• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
So the exhibitor's list for Tokyo Game Show has been uploaded today and it has been revealed that Nintendo is finally attending TGS this year for the first time since the Wii days. (From what I can found they haven't really have any presence in TGS for more than 10 years)

source
nintendotgs.PNG

However, as you can see above from the image above, they are not setting up booth or anything but rather only having business meetings with appointment(s) in advance.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They always have a fall conference or event around that time anyways...it's not like this would change alot.

Can't wait to see SMT V footage .....

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting.. Perhaps Nintendo is trying to entice attending publishers and developers to develop future titles for the Switch?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Probably indicates a more focused approach to making relationships with third parties -- and a great way to interact with that Japanese indie talent.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Basically, "we don't have game to show but we want to talk to devs so that they can make game for us".

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
I've been going to TGS for the past few years and always wished Nintendo would be a part of the show. Nintendo never really takes part in exhibit shows in Japan. The last I can remember is their own Nintendo Switch showcase before the system was launched (it was awesome). Come on Nintendo, give me an opportunity to play Smash.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Basically, "we don't have game to show but we want to talk to devs so that they can make game for us".

Really weak try. We all know that Nintendo has been releasing Directs with new game announcements around TGS for many years now, despite not attending. That they'll be there to reach more potential business partners is only a good thing.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a business deal for you, Nintendo: show me a Bayonetta 3 trailer and... well, I'll buy the game, I guess. Let me know your counteroffer.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Basically sounds like they want to have discussions with third parties.

"Hey you guys do know this handheld is selling really well in Japan and overseas right? ... wanna start making games for it?"

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're gonna lead Tsujimoto into that room, where they'll see Furukawa sitting, all by himself.

"You cut a side-deal with those motherfuckers, didn't you? Yes you did. Yes you did. Fucking Sony. My unprecedented partnership. Was it this... Asia exclusivity you've been sucking on? Huh? Was it? Now I see how you let those motherfuckers infiltrate. They used you! Whatever happened to 'am I supporting your platform?'"

"You know what happened to it. 'Perfect for the Switch' Remember that? 'Perfect for the Switch' Everything is perfect for the Switch. EVERYTHING! Even my old ports and rom dumps!"

"Is this what this is about? Those fucking games? You think I give a fuck about those games? FUCK YOUR OLD GAMES! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM!"

"Man, it ain't about them. It's about us. I loved you, man. Nintendo... you embarrass me man! In front of all those third parties. Treating me like I can't make any AAA games. We built this shit! YOU DIDN'T DO THIS SHIT BY YOURSELF! You forgot about me, your partner."

"What has this done to us, Cac? Huh? Street Fighter? Expensive. Resident Evil? No retail release. Monster Hunter? Late."

"Let's make it like it was. We used to be business partners. Let's make it like it was, man. You and me. Fuck them late localizations, distribution deals and cartridge prices, man. All that shit, man. FUCK THAT SHIT MAN! Let's do us, man, me and you, let's be business partners again."

"I'm selling 20 million Switches this fiscal year, Cac. I can never go back to the way it was. But... I'll tell you how you can make it right."

"Capcom Five! Capcom Five!"

tumblr_lviik5fuTw1r5j928o1_1280.jpg

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're gonna lead Tsujimoto into that room, where they'll see Furukawa sitting, all by himself.

"You cut a side-deal with those motherfuckers, didn't you? Yes you did. Yes you did. Fucking Sony. My unprecedented partnership. Was it this... Asia exclusivity you've been sucking on? Huh? Was it? Now I see how you let those motherfuckers infiltrate. They used you! Whatever happened to 'am I supporting your platform?'"

"You know what happened to it. 'Perfect for the Switch' Remember that? 'Perfect for the Switch' Everything is perfect for the Switch. EVERYTHING! Even my old ports and rom dumps!"

"Is this what this is about? Those fucking games? You think I give a fuck about those games? FUCK YOUR OLD GAMES! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM!"

"Man, it ain't about them. It's about us. I loved you, man. Nintendo... you embarrass me man! In front of all those third parties. Treating me like I can't make any AAA games. We built this shit! YOU DIDN'T DO THIS SHIT BY YOURSELF! You forgot about me, your partner."

"What has this done to us, Cac? Huh? Street Fighter? Expensive. Resident Evil? No retail release. Monster Hunter? Late."

"Let's make it like it was. We used to be business partners. Let's make it like it was, man. You and me. Fuck them late localizations, distribution deals and cartridge prices, man. All that shit, man. FUCK THAT SHIT MAN! Let's do us, man, me and you, let's be business partners again."

"I'm selling 20 million Switches this fiscal year, Cac. I can never go back to the way it was. But... I'll tell you how you can make it right."

Oh my god lmao.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit this made my day lol.

I literally can imagine this lmao.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really weak try. We all know that Nintendo has been releasing Directs with new game announcements around TGS for many years now, despite not attending. That they'll be there to reach more potential business partners is only a good thing.
I for one, am prepared for another 30 minutes direct on Smash. They haven't introduced every music track in the game.

On a more serious note, I highly doubt anything significant will come out of the September direct. Nintendo's big holiday game is already settled, it's still a bit early to talk about 2019 yet.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why does Nintendo not attend TGS? Isn't it a fairly big event? They have no problem attending small conventions in the West but they don't attend this? Weird

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Probably looking for publishing more mobile games, like they announced already. Isn't the tgs full of those these days?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Business meetings is good. Maybe we'll see some third party stuff out of this.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is not "nothing".

Trade shows have a ton of devs in one place, so it's a prime place for Nintendo to meet devs they haven't met before regarding the Switch.

Hopefully they can get some Vanillaware on the Switch. Would love a new game and ports of Muramasa and Odin's Sphere.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not nothing. For TGS and us looking at the event don't mean too much but a business encounter obviously mean that some Nintendo representative is talking to third parties about partnerships, seeing projects that can be on the console and many other things in those reunions.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Nintendo is doing this. Their recently isolationist position toward local shows under financial excuses wasn't really helpful to foster third-party relationship and promote their games to a wider audience.

Please, bring Spaceworld back.