• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What form will the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 take?

• Nintendo Direct

Votes: 247 20.0%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini

Votes: 131 10.6%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase

Votes: 269 21.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda Direct

Votes: 176 14.2%
  • Pokémon Direct

Votes: 352 28.5%
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 36 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Do you have an idea for any gimick they cant do with the switch (or an revision)?
Cause the form factor, the connctor on the joy cons, usb-c makes me thing they have reached the endstate: every gimick they want they can test.
See: Toy Cons (so many ideas), Ring Con (a whole new way to play containing a new sensor)
I agree and I've said it before.

The system's modularity just eliminates the need for building a whole system around any control gimmick they might come up with.

Last edited:

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I agree and I've said it before.

The system's modularity just eliminates the need for building a whole system over any control gimmick they might come up with.
Yeah. And if the rumored chip ("secondary display") is really a dock to which a switch (revision?) can stream to, then we essentially have a replication of DS/Wii U gameplay ideas. So you could bring those things back with a revision without loosing the switch concept.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
I guess we will only gat some BD 2 Stuff and nothing else, still hope for a "Zelda Anniversary" Tweet at least!

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I got sick. Covid symptoms, had to get tested, while waiting for my results I get worst and then I find out...

I got the regular flu lol. Thankful it's not Covid but ironic it's the regular flu. And boy does it hurt, I've been in bed the last 4 days.

Stay healthy y'all

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
After avoiding doing the last trip in Spiritfarer for some time.. the wife and I decided tonight was the night

I cried..

What a beautiful game.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'll only be satisfied when that rumored Super Monkey Ball game get announced. AND Astral Chain 2. AND Klonoa remastered. AND the next Yoshi game.

Nah forget it. I'll never be satisfied.

Deleted member 77466

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2020
Not sure if I'll be pleased by a new 2D Metroid, I don't think the series have much left to offer in a world ruled by metroidvania monsters like Hollow Knight or Ori.
Maybe by a Super Metroid Remake or a legacy collection

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Zelda, Klonoa Remaster, New Metroid, New Monolith IP, Silksong, a release for No More Heroes, Bayonetta Info, Octopath 2 (probably far off), FF13 collection, a new 3D Kirby game, a new FE that improves on all the problems that TH had (or maybe a reinterpretation of the Japan only SNES games), SMT5... there are enough games that would make me happy in a presentation. They are all just absent currently.

Also: i want solar ash kingdome to come to the switch to, not only PS5!

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Are people truly ever pleased?

Yes. People were pleased in February 2019. They were also pleased after E3 2019. More recently, people were pleased after the glorious indie direct of August 2020. And of course, people were pleased during the partner direct revealing Monster Hunter Rise. We're still riding that wave by the way, very few people would say that it's a bad time to play on Switch right now, unlike 2018 (justified) and the first half of 2020.
If the upcoming 2-3 months have interesting announcements (new first party games, surprise third party games and so on), people will be pleased too.

As for me, I'm pleased after any indie direct; so March is what I'm looking forward to.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I'm easily pleased so pretty much any type of news at this point is good to me, well minus AC I fell off that game so hard.

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pleased when I wake up on the right side of the daisies in the morning

Sep 9, 2020

giphy.gif

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

This is off subject, but I am extremely happy today that a second season of Demon Slayer was announced. The day has start great for me so good.

Also the new gameplay snippet of the CC2 game for Demon Slayer looks straight up like the Naruto Ninja Storm games lmao.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Not sure if I'll be pleased by a new 2D Metroid, I don't think the series have much left to offer in a world ruled by metroidvania monsters like Hollow Knight or Ori.
Maybe by a Super Metroid Remake or a legacy collection
I wouldn't underestimate Metroid, sure Samus Returns didn't quite reach the heights of Super, Fusion and ZM but it was always a limiting game.
It's been a long time, it'll be the first 2D Metroid on a home console for 27 years.
I have no doubt it can stand toe to toe with those "monsters". Plus there's a dearth of good sci-fi metroidvanias compared to the more "vania" entries.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I wouldn't underestimate Metroid, sure Samus Returns didn't quite reach the heights of Super, Fusion and ZM but it was always a limiting game.
It's been a long time, it'll be the first 2D Metroid on a home console for 27 years.
I have no doubt it can stand toe to toe with those "monsters". Plus there's a dearth of good sci-fi metroidvanias compared to the more "vania" entries.
What I can see hurting Metroid V is price.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Speaking of Sheikah Pedestal, one of those Sheikah Phone Chargers would really come in handy, but apparently they're not available here. Only in AliBaba or whatever.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
for once we have a clear time frame on the calendar, pokémon week, and you guys are still trying to imagine things coming sooner??

be grateful that we will be given a week

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That "what's your gimmick" thread just got closed, and I was about to say mine is either defending Xenoblade 2, or posting the Link climbing picture in sales threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.