• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Huhuhuh he was wrong about the fiscal year numbers". Who got time for nitpicking about dumb numbers like that ?

What a bunch of dumb Nintendo nerds that can't stomach someone thinking Switch legs will be cut short by the next generation.

Keep your dumb Nintendo "datas", we'll see who's right on the bigger picture shortly.

I bet you all come from the same discord, discussing stuff to fill your shitty life. Dumbfucks.
giphy.gif

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
"Huhuhuh he was wrong about the fiscal year numbers". Who got time for nitpicking about dumb numbers like that ?

What a bunch of dumb Nintendo nerds that can't stomach someone thinking Switch legs will be cut short by the next generation.

Keep your dumb Nintendo "datas", we'll see who's right on the bigger picture shortly.

I bet you all come from the same discord, discussing stuff to fill your shitty life. Dumbfucks.
You are the one who brought it up.

Who talks like this?
It fit's his avatar quite well.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Reported enjoy your ban new user troll.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yikes.

RezVr2

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf...I don't have discord and my avatar is from EVE Online the spreadsheets in space game. Talkin about data requires accuracy not feelings.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018

Thats a good one.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
battle city is turning into an all out war

edit:
this quote probably isn't that known actually lol

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The Switch is starting to sell well enough that I'm surprised how much longer Warner Bros studios, EA, Capcom and Activision can ignore it. I'm surprised Warner Bros studios hasnt released any Arkham game ports or Injustice 2. EA could be more supportive with sports titles and Sims 4 port which I think would suit the switch audience well. I'd also love ports of the Dead Space titles but that isnt happening. Capcom is still playing catch up; I'd like to see ports of RE5 and 6 at the least. RE2make and RE7 will never happen. Other ports that would probably be a good match would be Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes HD, Zack & Wiki HD, Viewtiful Joe HD, Monster Hunter Stories HD, Resident Evil Chronicles titles, etc. Activision could be more supportive with Call of Duty in some form and Spyro Trilogy.
Leave out EA and I'd agree with you entirely -- I imagine there's a lot of shareholders wondering why the other companies aren't jumping on the next PS4, especially given it's currently a safer platform (in terms of growth) than the next Sony and Microsoft consoles.

EA, on the other hand, is just going to sit in a corner and keep pouting, so it's easier to write them off. Though given the problems they've been having lately they might be feeling some pressure too.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Leave out EA and I'd agree with you entirely -- I imagine there's a lot of shareholders wondering why the other companies aren't jumping on the next PS4, especially given it's currently a safer platform (in terms of growth) than the next Sony and Microsoft consoles.

EA, on the other hand, is just going to sit in a corner and keep pouting, so it's easier to write them off. Though given the problems they've been having lately they might be feeling some pressure too.

Isnt unravel 2 coming to switch?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lower than 17M? It's not selling as high as PS4 or gonna be

Software is printing absurd amounts of money as usual

Dec 23, 2017
To be honest, I felt a noticeable uptick in 3rd party software starting in April. April-July alone we have FFX &X2/ XII, Dragons Dogma, Assasins Creed 3 remastered, Darksiders warmastered, RE Origins Collection, RE4, Cadence, Cuphead, Super Meat Boy, Mortal Kombat 11, Super Dragonball Z Heroes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Wolfenstein, Team Sonic Racing, Crash Bandicoot Racing, Yokai Watch 4, Dragon Quest 11 S, etc. While nothing that major, it is certainly a significant improvement in support compared to previous years. It makes me curious what games will release for later this year. With Skyrim and Doom launching holiday 2017 and Diablo 3 launching holiday 2018, I suspect there could be another western title in the same vein. Maybe that fabled GTAV port, witcher 3, fallout, etc.

The Switch is starting to sell well enough that I'm surprised how much longer Warner Bros studios, EA, Capcom and Activision can ignore it. I'm surprised Warner Bros studios hasnt released any Arkham game ports or Injustice 2. EA could be more supportive with sports titles and Sims 4 port which I think would suit the switch audience well. I'd also love ports of the Dead Space titles but that isnt happening. Capcom is still playing catch up; I'd like to see ports of RE5 and 6 at the least. RE2make and RE7 will never happen. Other ports that would probably be a good match would be Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes HD, Zack & Wiki HD, Viewtiful Joe HD, Monster Hunter Stories HD, Resident Evil Chronicles titles, etc. Activision could be more supportive with Call of Duty in some form and Spyro Trilogy.

I'm curious what other titles Bethesda plans on bringing to Switch. I'm really hoping for the Wvil Within series. Ubisoft may also have something substantial for Switch since they had MxR in 2017 and Starlink(with star fox crossover) in 2018.
I think a we'll made and marketed COD will do do good on the system. Really disappointed in Activision. Let see what E3 2019 has in store.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
That Animal Crossing mention is nice to hear, but didn't Fire Emblem have the same kind of mention in an earnings release before it was delayed?

