• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I can't stop playing AoC. Please send help. Link is level 55 and I'm on chapter four. The game can't dish out side quests quick enough to stop me. Please help.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I guess Dusk just decided to say it; alright then.

Not a huge surprise, even though I was hoping they'd keep the Outrage subtitle :p

I enjoyed Rev 2 quite a bit (unlike Rev 1 which was so so). My two biggest gripes were the episodic release and the co-op character being melee/stealth focused which are easy to fix.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I guess Dusk just decided to say it; alright then.

I sorta' weighed the options, I think long-term people believing there's an Outbreak 3 and it not existing may hurt more than help, but I also got 100% confirmation Outrage is RE switch. It may not be called Rev 3 when it releases, but it is for all intents and purposes, and its the Switch-focused RE game (not Switch exclusive though, it's coming to everything, Switch was the lead platform though). I know you know this, just decided & think it's coming out to the public anyways.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
Any idea on what that "guillotine" might be? any fun guesses? (I've missed a lot of the discussion, so please disregard this if we've already covered it)

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It will be an action-focused Resident Evil where you play as notorious Albert Wesker, performing sick flips and quick teleportations, engaging in the decadence of complete global saturation.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It will be an action-focused Resident Evil where you play as notorious Albert Wesker, performing sick flips and quick teleportations, engaging in the decadence of complete global saturation.
I'll confirm this now, RE Switch is a survival-horror game, not an action-horror game. At least internally they view it as survival-horror. There obviously will still be action to it, but they are aiming for a horror feel ala RE7/RE:2.

hamster1998

May 8, 2020
I sorta' weighed the options, I think long-term people believing there's an Outbreak 3 and it not existing may hurt more than help, but I also got 100% confirmation Outrage is RE switch. It may not be called Rev 3 when it releases, but it is for all intents and purposes, and its the Switch-focused RE game (not Switch exclusive though, it's coming to everything, Switch was the lead platform though). I know you know this, just decided & think it's coming out to the public anyways.
Dusk Golem i don't know if you said anything on this but do you know who would potentially star in this game? I do remember you saying Rebecca but is that the only returning ? I hope capcom has Jill as well so people can calm down.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem i don't know if you said anything on this but do you know who would potentially star in this game? I do remember you saying Rebecca but is that the only returning ? I hope capcom has Jill as well so people can calm down.
I know more about Appocylpse than I do on Outrage, but I got confirmation since I spoke that Outrage is RE Switch & what internally was Rev 3 after some stuff, but it may not be called Rev 3 (maybe it will though). Every time I've heard about Rev 3 since 2017, Rebecca has been a part of it. Rebecca was planned to be a part of Village at one point to further connect the two games, but she's no longer in Village, I think she's still starring in RE Switch though.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'll confirm this now, RE Switch is a survival-horror game, not an action-horror game. At least internally they view it as survival-horror. There obviously will still be action to it, but they are aiming for a horror feel ala RE7/RE:2.
Thanks for the info. This will be one of my most anticipated Switch games now. I liked the first part of Revelations but got bored as I got further in because of all the actiony parts.

hamster1998

May 8, 2020
I know more about Appocylpse than I do on Outrage, but I got confirmation since I spoke that Outrage is RE Switch & what internally was Rev 3 after some stuff, but it may not be called Rev 3 (maybe it will though). Every time I've heard about Rev 3 since 2017, Rebecca has been a part of it. Rebecca was planned to be a part of Village at one point to further connect the two games, but she's no longer in Village, I think she's still starring in RE Switch though.
Thank you so much for letting us know! I've honestly always trusted you with sources and you've kept me constantly hyped for more re games in the future! I've never heard about apocalypse game tho. What is that? Hopefully my girl Claire can show up in that. I really miss her in the games

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Morning all! Here's hoping my Age of Calamity turns up today, because I'm taking a day off tomorrow for my birthday. Jealous hearing how much everyone has had with it over the weekend.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hmm. So guessing by the leaked documents, this should release in March 2022, in what should be the last major year for the current Switch. Going out with a bang I see.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Hmm. So guessing by the leaked documents, this should release in March 2022, in what should be the last major year for the current Switch. Going out with a bang I see.
Really doubt either a Switch revision or a Switch successor is going to launch in 2022. 2021 makes sense for a revision. 2023+ makes sense for a successor.

Edit: I misread, ignore me.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Really doubt either a Switch revision or a Switch successor is going to launch in 2022. 2021 makes sense for a revision. 2023+ makes sense for a successor.
I said 2022 would be the last major year for the CURRENT Switch. I expect Nintendo to drop the system entirely when the Switch 2 comes out in late 2023/early 2024. And with the dev teams Switching over, there's not going to be much left after 2022 is done.

