• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I like the hat trick counting the cards. Makes me think of the Pop a Shot basketball arcade games. In fact I bet you could make one using Labo and some construction materials.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The silhouette-princess & stars is my favourite thus far. Music ones aren't really doing much for me either.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like so much fun to mess around with, reminds me of learning to code with basic back in the day, but with added tactile elements. If/when I pick one of these sets up this will be a big part of how I play it

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
We ordered one of these for my daughter but we've been so busy we haven't even opened the Amazon box it came in...

Maybe we should do that tomorrow.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The creativity's only beginning.

The possibilities are fuckin sky high and the internet's going to eat this up like nothing else.

Expecting this topic to be a mainstay here for a very long time.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I'll be waiting for the day someone uses multiple labo creations to make an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine.

But the small scale stuff is good for now.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
How long before someone does Steamed Hams but with Nintendo Labo?

But I'm really liking what's been done so far. I like the more simple stuff like the cards in the hat trick.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok Labo is going to be pretty awesome. Hope it sells well. This thread is convincing me to buy it at some point.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty impressive for two days worth of tweaking.

I wonder how far you can push the programming language in this - I'm already expecting some DIYers with 3D printers to go extra nuts once they've tired of the cardboard.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
While i am marvelling for all these creativity and certainly going to buy Labo upcoming soon.....i am sad that i don't think i have the skill or any spec of creativity like most of those guys creation hiks.T_T

Nah, it's pretty easy to pick and learn.

Even The Verge reporter was able to make complex logic for the electric guitar.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really cool seeing what people can come up with--it's like a highly evolved Petit Computer :0

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Has this been posted yet? Does "skeleton crotch with HDrumble" count?

Brian Gilbert is such a good Polygon boy

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Out of curiosity, what were you expecting less than two days out of the gate? Most people are just understanding how this works or are trying out the actual cardboard it came with.
Not much until I saw a thread title bragging "sophisticated creations". It usually doesn't take long for users to come up with impressive stuff if LBP or Mario Maker are anything to go by. I hope Labo really gets actual sophisticated creations to check out not this simpleton stuff.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been waiting for this thread. Imagining it living strong for a long time to come.

My fav so far are the throwing card in a hat and then Sheldon. Lol

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not much until I saw a thread title bragging "sophisticated creations". It usually doesn't take long for users to come up with impressive stuff if LBP or Mario Maker are anything to go by. I hope Labo really gets actual sophisticated creations to check out not this simpleton stuff.

I am actually interested in what u consider as sophisticated creations there? As in terms of 2 days here, i think Labo in terms of potential is already quite good there.

Mizavari

Jan 19, 2018
Won't be long until we get full Nintendo labo bands with piano, guitar, drums and synthesizers. :D

Any bets as to how long it'll take before the first one shows up?

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
What does this mean? She is naming the chords and reading what looks like sheet music. That's a clearly someone with music skills and knowledge. I don't think the poster above meant gaming skills.
She says she has no real musical knowledge, she googles all the different chords lol. And no thats not sheet music, its just showing what chords are used to play the song.

It really sucks I have to wait an extra few weeks to get mine :( I found a really good deal online but its shipping from overseas and wont be here for weeks.

Someone's probably going to have made it by the time I get mine, but I have ideas for a laser tag game, and a few others, and I want to see what can be done with that basic light gun setup they showed.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Out of curiosity, what were you expecting less than two days out of the gate? Most people are just understanding how this works or are trying out the actual cardboard it came with.

The point they are making is that what we're seeing is about as sophisticated as you are going to get. I don't have an opinion either way but that's what this person is getting at.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I am actually interested in what u consider as sophisticated creations there? As in terms of 2 days here, i think Labo in terms of potential is already quite good there.
I remember in one of the LBP betas someone had a full top down action rpg working. With other user creation games the users make the best stuff. Not so with LABO, at least so far. It seems the tools are just too rudimentary. Or maybe people need time to learn paper crafts better. In any event, the topic title is rich.

Edit: heres a great example of a sophisticated creation made in very little time. It's made in Dreams during their Train Jam (basically make a level in a single train ride)

Last edited:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, some neat stuff here.

Right now, Labo doesn't appeal to me. Think all this creativity is awesome though. Nice one, Nintendo.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I am struggling to quote it on mobile right now but the Sans from Undertale one up there is insane. People are amazing and I can't wait to see what these tech wizards do!

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Edit: heres a great example of a sophisticated creation made in very little time. It's made in Dreams during their Train Jam (basically make a level in a single train ride)

That's very impressive, but it's a bit more than a simple train ride. The 'More Info' says it was done by four 'molecules' (I'm assuming programmers? People at least intimately associated with the product either way.) during a FIFTY-TWO HOUR train journey to GDC.

With that in mind, you're comparing it to gamers workshopping with physical items and programming, learning the process as they go. At this point, has LABO even been out for 2 days yet?

Either your expectations for early programming was ridiculously high, or your argument is a bit disingenuous.