• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
EDIT: The demo version, so don't expect leaks.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...l-cancer-patient-to-play-smash-bros-ultimate/

If you or anyone else would like to see do something a little more I'd encourage to you to make a small donation if you can to a cancer charity, or just attend some local charity fundraising event

For example, you could make a donation in his name to the Canadian Cancer society
https://www.cancer.ca/en/donate/?region=on

who fund various research efforts in to both treatments and improving quality of life for people suffering from the disease.

Last edited:

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I am so happy to hear that the internet used its power to advocate for somebody who had such a simple final request. It's a sad story with at least this nice moment that his family can remember as one of the good times.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's Capcoms turn now since this guy also wants to play DMC5.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
What a nice story. Reminds of the time Pixar brought a copy of Up to a hospital to show a terminally-ill girl before it hit theaters. Good guy Nintendo spreading the love.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
That's so nice of them! I'm glad this fan got to play it.

He also says a friend, family, & pictures were involved... Is it too cynical to believe this is the origin of the Ken leak?

OP
OP

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I wish he didn't get to play this early.

And I'm sure he would agree, because it would be because he didn't have to ask, and not face this like he does.

Fuck cancer. Can we just ban it or something?

Great humanity shown by Nintendo to grant a fan what could be one of their last wishes.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
This is an awesome, feel good story. Super easy for Nintendo to make it happen, made someone really happy, and it's great positive publicity. Good stuff all around.

That's so nice of them! I'm glad this fan got to play it.

He also says a friend, family, & pictures were involved... Is it too cynical to believe this is the origin of the Ken leak?

He said it's the E3 build, so probably not.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Reminds me of when Disney allowed someone who was terminally ill to watch The Force Awakens before he passed.

Always a heartwarming thing to hear.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I wanna say this happened with BOTW but I'm not 100% sure

Regardless, it's nice that Ninty does something like this.

Yes, it happened with BotW.

Ah I knew it. Thanks guys.

Good on Nintendo, it's a heartwarming thing to read about when it comes this kinda stuff.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I really hope he enjoyed himself, I honestly do.

I was sick this week with a simple head cold and mild fever. Your typical run of the mill sickness everyone gets. Initially I thought cool, I get to chill at home for a few days and play some video games and relax ( working full time and family life take away from the time I get to play ) but in all honesty being sick just sucked the wind out of me. I didnt have enjoyment in it. I tried and it felt like a task.

Its great he is sharing his experiance, I just hope nintendo dosent retweet or even boast about that they did it. Nothing bothers me more than when companies do publicity stunts. Their silence on this shows the upmost respect.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Awesome. Sad story but at least he got his wish.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome stuff. The simple pleasures in life are the most precious. Glad he got the chance to play it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's like that time Oda spoiled OnePiece end to a very sick kid.

Awesome gesture, really great on them.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I remember reading this tweet a bit ago

and its follow up

which then was retweeted around with calls for help to some NoA employees.
Its so good he managed to enjoy the game even if it was a demo.

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
It's nice that people seem to realise when there is no time left, little things become the world.

Ten years ago I lost my father to cancer, and the months before (when he could still see, he became almost blind because of a seemingly unrelated virus they said but I beg to differ) he wanted to watch a new season of 24.
I did get to download it with subtitles in time (I paid for the box when it was finally released in my country).

That was the last thing he wanted, to me it seemed strange at the time, but when your life/the world/everything is ending, some distraction from the pain and that realisation apparently can become everything to someone, because it's the last thing.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
What an awesome move by them. Happy he was able to play the game, a very sad story but this little gesture means so much.