• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Credit to BowzasaurusRex on Reddit for finding both.

The WiiU page was originally located here: https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/what-is-wiiu/

All 7th Gen games have been removed from the Game Guide (WiiU titles are still listed): https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide/

gkPk2Rb.png

Vqra1mo.png

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
It is sad, wiiu was awesome, i do miss miiverse, menu music and the eshop. Switch is barebone af

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Well that's pretty shitty, especially considering how good the Japanese website has been at archiving old Nintendo websites.

edit: check their hardware page for example.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
pouring one out for the WiiU
RIP the original Tablet-Home Console System
your memory will live on in the successor you brought to the world, the Switch

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it makes sense. If they are removing Wii games anyway, might as well take down the site for its add-on.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
For a failing console, Nintendo did right by the Wii U for several years; the Switch is just the correct execution of many of the Wii U's failed experiments. It's Nintendo's Dreamcast.

MPrza

Oct 30, 2017
Man, what a truly terrible console the Wii u was. I know it had some great games, but the console itself felt like an incomplete, rushed product. RIP.

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
Hope this means I'll not get wiiU discounts for my bday. It has sucked since the dawn of times.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this means the whole wiiu lib will get ported
Honestly, everyone focuses on the Wii U library, but I think the Wii library had a lot of games that deserve a second life. Pandora's Tower, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Sin & Punishment 2, The Last Story. Even some third party stuff like Fragile Dreams.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
With nearly full Wii compatibility and some clever implementations for GameCube compatibility, I'm deeply glad I own one of these things. While the Switch is obviously better I'm deeply glad that Nintendo has a console that fits nearly every major use case up to that point. And it's a great emulation box in general too.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
With nearly full Wii compatibility and some clever implementations for GameCube compatibility, I'm deeply glad I own one of these things. While the Switch is obviously better I'm deeply glad that Nintendo has a console that fits nearly every major use case up to that point. And it's a great emulation box in general too.
I'm using it for my Gamecube emulation and it's a fantastic console for retro gaming, indeed.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's only time they removed that stuff. Wii is over 12 years old now and it along with it's peripherals like the Wii U haven't been available new for a while...

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
I dont miss the wii u

ive written nintendo off for over a decade since the wii, dont even own a switch yet. Dont know if nintendo can win me back honestly.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Wii/Wiiware and DS/DSiWare makes sense since both of those storefronts are closed, but it's way too soon for the Wii U stuff to start disappearing.

Edit: Oh the games are still in the guide, misread the OP. That's fine. Makes sense for the Wii U website to disappear since those aren't being sold new in stores anymore.