I feel like if there's a delay, we probably won't find out about it until they have some solid info/footage to show, since they would want there to be something positive to make the delay go down easier. I guess we'll see! I'm 50/50 so far.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I am surprised they didnt hit their revised down expectation, but its not by much.
If the switch lite console isnt launching this year i think they might just hit 18m, or slightly miss it, if switch lite does come out this year then i feel nintendo is lowballing

Freed Games

Oct 29, 2017
Austria
Don't make me lose my time again.
Who talks like this?

edward-norton-primal-fear.jpg

To be honest, I felt a noticeable uptick in 3rd party software starting in April. April-July alone we have FFX &X2/ XII, Dragons Dogma, Assasins Creed 3 remastered, Darksiders warmastered, RE Origins Collection, RE4, Cadence, Cuphead, Super Meat Boy, Mortal Kombat 11, Super Dragonball Z Heroes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Wolfenstein, Team Sonic Racing, Crash Bandicoot Racing, Yokai Watch 4, Dragon Quest 11 S, etc. While nothing that major, it is certainly a significant improvement in support compared to previous years. It makes me curious what games will release for later this year. With Skyrim and Doom launching holiday 2017 and Diablo 3 launching holiday 2018, I suspect there could be another western title in the same vein. Maybe that fabled GTAV port, witcher 3, fallout, etc.

I'm curious what other titles Bethesda plans on bringing to Switch. I'm really hoping for the Wvil Within series. Ubisoft may also have something substantial for Switch since they had MxR in 2017 and Starlink(with star fox crossover) in 2018.

As you said, it is getting better and I think the pubs will continue to bring over mostly last-gen / cross-gen titles remastered for the Switch, it is just the perfect system for these kind of games performance wise and it is pretty safe to make money from these ports. I don't see a real uptick in original releases side-by-side with PS4/XBO though, especially with the Next-Gen coming next year. The performance gap will just be too big, you can already see the compromises especially in lighting (and of course resolution) necessary now.

Last edited:

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
I'd like to thank that poster on the last page for providing some entertainment lol. That was wild O.o

Absolutely not.

The game is heading to become the best selling remake in the franchise.
I agree that let's go has done well, and certainly isn't a flop by any standards, but do you really think it can outsell ORAS (just under 15m iirc)? Idk if it has another 4 ish million left in its tank.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that let's go has done well, and certainly isn't a flop by any standards, but do you really think it can outsell ORAS (just under 15m iirc)? Idk if it has another 4 ish million left in its tank.
It is currently 1m ahead ORAS with the same kind of legs.

Now ORAS didn't have a new generation game releasing the year after but 1m is a good lead and there are a possible spillover effects from Detective Pikachu.

15m is in sight imo.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
It is currently 1m ahead ORAS with the same kind of legs.

Now ORAS didn't have a new generation game releasing the year after but 1m is a good lead and there are a possible spillover effects from Detective Pikachu.

15m is in sight imo.
It's possible for sure, don't rly see it happening myself though. Regardless it'll at the very least be the second best selling remake ever

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
"This slide shows combined sell-through for the Japanese, North American, and European markets. As you can see, sell-through from January to March was 35% higher than the same period of the previous year".

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190426_3e.pdf

So sell-through for Q1 is around 35% stronger than for last years Q1, and despite that shipped numbers for this Q1 are around 500k lower than last years,
IMO this points Nintendo is lowering invetory for current model because they will release soon Switch revision.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

Anyways, I really do hope Nintendo has a strategy for releasing more first party games in the long term. Those seasonal droughts really did end up hurting the system's momentum. But I don't think it's the Nintendo teams not being prepared for HD development so much as it is them being REALLY encouraged by BotW to do something absolutely great (hence the significant delays).Their ambition is clearly outweighing their workforce and I really do hope that they'll create more studios.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyways, I really do hope Nintendo has a strategy for releasing more first party games in the long term. Those seasonal droughts really did end up hurting the system's momentum. But I don't think it's the Nintendo teams not being prepared for HD development so much as it is them being REALLY encouraged by BotW to do something absolutely great (hence the significant delays).Their ambition is clearly outweighing their workforce and I really do hope that they'll create more studios.
Monolith just opened its 5th studio, but I think now more than ever, Nintendo is expanding its external base rather than its internal teams. A lot of their games are made with outside developers, but it's clear to them now that they need to make more contracts. Necrodancer dev dealing with Zelda is just the start.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Could the lower than expected sales be the result of people holding off for the rumoured Switch Mini or Pro?