• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

With regards to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury...

• I have played the game, and will for sure be buying it again!

Votes: 375 34.1%
  • I have played the game, and may buy it again depending on the improvements/Bowser’s Fury

Votes: 284 25.8%
  • I have played the game, and definitely won’t be buying it again

Votes: 103 9.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and will for sure be jumping in for the first time!

Votes: 231 21.0%
  • I haven’t played the game, but I’m still not sold yet

Votes: 71 6.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and I’m still not interested

Votes: 37 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
NateDrake Loved the new episode. I skipped this generation, so I think with the announcement of the PS5 backwards compatibility I'll buy a PS5 (preferably with a disk drive) and play through a lot of the PS4 games I've missed
Both platforms are making it easy for folks that skipped this generation be able to enjoy the best versions of current-gen games.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
You know as a Final Fantasy fan it sucks that Square will never give us a turn-based mainline game ever again....

You gotta go to Dragon Quest for the traditional turn-base system.
My dream for years has been a heavily-stylized, turn-based, fantasy-centric Final Fantasy more in the vein of Final Fantasy IX, except on modern consoles and with the kind of budget that FF7Remake got. I want a modern FF that has a really unique look, oozes charm, and has that 'old-school fantasy FF' feel to it.

But I've pretty much accepted that that will never happen at this point.

Jqui

Jul 31, 2020
Both platforms are making it easy for folks that skipped this generation be able to enjoy the best versions of current-gen games.
Very true but honestly the Playstation exclusives are way more of a tempt for me. Last of Us, Uncharted, HZD, Ghost of Tsushima, GoW, etc. Gamepass and the lower price are tempting but I think I have to go PS5 for that sweet sweet exclusivity

Oct 30, 2017
Has there been anymore concrete news about the Switch Upgrade/Successor? My launch switches battery is starting to show its age a bit.

Would rather not to a temp upgrade if I am looking at a 6 month window for the upgrade. I know always speculative, but all the talk from a few weeks back has gone completely. I understand with MS and Sony launches coming so soon, but curious none the less.

Jqui

Jul 31, 2020
The direct archive got updated today. Wonder if the new Partner Direct will be announced tonight or soon

EDIT:
omezBWW.png

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I beat Hades for the first time today. Nearly repeated that with the run just after that, but got killed towards the end (boss only had like 10% health left as well, urgh).

Hey, but at least I did it once, and it seems more feasible than ever before to do it again.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Very true but honestly the Playstation exclusives are way more of a tempt for me. Last of Us, Uncharted, HZD, Ghost of Tsushima, GoW, etc. Gamepass and the lower price are tempting but I think I have to go PS5 for that sweet sweet exclusivity
You are in a good place to enjoy PS5 at launch. Considering the PS4 offerings and performance enhancements you'll get, seeing something Ghosts, UC4, TLOU, etc. all at their best will be fun. Even for me, going from a base PS4 to PS5 and seeing old games in 4K or Pro level performance will be a fresh experience.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I beat Hades for the first time today. Nearly repeated that with the run just after that, but got killed towards the end (boss only had like 10% health left as well, urgh).

Hey, but at least I did it once, and it seems more feasible than ever before to do it again.
Oh, and I think the last time I felt as excited or thrilled with one single game like this was with Bloodborne, haha.
Just so good.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is what I said last Thursday

I bet a Partner Showcase will happen in three weeks time; this month has five Thursdays and the Treehouse presentation needs time to breathe from yesterday. If it's on the 29th, that gives them one last push for Pikmin 3, "releasing retail and digitally, tomorrow!"

Maybe a partner Showcase a week earlier than I anticipated even if it's two weeks after this recent update in the archive.

RETROROTER

Feb 11, 2020
Hey Nate, what's the first game your gonna play on PS5? Ratchet and Clank, Marvel's Spider-Man 2? Or an old favorite from the PS4 era?

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
The direct archive got updated today. Wonder if the new Partner Direct will be announced tonight or soon

EDIT:
omezBWW.png

I've seen someone on reddit stating that we'll get an announcement 6:00 PM EST so within 45 minutes.

