• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Could it be that this will be a silent revision? Maybe it won't be announced but it will just replace the current SKU.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
BTW the new model will still require an ethernet adapter.
VtC4fhd.jpg

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a twist.

If the media misunderstood and the Pro ends up not existing, just being an OG revision with a new SoC but downgraded to match the OG specs... talk about disappointment.

I'll still hold up hope for a Pro next year, but I'm not as sure anymore.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo, just sell me an "only tablet" SKU when the new revision releases and I'm in, I dont need a second dock or a new pairs of JoyCons (for now).

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all surprised. The big question I had coming out of the Lite announcement was when we'd see the new silicon in the main Switch. Unless the Bluetooth connection for the joycons really took up that much energy, I didn't see anything in the Lite that would intrinsically lead to better battery life out of a smaller battery than the original Switch.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Makes sense to me. This'll likely let them make just one SOC for both systems, and the Tegra had to be moved to a modern fabrication sooner or later.

I don't think there's a need for a Pro. Just work on enhancing what we've got, and make the power-leap of Switch 2 seem bigger.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Could it be that this will be a silent revision? Maybe it won't be announced but it will just replace the current SKU.

That's what I'd expect. It's going to be like countless console revisions where you won't be able to tell the difference unless you know exactly what to look for.

Edit: Apart possibly from the new colors, as Emily noted.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo will quietly release this on the market. This will replace Switch we have now.
Switch "Pro" will release next year alongside BOTW sequel.

Oct 26, 2017
It might be worth noting that the confidential part of their FCC filing expires in December or January, but maybe that can be extended if necessary.

Could be a '64GB edition' perhaps. Assuming the model number is final then I guess it'll look identical externally.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm guessing this is simply Nintendo's efforts to get around the flaw in the original hardware that allowed for exploits. I don't see it being anything more than that.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
That's what I'd expect. It's going to be like countless console revisions where you won't be able to tell the difference unless you know exactly what to look for.
Maybe they will just announce the new colours Emily is referring to (if one of them was red, I could be tempted...), if the specs are basically the same

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's not a straight replacement of the OG switch as in the outside is not changed at all and it uses the exact same screen, screen size, and same bezel

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if a pro release was imminent in the next year or so, this would be completely unnecessary unless they intend to stick three distinct SKUs...so maybe there is no pro model.

MXT

Banned
May 13, 2019
So does this mean there is no Pro model coming?

Apparently not this year, but Nintendo has lied about future console announcements in the past (DS Lite, a few days prior to announcement).

I take WSJ over Nintendo, but the worst case scenario is we get a new console next year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So does this mean there is no Pro model coming?
Apparently that's what people in this topic are saying now. After reading countless post in the other topic of people discussing a Switch Pro coming, now I have to believe it never existed (or what we thought Switch Pro could be). No external changes??

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I was thinking of re-getting a regular Switch, but if there's an update I'll def get that instead...

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently not this year, but Nintendo has lied about future console announcements in the past (DS Lite, a few days prior to announcement).

I take WSJ over Nintendo, but the worst case scenario is we get a new console next year.
WSJ never called it a Pro, they said it had 'enhancements for avid gamers'. One of which is probably more internal storage.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like if a pro release was imminent in the next year or so, this would be completely unnecessary unless they intend to stick three distinct SKUs...so maybe there is no pro model.
How many SKUs did they have for the 3ds? A lot more than three.

I could see a Pro model releasing in a year to keep the Switch momentum going, especially with the next gen consoles stealing their steam.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently that's what people in this topic are saying now. After reading countless post in the other topic of people discussing a Switch Pro coming, now I have to believe it never existed (or what we thought Switch Pro could be). No external changes??
The original report always talked about enhancements to the system, it was never specific, it never mentioned a Pro model nor external changes. This is the Pro model.