• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see you back, DC.

Is this the first Zelda demo in Nintendo's history?
I want to say it's not, but I'm not sure.

I would bet money that Next Level's next game is NOT Federation Force related. That game bombed hard and was one of Nintendo's least well received announcements ever. Nintendo probably wants to steer far away from making that a sub series.
yes, it doesn't have to be Federation Force. I was using it as an example for a multiplayer Metroid game. It could be anything. I wouldn't be surprised if them or even NST try a new multiplayer Metroid game of some kind.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Meh, I feel like the main story of Skyrim is worse than BOTW because it's such a slog. Breath of the Wild's is sparse, but Skyrim feels like some boring side quest stretched out to an entire RPG main story.

Maybe, but at least, there are side quest with sometimes an interesting back story, and much more lore than in BOTW (though for a Zelda, it's pretty good in that regard).
And just like that, I feel like turning this conversation into a BOTW-2 wishlist.
I wish for:

- Improved combat (if possible, taking some bits from Dragon's Dogma).
- A better story; basically, a game that cashes the check written by BOTW's trailer.
- An improved climbing system; I like that everything is climbable, but using rain as the only challenging gameplay mechanic in that context doesn't work for me.
- A less powerful glider. For me, it soemtimes deflated my enjoyment of exploring the world.
- Breakable weapons, but not disposable weapons. I do not enjoy when my sword is a consumable.
- More enemy variety, and enemies able to use the environment to fuck you up. For instance, bokoblins setting the grassland on fire to trap you.
- The Yiga clan is a joke, and not a good one. I'm not against goofiness, but they do not bring anything to the game.
- Even more lore, and more places like the forgotten temple.
- Better Lost Woods. The Lost Woods in BOTW felt uninspired and underwhelming.
- Boats being useful and not just a gimmick.
- I enjoy how Link can interact with the world, but it unfortunately felt unnecessary sometimes. For instance, you just use a log to cross a ravine once, and then you get the glider and stop bothering. Such a wasted potential.
- Visuals close to the first reveal of BOTW.
- This is going to be unpopular, but I do not need Dungeons honestly; I enjoyed the shrines, and I'd enjoy the open world to be viewed as a gigantic dungeon.
- More world bosses; I quickly grew tired of Lynels and cyclops (forgot their names).

I loved BOTW, probably my favorite Zelda when considering everything. The sequel being anything less than a timeless masterpiece would be disappointing.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019

EDIT: Rune Factory 4 free-to-use version from November 2nd to November 8th.

Kelios Direct has been the best Nintendo Direct of 2020 so far.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Try Rune Factory 4 you all, it's sooooo fun. I can't stop playing it. I was more of a Story of Seasons person, but going back to it in the last few days has made me realize the gameplay loop is actually more fun, less boring and tiring, and more engaging than Story of Seasons. There's so much to do, and the lenght of days is actually perfect for once.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
There sure has been a lot of AoC trailers.. reminds me of the times when XCX had like half a dozen of trailers/explanation videos ahead of launch.
They're really going for it.. hopefully it's as good as it looks.

But a demo a couple of days ahead of Pikmin 3 DX.. it's just jammed in there.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Since both the HW demo and the RF4 free trial have been leaked by Nintendo of Korea's blog, I wonder if there may be an actual event where both are revealed. It'd be weird (but not impossible) to see them as separate news items, given their posting times.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Technically, Hyrule Warriors can be part of a Partner Showcase: Cadence of Hyrule was another case of a third-party developed game based on a first-party franchise (Zelda again), published by a third party in Japan (Spike Chunsoft) and by Nintendo in the West.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Technically, Hyrule Warriors can be part of a Partner Showcase: Cadence of Hyrule was another case of a third-party developed game based on a first-party franchise (Zelda again), published by a third party in Japan (Spike Chunsoft) and by Nintendo in the West.
you're right!
come on partner showcase

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I played Skyrim super late and I found it to be lacking compared to other open world games, so maybe it's just me.
Not just you.

I think my main problem with Skyrim is that everything is excellent except the actual gameplay, which mostly involves jankily walking towards things and engaging with the most boring combat system I've ever seen.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Considering how the pandemic is going, I don't presume we'll get a Q1 2021 General Direct. Infections are at record levels with the world's 7-day moving average being the highest it's been and, even if effective vaccines come early next year, they will be dealt to health workers and elderly people first and foremost. As they should. But if we're lucky, things might start getting back on track next summer. So maybe a Summer 2021 General Direct.
Yeah, this has been on my mind. I think 2021 is going to be a strong year, so I'm not concerned on the software front, but when it comes to news rollout I could see Nintendo sticking with their current strategy until the spring or summer of 2021. They can alternate between Partner Showcases, Indies World, a Zelda Direct, and a Pokemon Direct over the next 5 months or so with one off game announcements coming when they want (including at TGA).

Also, hi Kelios!

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Well, hopes were raised and dashed, though we did get a slightly suggestive screenshot of Link with a Gerudo claymore.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

1_gDOd2Hy.jpg

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Well if the trailer is dated for the 28th in Korea we're still likely getting it today, right? Or is tomorrow morning (US) also a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.