• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo if I go to gamestop right now to pick up the OW box copy on switch, should I be concerned I can't download it? Likely not right?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
When you try to buy it (US):

HyFrv2b.png

Don't recall ever encountering this before. I purchased Tales of Vesperia just a few hours ago.
Worked totally fine here in the UK

data

Oct 25, 2017
It would not be fans, and honestly it would not be protesters acting in good faith. The ones that they have to worry about are the ones using this to get meme footage and try to create "moments" to spread all over the internet.

That's true, but there will always be people trying to catch that moment. If that's their excuse now, then it might never end if they are constantly in the news cycle. Hell blizzcon is right around the corner

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can confirm in Australia it is up on News section but buried very far down, is also in New Release for eShop. It is also available for purchase at $69.95 AUD. Bugger that.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has always tried their hardest to steer clear of any sort of political drama so it makes sense they don't even want to be associated with Blizzard's mess. I'm sure they've already realized if they were to put out tweets promoting Overwatch on switch the comments would be full of "fuck blizzard, free hong kong" and some people would interpret it as them supporting Blizzard.

May 15, 2019
Nintendo will do refunds if you call their customer support line. I got the Genesis Collection refunded because the input lag made it unplayable, got the full amount out back on my card.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised about this.

Blizzard is done.
Done? Done in what way? I played Overwatch last night and there were plenty of people on it. I had no issues finding a game. If every single person on Era never bought/played another Blizzard game, it would be a very small percentage of Blizzard's overall customer base and would barely affect them.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Done? Done in what way? I played Overwatch last night and there were plenty of people on it. I had no issues finding a game. If every single person on Era never bought/played another Blizzard game, it would be a very small percentage of Blizzard's overall customer base and would barely affect them.
Not that I think Blizzard is "done" or anything, but it's not just people on era making noise.

OP
OP
Error 52

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
People are really trying to make this to be a bigger situation than it is. Blizzard probably knows that their name is toxic right now and doesn't want to do too much to stain Overwatch on Switch, and Nintendo knows better than to wade into this mess as they'll lose for making any sort of commentary on the matter. If people think for a second that Nintendo, the company desperately trying to get a strong foothold in China, is going to even consider pulling the game in "protest" or even as just a reaction to recent events, you're kidding yourself.

Hell, Nintendo is one of the companies I consider the most likely to pull a similar stunt, just not such a publicly stupid one like Blizzard (I.E. Implicit support of China's government via the choice to keep commentary as far removed from Honk Kong and politics in general).
I don't think Nintendo's doing it out of some sense of heroism, but them actively trying to ignore a game they've been promoting heavily up until now is certainly, uh, notable.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
RE: People not being able to buy overwatch, yesterday there were actually 2 listing on the eshop, Legendary edition which for some reason you coudlnt buy, and a regular listing for $40. It may be the same here? as those screens show the legendary edition not having the buy button

Edit: Yeah the us eshop has 3 listing for overwatch, for some reason. one of them doenst say bundle. The web page might have the wrong version listed and is hiding the other 2

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
The internet in my area just went down when I tried to launch the game, which can only mean that they are boycotting Blizzard too and in no way could have any other cause.

woUiofhr.png

(this really did just happen, I'm bored as hell, please help)

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
US here, Overwatch is present and accounted for in News section on my switch. 3rd in line on the top "Featured" row.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, now it show up on news, someone from nintendo read this thread and though "oh shit i forgot to put the thing online"

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
So Nintendo will react to this but not that racist stuff in Smash Bros? Fuck off...
Nintendo reacted immediately to the stuff in Smash that was demonstrably racist. The stuff they did not react to was, while unfortunate in terms of how it could be construed, probably a series of misplaced and very specific coincidences.
This is not the topic for that anyway.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
The internet in my area just went down when I tried to launch the game, which can only mean that they are boycotting Blizzard too and in no way could have any other cause.

woUiofhr.png

(this really did just happen, I'm bored as hell, please help)
Weird, what's the first digits in your Post Code? My Virgin Media conked out last night around the same time - called CS to complain this morning and they ended up trying to charge me more because I dare mention that sometimes I work from home :/

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
My friend returned his copy, as models were popping into the game (and will move around as T-Poses on occasion) while also running less than optimal.

Really, outside of the portable aspect, you should otherwise not pick up the Switch version of the game.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep my eye on this game, might remove it from the story for now depending on how the story develops.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Weird, what's the first digits in your Post Code? My Virgin Media conked out last night around the same time - called CS to complain this morning and they ended up trying to charge me more because I dare mention that sometimes I work from home :/
SA11 - mine was fine last night iirc though. I need to call myself at some point mind, connection feels like it's been sluggish for the last week, not a ton of great options down my way mind.

Deleted member 36557

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
My friend returned his copy, as models were popping into the game (and will move around as T-Poses on occasion) while also running less than optimal.

Really, outside of the portable aspect, you should otherwise not pick up the Switch version of the game.
I've played for about five hours and have not encountered any of that.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Overwatch is right at the top of my news section, second icon from the left. I'm not buying it, but I'm not buying that Nintendo is trying to bury it either. It's more their style to do what they do and say absolutely nothing about it.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I watched harbleu play the Switch version yesterday, and between the T-posing, model pop-in, occasional collision bugs, and rotten framerate, I can see why Nintendo is offering refunds.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Wait...wait....some people think this is something being done in solidarity with Hong Kong? Seriously?
You do know that Nintendo is partnering with Tencent to launch the Switch in China....

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
Nintendo is not trying to bury anything they just werent promoting it on Twitter probably because of the bad PR, its had ads on the console all day. The unable to buy it on the website was probably something wrong with the link.

I think people are trying to read more into this than there is unfortunately

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Nintendo of America hasn't posted anything about Little Town Hero either, so I think this is just a coincidence.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Nintendo is not trying to bury anything they just werent promoting it on Twitter probably because of the bad PR, its had ads on the console all day. The unable to buy it on the website was probably something wrong with the link.

I think people are trying to read more into this than there is unfortunately

You can not buy the game anymore on the eShop, at least in many countries. Just checked in german eShop. The text reads "Dieser Inhalt ist nicht mehr im Nintendo eShop erhältlich." (This content is no longer available in Nintendo eShop)

This is not a broken link, the game was intentionally removed from the eShop.

There is definitely something going on, with this game.

Last edited:

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't 100% related to the HK issue and indeed Nintendo decided to pull the plug after refunding a ton of people because the game runs like absolute ass.

Edit: accesing the Nintendo Spain website's product page, you get a message that "the content is no longer on Nintendo eShop"

Edit 2: going to the eShop inside the console, it also says on the Legendary edition that "it's not on sale"

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
He played around 18 hours or so, and he noticed the game struggled to load the game models. Especially when viewing highlights or when you boot up the game.

that happens to me on pc too, i thought that's just how overwatch is, its always been funny when the game shows a highlight and the models only show up on the last second

Status
Not open for further replies.