• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It's really weird to watch, and gets even longer (just click "full video for more context" and seeing the game lag again after that):

"the players aren't seeing this lag" is a weird defense when it's online.

edit: note that those are the qualifiers. The finals will be at PAX, not online.
edit 2:

edit 3:

So yeah, the lag is still in the VOD - the only thing they cut out was the interruption.

Last edited:

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
lmaooooooo, I thought this was gonna be an exaggeration but holy SHIT

Samb

Oct 28, 2017
WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif

Nothing to see here, folks. This is normal and totally not how playing SSBU online feels like!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
It would have been better for them to say nothing, why try and pretend that tourney Smash players can't notice the latency? Such a weird hill to die on when it's completely obvious.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would've just put the blame on Twitch or maybe not even noticed it since I'm not actually playing the game. The fact that he kinda points it out feels like the wrong move IMO.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It would have been better for them to say nothing, why try and pretend that tourney Smash players can't notice the latency? Such a weird hill to die on when it's completely obvious.
I think I would've just put the blame on Twitch or maybe not even noticed it since I'm not actually playing the game. The fact that he kinda points it out feels like the wrong move IMO.
Yeah, acting like nothing was happening would have been better than cutting in the middle of a match.
Wait until the match is over at least.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Smash having bad online is the only reason I don't play it anymore, I'd be so into it if I could actually play with people. It's absolutely unnecessary for them to defend a bad service.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Probably not the best time to defend the online if it isn't exactly meeting expectations...

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So how will they remove it from the VOD? Will it be 'replay data'? Or are they speaking the truth? Or a blatant lie?

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even comprehend who thought interrupting the middle of the final round of a best of three match with multiple minutes of thumb-twiddling netcode defense was a good idea. Like it's not a big deal in the big scheme of things in the world but it's just like...a human being actually made this decision?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
First time I see some bullshit like this, and god knows we already had laggy online tournaments before in other Fighters. But at least they had the decency to shut up.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Sure they can defend themselves but why do it in the middle of a match? that just makes it look so bad

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah online is worse in this than smash u. I still love the game but online is really a drag. I'm on a wired connection and still get inputs being ate or delays.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck right off Nintendo, Smash's netcode is an embarrassment compared to almost any fighting game out there.