2022 will be filled with new games from the teams/companies who put out games in 2019. Pokemon Gen 9, Fire Emblem, 2D Mario, Astral Chain 2, Mario Strikers from Next Level, and 2D Zelda if Grezzo doesn't come out with a new remake next year. Probably a hold-over from 2021 as well (BOTW2 if delayed).

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Morning all! Here's hoping my Age of Calamity turns up today, because I'm taking a day off tomorrow for my birthday. Jealous hearing how much everyone has had with it over the weekend.

Morning! Finding myself in the same situation, Royal Mail tracking isn't helping either. It's been on "Item leaving the UK" since Saturday 2 AM. D:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Morning people. Miss me? Had some days off and the weekend for PS5, AoC, family time and some shit that needed to be done before it's getting too cold to do it.

Did i miss anything since wednesday? ^^

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Morning people. Miss me? Had some days off and the weekend for PS5, AoC, family time and some shit that needed to be done before it's getting too cold to do it.

Did i miss anything since wednesday? ^^
Resident Evil Switch confirmed (multiplatform but Switch is the lead platform, pretty much Rev 3 even if it doesn't have this name when released, horror-focused); Guillotine is Ghosts 'n' Goblins - a timed exclusive for Switch ( dunno if this was known last Wednesday)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Have a happy birthday tomorrow! Timezones are weird so I might as well say it now and not risk missing it tomorrow.

I like how you were an impostor this entire time. Pretending to be a regular poster.

Kinda sus man, ngl.
Hey, i'm a regular poster! My range of info isn't wide enough for me to actually fancy myself an "insider"; I just hear a few things from a few different people.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Switch confirmed (multiplatform but Switch is the lead platform, pretty much Rev 3 even if it doesn't have this name when released, horror-focused); Guillotine is Ghosts 'n' Goblins - a timed exclusive for Switch ( dunno if this was known last Wednesday)

Appreciated. :]

A new G'n'G? Well if Castlevania is MIA, this have to do. Kinda wishing this was some super nice 2D graphics, but i'll take some solid 2.5D with a good art direction too.

Hope this is real and will do well. I'd be up for a new Demons Crest / Gargoyles Quest game, too. ^^

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Happy birthday, bud.
Have a happy birthday tomorrow! Timezones are weird so I might as well say it now and not risk missing it tomorrow.
Thanks guys!
Morning! Finding myself in the same situation, Royal Mail tracking isn't helping either. It's been on "Item leaving the UK" since Saturday 2 AM. D:
Yeah, Royal Mail can be useless. I ordered two books from an independent publisher, and the one they posted at a later date has arrived first, with the first book nowhere to be seen just yet. My Age of Calamity shipped early Thursday morning, so should have arrived Saturday morning at the latest. Maybe the time of year - people no doubt ordering even more gifts online than usual.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking maybe Ghosts 'n' Goblins is a 3D game in the same style as Maximo? It makes sense that it is a 2D game but it would surprise me if it went all 3D.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ghosts 'n' Goblins is apparently running on RE engine

Wouldn't / Doesn't surprise me, RE Engine will basically power every future Capcom game. Can't see them keeping stuff like MT Framework in the run for too long.

The fact that they were motivated enough to branch off a fork for Switch support off is telling.

If you're using your own in-company engine and aren't working or already having support for Switch, you're not keeping up to date with the market! *Cough*EA*Cough* ^^

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
My big question about the future of Pokemon is not what's coming next, as I'm fairly certain it'll be Diamond & Pearl remakes, my question is what comes after these remakes. Will we get a year of DLC expansions for them? Straight to Gen 9? Another round of Let's Go?
Supposedly there's no Let's Go game in development, which would be for the best. Game Freak didn't really have the resources to make the first one, and a second would almost certainly be a repeat of that.

The real question for what comes after the Diamond and Pearl remakes is how much time Game Freak is budgeting for Gen 9. If they learned their lesson from Sword and Shield and are actually doing a 4 year dev cycle this time, then either it will be a gap year or a year of DLC for the remakes. If they are continuing the 3 year dev cycles, then it will just be going straight into Gen 9.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly there's no Let's Go game in development, which would be for the best. Game Freak didn't really have the resources to make the first one, and a second would almost certainly be a repeat of that.

The real question for what comes after the Diamond and Pearl remakes is how much time Game Freak is budgeting for Gen 9. If they learned their lesson from Sword and Shield and are actually doing a 4 year dev cycle this time, then either it will be a gap year or a year of DLC for the remakes. If they are continuing the 3 year dev cycles, then it will just be going straight into Gen 9.
Serebii seemed to imply that they would go back to 4-years generations which is the best move. They had the hard task to support the 3DS and the Switch at the same time, now that the fate of the Switch is sealed, they can do things at a more reasonable pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.