• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna see some incredible stuff in the coming weeks. This is kind of reminding me of the crazy stuff people did with redstone in Minecraft, except in real life this time.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Simple as it is, this is my favorite so far.

The fact that it can recognize two cards going in at the same time is seriously impressive.

It could be cool to make a similar game where you have multiple IR cameras around a bullseye and each camera causes the Switch to make a distinct noise when it senses the thrown card/object, the noises getting higher in pitch as you get closer to the bullseye. So that you can blindfold yourself and try to get closer and closer to the bullseye with each throw.

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
Well, that didn't take long at all; but this is what I was looking forward to from the Labo, not what Nintendo does with it, but the crazy creative things other folks will concoct.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
We're gonna see some incredible stuff in the coming weeks. This is kind of reminding me of the crazy stuff people did with redstone in Minecraft, except in real life this time.

It's a game changer, imo.

You can literally find endless ways to entertain yourself with something like this. The value of Labo is only going to increase over time.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
These Hacks/projects are exactly what I expected to happen, whilst Labo is not for me as I am not a creative person.

I still urge you to Create folks, it is good for the mind whether it's with Labo or anything in life, art and creation is important.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo needs to double down on the creativity options for fucking everything they make at this point. Level/map editors, character editors, etc. More of this programming stuff. After Mario Maker, I'm surprised they haven't been trying to do that sort of thing for every applicable game in their stable.

Clix

Banned
Nintendo needs to double down on the creativity options for fucking everything they make at this point. Level/map editors, character editors, etc. More of this programming stuff. After Mario Maker, I'm surprised they haven't been trying to do that sort of thing for every applicable game in their stable.

I'd be about that. I would love with the next Mario Maker they not only expand on the base they gave us, but also include an advanced mode that would let kids with an interest in game development tinker with the AI and some more in depth visual programming. Maybe add a mode that explores Nintendo created levels and teaches the fundementals of level design while you play or explore the level.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
These are not very sophisticated TC. I thought this thread would make me want Labo even more. A sophisticated creation would be interesting. What these videos show is very rudimentary and not interesting at all. I'm actually less interested in Labo now.

Feb 22, 2018
Does the Switch have to be docked into the cardboard for the piano stuff to work? Would be nice to hear some of that stuff not coming through a microphone, out of the switch's speakers. (although I suppose even if it does have to be in the cardboard, someone could still use the headphone jack)

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Switch have to be docked into the cardboard for the piano stuff to work? Would be nice to hear some of that stuff not coming through a microphone, out of the switch's speakers. (although I suppose even if it does have to be in the cardboard, someone could still use the headphone jack)
No. Most of the interaction is through the joycon sensor. You can keep it docked by that sort of defeats the purpose.

Deleted member 21094

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The link op has to the full song of "welcome to japari park" does that. It's actually outputting on his computer monitor and speaker so you can do that

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I need to start dabbling with the custom stuff. Doubt I can make anything half as cool as some of the stuff in this thread.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are not very sophisticated TC. I thought this thread would make me want Labo even more. A sophisticated creation would be interesting. What these videos show is very rudimentary and not interesting at all. I'm actually less interested in Labo now.

...it's only been out for two days now.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Calm down, it's been only a few days yet

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Expected, but still glad to see all this realized. Hope sales are good.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017

Labo posts are unreal. This stuff is the tip of the iceberg

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Sophistication is relative. Show these creations to a caveman and they'd think you were a god.

At any rate, it's a far cry from '$70 cardboard'.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see you do better. Even the super simple projects like the meteor shower display and the IdolM@ster chant require a level of time, patience, design that I'm marveling at for a product that literally came out a day ago.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While i am marvelling for all these creativity and certainly going to buy Labo upcoming soon.....i am sad that i don't think i have the skill or any spec of creativity like most of those guys creation hiks.T_T