Does not seems to be a credible source, but still interesting. Maybe his source is also this modification.

Jqui

Jul 31, 2020
I've seen someone on reddit stating that we'll get an announcement 6:00 PM EST so within 45 minutes.

Does not seems to be a credible source, but still interesting. Maybe his source is also this modification.
They probably just check it every few days and noticed like me. Doesn't usually happen the same day or day after though so they're making quite the assumption

lightning16

May 17, 2019
It's a shame because Bravely Default and Octopath are good but not the same. They don't have the same depth a good FF can have.
Depth in what sense? I think they're fairly different from most Final Fantasy games in terms of writing and story and the such, but gameplay-wise I haven't played a Final Fantasy game with the gameplay depth of either Bravely Default/Second or Octopath, besides XIV I guess. If anything I'd say one of the biggest differences is that those two games aren't as streamlined as most single-player Final Fantasy games.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna expect Nintendo stuff at TGA but honestly.... ever since 2017 their presence there has been a bit disappointing. 2018 was just joker in smash (no gameplay) and MUA3, and 2019 was just third party partnerships (NMH3, BB2). A far cry from Bayo 3, Bayo 1+ 2 revealed and BotW DLC trailer and shadowdrop. Even the year before that was better with the first showcase of BotW since that E3 in the form of a trailer and a gameplay demo.

Maybe it's because Reggie left and he had a good relationship with Geoff. Idk how Bowser and him get along. You'd think they'd INCREASE their first party reveal presence given how it's growing each year.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I wanna expect Nintendo stuff at TGA but honestly.... ever since 2017 their presence there has been a bit disappointing. 2018 was just joker in smash (no gameplay) and MUA3, and 2019 was just third party partnerships (NMH3, BB2). A far cry from Bayo 3, Bayo 1+ 2 revealed and BotW DLC trailer and shadowdrop. Even the year before that was better with the first showcase of BotW since that E3 in the form of a trailer and a gameplay demo.

Maybe it's because Reggie left and he had a good relationship with Geoff. Idk how Bowser and him get along. You'd think they'd INCREASE their first party reveal presence given how it's growing each year.
Nintendo's TGA presence lately has felt mostly obligatory lately. I think they prefer to share first-party news on their own schedule seeing as so far they have refused to support Geoff with Gamescom ONL.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
www.gematsu.com

Touhou Luna Nights for Switch launches in 2020

Publisher Phoenixx and developer Team Ladybug will release Touhou Luna Nights in 2020, the publisher announced.

Dope, I was afraid it might not make it until 2021.
Yeeeeeees about damn time. I was so tempted to buy it on Steam for more than a year now, it has been on sale fairly often, but I was waiting for the Switch version.
I also recommend from the same devs the Metroidvania games they made in the Megaten franchise. You play as the Jack bros. It was available for free, as a limited time release. Officially it's not available anymore but it's easy to find it.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017

Eh. Don't think it makes sense to hang the "no gameplay" asterisk over the Joker reveal. It was a huge deal, perhaps one of the most well received and well integrated reveals of the night, and the lack of gameplay had no real bearing on that. It was a clever move to premiere a trailer like that promoting a crossover with a game that was being celebrated during the main show. The lack of gameplay, if anything, had to do with the timing. Also, the stream was peppered with continual Smash advertisements, counting down to the game's launch that evening. That show even had a live performance of Lifelight. It was all an extensive use of the show as a marketing vehicle. For one game, sure, but they threw their weight behind it.

And really, now that we're winding down on Nintendo's announcements for the year, it's clear that they didn't have that much else that could've premiered at TGAs in 2019. The biggest reveals seem to have been intended for their own 2020 E3 show or around TGS (like Monster Hunter), so many months removed from TGA. (This is excluding the Pokemon DLC, which I don't think ever would've been announced in a format other than a dedicated Direct.)

I think this year we'll see HW DLC with a BotW 2 teaser. They generally seem to know what material is best suited for the TGAs. Far cry from Cranky Kong days.

Status
Not open for further replies.