• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
You should be fine if I had to guess! Honestly in my experience I tend to enjoy the turkey more the day after anyway.

Tomorrow is our first stab at a turkey. Usually we go see our families but we decided to just do it ourselves and let everyone stay distant while COVID is spiking. So my wife is handling the turkey and I'm working all the sides and dessert.

We'll see! Mine is going in the brine tonight and in the oven tomorrow. We bought one of those oven meat thermometers so hopefully it won't go dry.

Yeah it's my first time doing a turkey too. Already made a nice looking pecan pie yesterday, and we're gonna be cooking some more sides today and tomorrow. Good luck with yours!

So are you having the gravy cold or are you going to heat up the turkey in the gravy?

I was planning to keep the meat in the gravy in the fridge overnight and then heat it all up together in the oven tomorrow. Covered of course.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been sitting on a "God of War (2018) is a pretty good Skyward Sword clone" thread for a while but I don't think Era is ready for this conversation.

jk, maybe

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So Best Buy sales start tonight right? I remember them saying they were gonna sell Link's Awakening for $30...

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Switch doing well and then the PS5 and Series doing historical numbers is the exact reality I want since it means the console business is in healthy shape.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Switch doing well and then the PS5 and Series doing historical numbers is the exact reality I want since it means the console business is in healthy shape.

Time to revisit all those "consoles are dying" takes from a few years ago.
mjlol.png

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i might be crazy but i think in 10 years we'll all be streaming games on our tv/phones on the nintendo/ps/xbox/whatever apps.

key

Nov 7, 2017
Ditto I've been eyeing it myself for quite a while and my question to everyone who had bought it is would you consider it a actual good workout for your body? I wanna start the new year with a much healthier diet and workout plan so is ring fit a good workout alternative until the gyms reopen

I got the game for Christmas last year, have played it on average 2-3 times per week since. I've lost roughly 40 lbs (from around 200 lbs to 162 lbs). I've made pretty minimal changes to my diet, mostly just portion control. I'd say it's definitely a serviceable replacement for the gym.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
There's a new Mario Sports game coming from Camelot in the first half of 2021.

Wasn't told what sport it was, but Golf is a safe assumption.

Sorry GS fans, the Sun will rise again...eventually.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
10 years as a timescale is way too short of a timescale even if you think streaming is inevitable.
ok, 15
the point is, dedicated consoles/handhelds aren't here for long imo, at least not at the scale they are today. they might still have a niche market but they won't be how the majority of public plays the games.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I was planning to keep the meat in the gravy in the fridge overnight and then heat it all up together in the oven tomorrow. Covered of course.
I usually have the bird cold/room temp and just make sure the gravy is piping hot. But if you really want to heat the turkey make sure it's on a relatively low heat like 150C (300F) at most, otherwise the juices will leech out and the meat will be dry anyway. Also let the meat rest for at least as long as you cooked it before carving.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Assumed that would be the case; probably releasing in June like Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Maker 2 did; feels like a nice spot for Mario.

Sucks for Golden Sun fans hoping for something based on Nintendo filing a new trademark. Maybe they'll get their revival another day.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Switch is doing historic numbers too, actually.

I usually have the bird cold/room temp and just make sure the gravy is piping hot. But if you really want to heat the turkey make sure it's on a relatively low heat like 150C (300F) at most, otherwise the juices will leech out and the meat will be dry anyway. Also let the meat rest for at least as long as you cooked it before carving.

Yeah I was gonna do 250-300 for an hour or so tomorrow. I'm planning to carve it later today after it rests for an hour or two but only into biggish pieces.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
ok, 15
the point is, dedicated consoles/handhelds aren't here for long imo, at least not at the scale they are today. they might still have a niche market but they won't be how the majority of public plays the games.

Probably the thing that will make the switch concept useless, not quite as cool when you can play on your phone and tv and such

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Switch is doing historic numbers too, actually.

Yeah I was gonna do 250-300 for an hour or so tomorrow. I'm planning to carve it later today after it rests for an hour or two but only into biggish pieces.

Yeah I realized after the fact that implied Switch wasn't doing historical but I just worded it weird.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah a Sports game from Camelot feels like a pretty safe bet, Strikers or bust though :p
Expecting bust.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the thing that will make the switch concept useless, not quite as cool when you can play on your phone and tv and such

Playing a console level game on a phone will never be fun and intuitive when it has to rely on the touchscreen. No matter how great streaming tech is, you can never replace dedicated physical controls.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Sun is dead. Idk why people keep thinking it has a chance. It's a dead JRPG. Nintendo has it filled now with something more successful. Mario Golf is a better investment than GS.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust anyone to do a Strikers that isn't Next Level so while I hope the former can still happen eventually I'm putting my money on Golf.

Which I'd actually be happy with, the Mario Golf games are consistently great.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please do it, omg

For the big finish put the meta scores that are nearly the same😭

I didn't even notice they had almost the same score lmao.

No but seriously, ignoring a few minor issues, it's actually interesting how well GoW does the seamless transitions from an "overworld" to dungeons. Which makes it very reminiscent of Skyward Sword, even though the execution is obviously very very different.

Deleted member 86402

Banned
Nov 21, 2020
Ireland
I got the game for Christmas last year, have played it on average 2-3 times per week since. I've lost roughly 40 lbs (from around 200 lbs to 162 lbs). I've made pretty minimal changes to my diet, mostly just portion control. I'd say it's definitely a serviceable replacement for the gym.
That's incredible well done man.
Yeah a Sports game from Camelot feels like a pretty safe bet, Strikers or bust though :p
Expecting bust.
That's the dream but it's gonna be golf if we're being safe about it. correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it Next Level Games that develop the strikers games

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust anyone to do a Strikers that isn't Next Level so while I hope the former can still happen eventually I'm putting my money on Golf.

Which I'd actually be happy with, the Mario Golf games are consistently great.
People have been asking NLG for a new Mario Strikers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're developing one right now. My only worry is Nintendo changing the edginess of the series into what all the other series of Mario sports are.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hope this new Mario Golf game has swing mode like the Mario Tennis game. Would love to hit the links with a joycon and hit every shot out of bounds.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Assumed that would be the case; probably releasing in June like Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Maker 2 did; feels like a nice spot for Mario.

Sucks for Golden Sun fans hoping for something based on Nintendo filing a new trademark. Maybe they'll get their revival another day.
Nintendo fans and reading too much into trademark filings/renewals, a neverending tale

Last edited:

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People have been asking NLG for a new Mario Strikers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're developing one right now. My only worry is Nintendo changing the edginess of the series into what all the other series of Mario sports are.
I'm not so confident in that. NLG had a change in management and ever since they've moved on from the sports genre. While not impossible, I think NLG is more interested in adventure titles, than creating sports games these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.