• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that most of these consoles don't allow more than one refund/cancel of pre-orders is disgusting anyway so I doubt this is policy change. Most likely just this persons one cancel in effect.

Then again, wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those special cases since they're selling a $60 DS game.
Did you type all that just to say something stupid as your last sentence?

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
They let me cancel Luigi's Mansion 3 digital when I decided to get it physical and see if it let me.

guess Nintendo thought LM3 sucked too
That's because LM3 didn't have all the portrait ghosts from the previous games in the series, which they (rightly) recognized as a dire betrayal of long time Luigi fans.

KcebAnier

Oct 29, 2017
lol Is this seriously a Pokemon is Doomed thread?

Anyone who thinks Pokemon Sword and Shield are not selling 10+ million units is delusional.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More postgame facilities, more Pokémon, legendary Pokémon dungeons/mini quests, GTS, National Dex, Elite 4 🤔

I'd say on an objective level it has more things to do in it but let's see if raids can compensate for that
By all reports the elite 4 replacement in this is a lot more content than the old method though?

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Doubt anyone thinks the games won't sell well. These games are always gonna sell well. These games could have 20 pokemon, 2 gyms and 0 post game and it'll sell well.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
TPCI doesn't distribute/publish the games outside Japan, everywhere else they're Nintendo. TPCi only does non-mainline games for the most part or things not on Nintendo platforms.

Again the exception being Japan where TPCi does the publishing there.

The Pokémon Company is first-party of Nintendo, so, it doesn't matter who publishes.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/events/101029/05.html

dMbQ9AZ.jpg

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/en/outline/index.html

ynVBEil.jpg

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
All preorders should be cancellable. Is there any reason to think this isn't the case on the Switch eshop?

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I don't really agree but either way, it's hard to say SwSh has more content than the DS games. Specially when we're talking about HGSS or BW2
I will absolutely agree it doesn't have more content than those games.
I will also say it's easier to take a base and add more content to it, as was the case with both of those examples.
If Steel Sword and Iron Shield don't have as much content added as B2/W2, we would have an analog to truly call Game Freak out.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I got a refund for Mario Maker when they announced no playing with friends. I think it's normal for them to give each person one freebie -- they warn that they won't offer another refund.

No reason to pre order digital until like a day or two before release.

All preorders should be cancellable. Is there any reason to think this isn't the case on the Switch eshop?

eshop policy is no refunds/canceled pre orders, but they make exceptions.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Breath of the wild had less dungeons and enemy variety than ocarina of Time so I guess I bought $60 n64 game

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
lol Is this seriously a Pokemon is Doomed thread?

Anyone who thinks Pokemon Sword and Shield are not selling 10+ million units is delusional.
For real. There's legit criticism to be had, but framing it as "do this or Pokemon is doomed!!!" when it's a series that consistently sells amazingly is very dumb.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How is this being spun into bad news? Allowing cancelling of digital preorders should be applauded.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
How the fuck is holding money hostage on an undelivered product even legal in the first place? Like seriously WTF is wrong with people, we're making topics and news stories about Nintendo giving people money back for a product they never even delivered. Why would you continue giving this company money, especially digitally...or any company with these kind of policies? Grow a spine.

Last edited:

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
Raids, camps, a systemic wild area, an actual Pokemon League, multiple forms per Pokemon, new battle mechanics, new team building mechanics?
multiples forms per pokemon has been there forever. what do you mean by actual pokemon league and team building mechanics?

As for battle mechanic they removed mega-evolution and z-moves for dynamax ... you lost two mechanics for one new.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I paid 60$ for LM3 and it's not scary as the previous cheaper games. Should I ask for a refund although I'm enjoying it greatly? I don't want to be a sucker.

Oct 29, 2017
This is the reality of HD development. Game Freak should never have made Let's Go and should've just put everyone on Sword/Shield to begin with to ensure that it was more of a complete game, but this is the sacrifice you have to make with HD visuals. No matter what, there was no way they could've ever had made a HD Pokemon game on the same scale as the previous titles.

But even with less than half the Pokemon roster, half the series standard features cut, no post game and half the towns and gyms missing, Sword/Shield will still be more of a complete RPG experience than just about every other JRPG ever made within the HD era (throwback games like Octopath Traveller withstanding of course).

Actually, the expansion pack was included for free :^)

No it wasn't. DK64 was the only game that ever had the Expansion Pak bundled with it (and that was only done because of a game breaking bug that would happen without it; so rather than delay the game and miss the Xmas window, they deactivated the standard 4MB RAM mode, forced an Expansion Pak requirement and packed it in with the console).

No other N64 game ever came bundled with the Expansion Pak.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
This is the reality of HD development. Game Freak should never have made Let's Go and should've just put everyone on Sword/Shield to begin with to ensure that it was more of a complete game, but this is the sacrifice you have to make with HD visuals. No matter what, there was no way they could've ever had made a HD Pokemon game on the same scale as the previous titles.

But even with less than half the Pokemon roster, half the series standard features cut, no post game and half the towns and gyms missing, Sword/Shield will still be more of a complete RPG experience than just about every other JRPG ever made within the HD era (throwback games like Octopath Traveller withstanding of course).

No it wasn't. DK64 was the only game that ever had the Expansion Pak bundled with it (and that was only done because of a game breaking bug that would happen without it; so rather than delay the game and miss the Xmas window, they deactivated the standard 4MB RAM mode, forced an Expansion Pak requirement and packed it in with the console).

No other N64 game ever came bundled with the Expansion Pak.

Oh man, you americans got shafted then. It came with the pack here in Brazil. Didn't know it didn't over there

images

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I'm disappointed with what I have heard about the game so far through the comprehensive leak, but I'm not going to cancel my pre-order because there is no other game coming out that I will use the discount ticket on. I bought too many (four total) when I had more free time, so I still have two more.