• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Platform holder promotions for high profile third party games (really, for all games to an extent) are implicit, and right now, Nintendo doesn't seem to be following through on that.
I have to imagine that Blizzard would be understanding that the platform holder doesn't want an association with their scandal.

I just gotta go with Occam's razor here, they're still willing to sell the game on the platform and take a cut, so it's not so much 'good guy Nintendo' as much as it is 'keeping their head down until the scandal blows over Nintendo', especially since they're working on growing their own presence in China already.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo bought bus ads for Overwatch Switch in Sydney, Australia so they haven't completely avoided promoting it.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
U.S.

No Overwatch

image2.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the eShop.

On the Recent Releases section, you have to scroll down to see Overwatch - It's not on the top page.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
My bad I can.
But it does not appear in the recent release section, not on the top page atleast

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Don't confuse this with Nintendo supporting HK. They just want to remain neutral. They are still partnered with Tencent for Switch release in China. Remaining under the radar is their best *business* move. It is still all about the money. So let's stop with the good guy Nintendo posts. No corporation has a soul or conscience.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The initial announcement is in the news section, but nothing since. Also, Witcher 3 is on the best sellers on eshop list, Overwatch is not...

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, kudos to Nintendo if this is over HK, but wouldn't it be more likely there's something wrong with the game? I can't imagine just straight up pulling it otherwise.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I searched overwatch on the research bar, there were 2 listings and got confused. One of them is purchasable, not the other.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Nintendo.co.uk

sPPi9kq.png

Nintendo.com

4Riw8yq.png

Y'all reachin' with all of the Switch Overwatch stuff so damn hard. The one thing I'd give you would be the cancelling of the event, which honestly makes total sense because it would have been a shitty time for the Blizzard staf/Nintendo staff in store, who most likely do not agree with what has happened and most certainly had no say in how it played out, but would get endless abuse from people all the same.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yep. Followed the links from the https://www.nintendo.com homepage and received error code 9001-1630 when going to the purchase confirmation screen.

Either Nintendo isn't playing or this an ill-timed coincidence.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The initial announcement is in the news section, but nothing since. Also, Witcher 3 is on the best sellers on eshop list, Overwatch is not...

That's because Overwatch is counted as a bundle, since it includes 3 months of nintendo switch online.
Bundled games don't show up on the best sellers list

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Don't confuse this with Nintendo supporting HK. They just want to remain neutral. They are still partnered with Tencent for Switch release in China. Remaining under the radar is their best *business* move. It is still all about the money. So let's stop with the good guy Nintendo posts. No corporation has a soul or conscience.
The problem is not to partner with Chinese companies, the problem is when it compromises core values and moral principles.

It is not the case here so thats good.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I doubt Nintendo is doing this for any other reason other than avoiding any controversy

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch is on the Italian eShop, but the Italian Nintendo website does state that it's not "available" for purchase...in spite of the giant banner for it on the Italian homepage

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely a story. Nintendo dropped Overwatch like a hot potato in terms of promotion.
Nah - people are just trying to convince themselves that Nintendo had some big as promotion plan for thé Overwatch release.

TW3 was always the more important release and Luigi's Mansion 3 is releasing soon.

Makes sense that they don't want promote Blizzard content right now...but I don't think they had alot planned anyway.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Likelier that TW3 is just selling better, no?

Though neither is on my bestsellers list.
Yeah, that's what I was going for. But given Overwatch is a download even with the physical release, and that it's cheaper, compared to the Witcher which is a very large download digitally and comes with extra freebies physically, meaning it should be skewed more physical, well Overwatch should have been comfortably ahead of it.

Edit: never mind, apparently Overwatch is considered a bundle and doesn't appear on the best sellers list because of that.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I do n it want to disrupt the narrative you all are working so hard on, but I just went to the switch store on my phone and Overwatch Legendary is the first thing that shows

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Nah - people are just trying to convince themselves that Nintendo had some big as promotion plan for thé Overwatch release.

TW3 was always the more important release and Luigi's Mansion 3 is releasing soon.

Makes sense that they don't want promote Blizzard content right now...but I don't think they had alot planned anyway.
Overwatch was definitely planned to be the bigger push from Nintendo. It had the headlining spot in the Nintendo Direct, Nintendo partnered with Blizzard in the past for Switch hardware bundles, and TW3 promotion from Nintendo has been muted and minimal.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo isn't relevant in China so they have nothing to lose, I wish all companies that are irrelevant in China did the same

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand these posts remotely even think a company would care about HK in any way

Status
Not open for further replies.