• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Man, they are sooo gonna patch the whole national dex in. Else this will turn into a pr disaster of epic proportions that will ruin Gamefreak, Nintenendo and probably the whole country of Japan itself.
They're not. And it won't

Contrary to what some loud pokemon fans believe it's not a simple drag and drop to bring back from one game to another. It's just not realistic to support hundreds of pokemon with every entry. They're just going to have to live with it or move onto something else.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Really bad look from Nintendo here. How do they think it makes the fans who pre ordered this game feel? Let me tell you, if makes them nervous cause I'm one of them and I'm feeling concerned purely because of this.

They should have stuck with their policy and have confidence in their game.

What am I reading?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Which games have been *openly* allowed to be cancelled? Its been Overwatch and now Pokemon? Both recent games could it be a recent Policy change.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm laughing so much at the new levels of absurdity with posts on this forum. Someone in this thread saying Nintendo shouldn't have done this and have confidence in their product.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the fact we had like 3 games in just these past months that have gotten easy refund I'm starting to think this might be new policy especially for pre loads. I mean why not allow the refund to go through at this point when there's no possible way the consumer has been able to play the game and cheat out the payment.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Can we ban Nintendosoup already? They are just trolling people and enabling people who love to harass others online.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In theory, couldn't you make an infinite amount of accounts, pre-order and cancel the game in each one, and then reap in the quick balls?

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Nintendo Soup is such a bad tabloid site.

Man, they are sooo gonna patch the whole national dex in. Else this will turn into a pr disaster of epic proportions that will ruin Gamefreak, Nintenendo and probably the whole country of Japan itself.

There is some bad sarcasm on these threads but it's kind of funny that people somehow are falling on this.

Nice one Eresh.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any pre-order should be allowed to be canceled so... I won't applaud what should already be a given.

To me. This is Nintendo avoiding any bad PR just like Overwatch or FE: Toyko Mirage Sessions. They want to avoid making statements and want to avoid conflict that might be redirected back at them.

This is just a company that has no say in the matter making a PR move to avoid conflict. Nothing to see here.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
This isn't a shock, Nintendo gives every account a single exception to their no refunds policy. I saw people say they called and got a refund for Three Houses back when the awful gay rep leaked.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cancelled a first party digital pre-order before.

This has nothing to do with Dexit my god how are some of you falling for this nonsense lol.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Nintendo have control over GameFreak incompetence.
Masuda has said the decision to cut the Pokedex was made WITH Nintendo so please stop pushing this.

They have gone on record that Game Freak, TPC, and Nintendo got together and made the decision together before the decision to limit the Pokedex was made.

Being disappointing by this is normal and fine but people you don't have to jump to debunked conspiracy theories.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Don't you usually get one digital pre-order cancellation? I remember that being mentioned when we were talking about Overwatch Switch.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's a TPCi issue, not Gamefreak specifically. They're just a dev. They're not necessarily in charge of PR. Also didn't this happen with Overwatch?

Maybe...Nintendo just allows you to cancel any preorder if you ask now...

TPCI doesn't distribute/publish the games outside Japan, everywhere else they're Nintendo. TPCi only does non-mainline games for the most part or things not on Nintendo platforms.

Again the exception being Japan where TPCi does the publishing there.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
Masuda has said the decision to cut the Pokedex was made WITH Nintendo so please stop pushing this.

They have gone on record that Game Freak, TPC, and Nintendo got together and made the decision together before the decision to limit the Pokedex was made.

Being disappointing by this is normal and fine but people you don't have to jump to debunked conspiracy theories.

Exactly.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...res-and-leek-size-of-pokemon-sword-and-shield

XnjCPyM.jpg

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I would have never guessed that the first home console version of the mainline Pokemon games would end up like this.

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
The fact that most of these consoles don't allow more than one refund/cancel of pre-orders is disgusting anyway so I doubt this is policy change. Most likely just this persons one cancel in effect.

Then again, wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those special cases since they're selling a $60 DS game.