• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

erazor

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm impressed, it's amazing to see how the software reacts to the cardboard. This has the potential to be really huge.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more I see the less interested I become. These really look like experiences that will amuse for 15 minutes and never be touched again.

Nov 4, 2017
That fishing game looks fun. I'm definitely in. Going to keep my preorder on both.

The robot game looks like the worst thing so far though, surprisingly. Really interested to hear more about that one in particular and what kind of depth the software has.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
i am so ready for 4/20 with this bitch
build some fishing rods
play with a house dude
jam out some tunes
then murder fictional creatures in god of war to wind down from a long day

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I am more excited about Labo than I am about any normal game coming out?

The integration of analog and digital functions opens up SO many possibilities, and has actually gotten my jaded, lazy ass to start thinking about design in an inspired fashion. As a non-programmer who sorta understands how (B)asic programming works, this is a godsend.

I actually think this thing is huge, and we will all prolly be surprised by the shit people come up with.

Oct 25, 2017
Labo feels like a "spend a few hours with your kid building this and then put it away".

Not trolling. It's cool. Don't really see how you'd go back to this after you built it and had your fun. Once it's built, it's built. And that seems like 75% of the fun of this.

si2k78

Nov 6, 2017
This is rediculous. If there was ever a product that lived up to its Advertising, this is probably it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Kids are going to be playing/watching the new god of war game on YouTube on 4/20 while grown nintendo fans are going to be building cardboards

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This doesn't look that bad actually.
But I worry about replayability, I don't want to just play once and be done with it

MagnesG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Labo feels like a "spend a few hours with your kid building this and then put it away".

Not trolling. It's cool. Don't really see how you'd go back to this after you built it and had your fun. Once it's built, it's built. And that seems like 75% of the fun of this.
The build is complicated quite enough though. The piano for example, takes average of 2 hours to be built. Adding up decorating, selecting multiple parts of synth will increase the playtime. Then combine with other builds you got at least a solid 40 hours for the kit itself.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I laughed.

Stephen (Steven?) shows two portals and says "I can't imagine where they got that idea from".

I like these videos a lot, it's so cool to see more of the game and what you can do with the cardboard. Definitely an awesome toy.

EDIT: Hot damn I just watched the fishing video, even as an adult I would love to play that.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

Video games are "spend a few hours with it then put it away" to those who aren't interested. The key here is whether that hours are fun to you or not.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing that house had me thinking about a modular style home system and Tomodachi Life.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks really cheap and there is some lag on the movement during the Robot Labo. My daughter will LOVE the House Labo though so day 1 one for me.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017

The RC Car Toy-Con is very impressive.
The IR camera can function as a night vision/ heat map camera.
There's also a mode where it chases your hand.
That's much more than I thought!

Last edited:

Imad issa

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I laughed at wii when i saw it, and i actually laughed at this, so you never know, maybe it will be a big hit.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn! Everyone should check out that Kotaku article.

The great twist is that it turns out that that black sensor at the bottom of every right Joy-Con can function as a camera and that, for the RC Car experience, can be used as a Predator-vision heat sensor. The sensor enables the car to auto-drive toward your hand or other warm things. In other words, the RC Car can be toggled to automatically chase your dog or cat or baby.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish my kid was a few years older. He's just going to chew and tear all of these things.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
I see a lot can be done with labo. Truth is card bored is cheap and it's a easy way to build a add on for your game. I'd pay 70 bucks for a sniper elite game with a card bored sniper. Or a new road rash with the card bored bike. Labo can open up a lot for any developer who wants to put a small amount of time in. And it can't be weaker then half the third party accesorys.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty damn neat so far.

With the variety pack, I wonder if you have enough materials to have everything built together, or if you have to unbuild one thing to construct something else.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The more I see the less interested I become. These really look like experiences that will amuse for 15 minutes and never be touched again.
For you, maybe. For kids, and im not talking about 12 yo, but more like 5-8 i can see them being really captivated by it