What form will the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 take?

• Nintendo Direct

Votes: 247 20.0%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini

Votes: 131 10.6%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase

Votes: 269 21.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda Direct

Votes: 176 14.2%
  • Pokémon Direct

Votes: 352 28.5%
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 36 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeloo

Jan 11, 2021
Hungary
The Legend of Zelda: Chronicles

- Releases May 2021
- Includes HD versions of:
- Ocarina of Time (3DS)
- Ocarina of Time Master Quest (3DS)
- Majora's Mask (3DS)
- A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
- The Wind Waker (Wii U)
- Twilight Princess (Wii U)
- Skyward Sword (Wii)

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

- Releases June 2021
- Full remake of the GameCube original with online support

Hey, let me dream.

That would cost a solid 120$ for sure. And FSA would be 60$ no doubt. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it for that price...

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I didn't see the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity figures - 3.5 million is a good result. I'd thought it had a shot at 5 million, lifetime, so it'll be interesting to see how it does from here.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
giphy.gif

DexterBear

Apr 24, 2018
I have a big issue... I just bought Super Mario Advance, Sonic Advance and a One Piece game for GBA on Japan...and I can't find time to play them. I have a lot of games to review (some I can't even mention) and I'm not seeing this ending anytime soon.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Posting again a few pages later..

Random but for people that played Borderlands, did you use the motion controls? I feel like without the aim assist (which can't stay on if you use gyro) it's really hard to aim. I had the same issue with fortnite and it's one of the few cases where I turned them off. Normally I love gyro. Maybe I'm just missing something with my settings...any advice?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Still playing Cross Code?

Very sporadically, but that's more because I'm getting to be very busy (buying a home is busy work) than not wanting to play the game. I'm still enjoying the puzzles, but I just got to the starting town so I'm really not far in at all.

I didn't see the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity figures - 3.5 million is a good result. I'd thought it had a shot at 5 million, lifetime, so it'll be interesting to see how it does from here.

I still have faith in 10 million... Somehow...

Random but for people that played Borderlands, did you use the motion controls? I feel like without the aim assist (which can't stay on if you use gyro) it's really hard to aim. I had the same issue with fortnite and it's one of the few cases where I turned them off. Normally I love gyro. Maybe I'm just missing something with my settings...any advice?

Yeah the gyro implementation in those games is not very good. They do 1 to 1 gyro meaning you really need to do huge exaggerated movements to aim with gyro, and that's not fun or readily doable in any way. I cranked the sensitivity way up and it still felt like that.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I apologise, I always thought LM sold less. Still, my point stands with Paper Mario.

With last sales numbers, Paper Mario on Wii sold around 4.2m units, best selling Metroid game is less than 2.8m, in other words best selling Paper Mario game sold around 50% more than best selling Metroid game, so again not best comparison.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

I've often found gyro aiming to be much better in theory than in execution. It's a far cry from IR aiming on the Wii.

I tried to play Doom with just motion controls and couldn't do it.

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
In my opinion Metroid and DK will probably announced their games in a non focused Direct (Metroid 2D and maybe Trilogy HD and 2D DK) and also do a little mention that the games coincide with theyr anniversaries

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Another "leak", this time about BOTW2.
The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild Sequel
The sequel to TLOZ BOTW was postponed internally last June for the middle of 2021.
-Currently the title is still scheduled for a period between March and May, but with a probable postponement to October.
-The title of the game has been decided for some time, but it will be revealed only at the end of the next reveal trailer and it will be essential to understand a main mechanic of the game not yet announced.
-The game menus have been redesigned and cleaned, there is no longer the drop in pace due to the stop of the gameplay to heal by eating.
-There will be no more towers, the map has been turned upside down and exploration will have a different flavor.
-Zelda will help Link in some stages, such as puzzles and bossfights.
-The new mechanics are connected to the triforce on the palm of links.
-The trailer cutscene is not the first of the game.
-The enemies from the first game will return with new "variations", but there will be new ones.
-The shrines will disappear in favor of underground dungeons then articulated, as in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, with the aesthetic line of the shrines but the main ones totally different and original.
-There are 7 bosses but only 4 are in the dungeons.
-The plot will play a central role, there will be many cutscenes and more characters will be voiced.
-There are no DLCs.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the gyro implementation in those games is not very good. They do 1 to 1 gyro meaning you really need to do huge exaggerated movements to aim with gyro, and that's not fun or readily doable in any way. I cranked the sensitivity way up and it still felt like that.
I've often found gyro aiming to be much better in theory than in execution. It's a far cry from IR aiming on the Wii.

