• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Exactly what you just read, if you think the average costumer is well versed on any of this, well you're simply mistaken.
honest question: how old are you? because voice chat and party invites were streamlined and super easy to understand back when the xbox 360 was released. if johnny rando wanted to play halo 3 with someone, all he had to do was check his friend list and either send an invite or accept one that was sent his way

this shit was TEN YEARS AGO, with the 360 and halo 3 played by just about everyone with an internet connection. so for you to say that the average customer doesn't care about invites and voice chat after the 360 helped popularize them is so asinine that I have to assume you just weren't alive during that time

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you only read ERA, you'd think that people outside of message boards don't know how to tie their own shoes.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Came into this thread thinking it was Nintendo defending their netcode, just to discover it is treehouse? Or whatever they are called NoA employees.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
tnNU2An.png

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
You aren't living up to your tag. You need to post some incomprehensible shit about how gamers don't even know what online is

I never said gamers, the average costume isn't neccesarily a "gamer".

Being able to easily communicate with friends through electronic devices? I think you might be mistaken

The average costumer doesn't understand the similarity or differences between a console and a phone, yes that's the average costumer, the idea that they understand any of those concepts is simply wrong.

honest question: how old are you?

Really? Whatever, I don't have any horse on this other than I don't give the average costumer much credit.

Buzzard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
defending nintendo's online

in 2019

I don't think anyone is defending Nintendo's online service (In my case I even agreed at the lack of features). Just not blaming them for something that we don't specifically know is their fault or not in this case.

And we've had lots of cases like that before, case in point the "save deletion bug" that was not that at all.

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

So yeah, the lag is still in the VOD - the only thing they cut out was the interruption.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on guys only era people or enthusiast know what voice chat, invites and other 10 year old online staples are. Casual probably don't know what internet is.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The average costumer doesn't understand the similarity or differences between a console and a phone, yes that's the average costumer, the idea that they understand any of those concepts is simply wrong.

I can assure you that the average person knows how to use facebook messenger, phone txt or skype calls and thats giving you the assumption that these are people clueless about online videogames.
Instead of making it easy for inexperienced gamers to connect to each other you have to use alienating proprietary Nintendo brand software to have even a modicum of social networking in their 2019 service.

May 18, 2018
I get it, you can't argue a point like all the others that attack me instead of what I say.

Now I know that this is a videogames forum so standards are not very high among members here. But in a serious discussion none of what you are replying to me would stand. It's conjecture.

I'm not here to argue anything. I've seen your post history, I don't waste time debating facts.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate_staff#Network_System_Development
Network System Development
  • Kazuto Shimizu
  • Kojiro Taguchi
  • Noritaka Otsuka
  • Takeshi Kawasaki
  • Mizuki Fujisawa
  • Takamitsu Akita
Network Support
  • Hideki Ujiie
  • Masayasu Morimoto
  • Taichi Nakamura
  • Naoya Takahashi
Who wants to bet none of these people have ever used an American home internet connection? The problem with fighting game netcode is developers think everyone has 10GBPS fiber internet like they do in Japan.

The netcode is fine if you're on a wired connection.
Good thing the $90 dock has a conveniently placed ethernet port.

Last edited:

Buzzard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm not here to argue anything. I've seen your post history, I don't waste time debating facts.

Oh you checked my post history. You got me there mate! I didn't know that my post history spoke for each of my individual arguments, that's new!

And no need to clarify that you don't waste time debating facts, I mean, this thread is proof enough that you don't.

May 18, 2018
Oh you checked my post history. You got me there mate! I didn't know that my post history spoke for each of my individual arguments, that's new!

And no need to clarify that you don't waste time debating facts, I mean, this thread is proof enough that you don't.
ok
https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate_staff#Network_System_Development

Who wants to bet none of these people have ever used an American home internet connection?
This is funny to me because yesterday my internet went down due to randomly random randoms. Our internet is trash.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
cant believe we got a guy in here saying the average customer cant tell the difference between a console and phone 😂😂

breh no amount of laughing emojis can express how fucking dumb that statement is. good shit, yall too much

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
cant believe we got a guy in here saying the average customer cant tell the difference between a console and phone 😂😂

breh no amount of laughing emojis can express how fucking dumb that statement is. good shit, yall too much

Don't laugh, some poor person out there is holding an Xbox One X looking for the capacative touch screen on it so they can contact their mother!

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Came into this thread thinking it was Nintendo defending their netcode, just to discover it is treehouse? Or whatever they are called NoA employees.

Nah none of these guys on this stream are even NoA employees

They're smash/esports commentator

Maybe it was the producer behind the scene who told em? Lol

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Such a unnecessary thing to do lol.

Jordan Kent is still awesome though, just doing his job. Developers really need to get their netcode together, shouldn't be constantly getting outdone by fans in this area.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've still only had one problem time playing online with about 500 or so matches played

and in elite smash pretty much everyone has a good connection

my question is, isn't this more a problem with people's internet speeds than it is with nintendos servers or netcode? im guessing the sheer number of people who play and own the new game means theres bound to be a large percentage with shitty connections
Same here, over 700 online matches and maybe 10 stalled really bad. Some have a few seconds of stuttering but I noticed this more on really 'active' stages like F-Zero tracks or the Bayonetta stage

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Really? I'm not really familiar with NoA so I just assumed. If these people aren't even NoA what's this thread even about?

It's a official online tourney ran by Nintendo and they bought over known commentators in the smash community ( the girl and the guy on the right who does melee commentary) and the guy on the left is a sports play by play broadcaster in seattle iirc ( also bill trenin's friend irl)

Dunno why he went out his way to defend the lag

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, the funny thing is that some poor shmuck now has to edit all the lag out of the VODs to protect the lie.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Embarrassing. They should seriously just pay Microsoft to handle their online. They seem buddy buddy lately anyway.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I can assure you that the average person knows how to use facebook messenger, phone txt or skype calls and thats giving you the assumption that these are people clueless about online videogames.
Instead of making it easy for inexperienced gamers to connect to each other you have to use alienating proprietary Nintendo brand software to have even a modicum of social networking in their 2019 service.

I agree that it isn't easy and cumbersome as hell, I don't think any of this is good at all, but again what I'm saying is that the average costumer doesn't put that much weight into that as people here claims, unless you don't realize that there's people who plays things like Candy Crush and doesn't understand they're playing a video game.

Don't laugh, some poor person out there is holding an Xbox One X looking for the capacative touch screen on it so they can contact their mother!

Too bad morons who pretend to lack reading comprehension. don't make me laugh! Otheriwse I'd be laughing too thanks to both of you.

Last edited: