• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

1. Retirement of a Representative Director

(1) Reason
Retirement from the Representative Director at the expiration of the term of the office of Director, which is as of the end of the 78th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on June 28, 2018

(2) Name and Title of the Retiring Representative Director Tatsumi Kimishima (Representative Director and President)

2. Anticipated new Representative Director

(1) Reason
To shift to a new management structure, after Tatsumi Kimishima retires from the office of Representative Director and President on June 28, 2018.

Screen_Shot_2018-04-26_at_2.42.28_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-04-26_at_2.47.47_AM.png

Last edited:

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
finally. they said from the start Kimishima wasn't a permanent replacement. i'm surprised they took this long since they said he was only holding the position for 1 year initially. i though they had forgotten about that tbh.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Kimishima was only ever meant to be a temporary stand-in due to Iwata's sudden passing, right? So this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Oct 26, 2017
Kimishima said he was possibly only temporary, I guess he finally found his proper successor, but WHO?

I remember folks saying Shinya Takahashi was a likely candidate.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
We knew from the start that Kimishima was only going to be termporary.

Nobody should be surprised.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually expecting Takahashi to take over, but he seems confident in his current role.

Furukawa is young and a great choice.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow.

Never heard of Furukawa before- those are some BIG shoes to fill.

Kimishima took on the presidency at an incredibly difficult time, and shepherded it towards future long-term success. He deserves great credit for that.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
A marketing guy, eh? I was hoping it would be someone from the dev side, but I guess we won't ever have another Iwata, so why bother.