I tried to play Doom with just motion controls and couldn't do it.

Thanks you both. I think I'm gonna turn it off then and keep aim assist on. It felt WAY more enjoyable that way. I wish I could restrict the gyro to just when I'm ADS but oh well. I guess every gyro implementation can't be great :(

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
With last sales numbers, Paper Mario on Wii sold around 4.2m units, best selling Metroid game is less than 2.8m, in other words best selling Paper Mario game sold around 50% more than best selling Metroid game, so again not best comparison.
Right, but my point isn't that Metroid is a better seller than these franchises. It's that, on switch, it can outperform its previous entries, as other games have done, provided it's a quality title
Perhaps I'm overestimating Metroid, but I think that Nintendo is acknowledging that it is an important franchise

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
Gyro aiming is a bit of a mixed bag, but yesterday I was playing Titanfall on my Series X and I found myself moving the controller to try and hit some enemies so, yeah, I kinda like it. I loved it on Doom 2016 and BOTW, and found it to be beautifully executed on the metro games as well (they look amazing on Switch btw).

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Gyro aiming is a bit of a mixed bag, but yesterday I was playing Titanfall on my Series X and I found myself moving the controller to try and hit some enemies so, yeah, I kinda like it. I loved it on Doom 2016 and BOTW, and found it to be beautifully executed on the metro games as well (they look amazing on Switch btw).
It seems to work best as an aiming adjustment e.g. to fine tune rather than completely independently

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
2 hours, 18 minutes into my new job - still no IT access so I can't do any of the training they want me to do. I do have a meeting at 1pm, which I'll be attending using the institutional email address from my old employer *shrugs*

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
The Legend of Zelda: Chronicles

- Releases May 2021
- Includes HD versions of:
- Ocarina of Time (3DS)
- Ocarina of Time Master Quest (3DS)
- Majora's Mask (3DS)
- A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
- The Wind Waker (Wii U)
- Twilight Princess (Wii U)
- Skyward Sword (Wii)

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

- Releases June 2021
- Full remake of the GameCube original with online support

Hey, let me dream.
Best case scenario:
OoT / MM 3D HD 60$
WW/TP HD 60$
Skyward Sword HD 60$
A Link Between Worlds HD 60$

Expecting all these games in one package should not be allowed even in one's dreams. Nintendo ninjas might get you in your sleep.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I'm starting to lose hope in any Age of Calamity updates so they're bound to be around the corner.
They might be included in a Mini Direct for The Legend of Zelda anniversary.
By the way, yesterday I have finished the main story of Age of Calamity - I loved to watch all the cutscenes, and more specifically the focus on Zelda as a character! Probably I won't complete it 100% but I might complete other side quests to unlock other characters. And if a Xenoblade Musou will be reality, I will buy it for sure.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Best case scenario:
OoT / MM 3D HD 60$
WW/TP HD 60$
Skyward Sword HD 60$
A Link Between Worlds HD 60$

Expecting all these games in one package should not be allowed even in one's dreams. Nintendo ninjas might get you in your sleep.

They released this once:

It had Zelda 1 and 2, OOT and MM.

I think a collection with all of the NES, SNES and N64 games IS possible for $60. But I wouldn't bet on that.
Also, I think it's more likely that we'll get the N64 versions of OoT and MM (which is fine by me as I don't like the changes made to the 3DS version of MM).

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
They released this once:

It had Zelda 1 and 2, OOT and MM.

I think a collection with all of the NES, SNES and N64 games IS possible for $60. But I wouldn't bet on that.
Also, I think it's more likely that we'll get the N64 versions of OoT and MM (which is fine by me as I don't like the changes made to the 3DS version of MM).
That was initially a promotional thing only bundled with GC consoles to push sales. Plus it was just emulated roms, no rework at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.