• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

hero-image@2x.jpg

https://labo.nintendo.com/kits/vr-kit/

Nintendo Labo: VR Kit will launch in retail stores with two primary configurations, one that includes all Toy-Con creations and one that includes a smaller selection of projects to get started:
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit: Available at a suggested retail price of $79.99, the complete Nintendo Labo: VR Kit includes the Nintendo Switch software and materials to build all six Toy-Con projects – the Toy-Con VR Goggles, Toy-Con Blaster, Toy-Con Camera, Toy-Con Bird, Toy-Con Wind Pedal and Toy-Con Elephant – as well as a Screen Holder and Safety Cap. It's a good option for kids and families who want to dive in to the full experience.
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Starter Set + Blaster: Available at a suggested retail price of only $39.99, the Starter Set includes the Nintendo Switch software, plus all the components to build the Toy-Con VR Goggles and Toy-Con Blaster, as well as the Screen Holder and Safety Cap. The Starter Set is a great entry point into the world of Nintendo Labo VR.
Players that own the Starter Set can purchase the following optional expansion sets to expand their experience:
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Expansion Set 1**: Available at a suggested retail price of $19.99, Expansion Set 1 includes the Toy-Con Elephant and Toy-Con Camera.
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Expansion Set 2**: Available at a suggested retail price of $19.99, Expansion Set 2 includes the Toy-Con Wind Pedal and Toy-Con Bird.
TLDR: Starter Set is $40, the two Expansion Sets are $20 each, there is a complete package for $80 (no savings). Expansion sets are exclusive to Nintendo's online store @ store.nintendo.com.

image0.png

Nintendo Labo with basic VR technology* to create a simple and shareable virtual reality experience for kids and families. *Users can easily turn off the VR feature and use the included Screen Holder instead of the VR Goggles to enjoy any of the included games and experiences in 2D.

Last edited:

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
The VR stuff could really only have been this and I still can't imagine it being a great experience.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
These are so cursed, holy shit.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Need to see some of the games first. Interested otherwise, particularly because I don't think this'll be as expensive as the other kit (particularly the Starter Kit w/ only the headset and Blaster).

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I can be an elephant, finally a true sequel to Tembo the Badass Elephant. Kind of weird that there's no trailer or gameplay footage

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
This is pretty clever

For me personally the original labo wasnt worth my time while this is way more apealing

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it will be great and not at all garbage.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Nintendo, I already have to explain to people that Virtual Boy isn't real VR...now this.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No, not you too Nintendo, I thought you wanted to be different T-T
RIP your eyes I guess.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
That is going to be some hideous quality, but still pretty fun, and overpriced considering google cardboard

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Great. Now we get a whole new deluge of people who are going to say that VR sucks after trying it once on a bunch of cardboard taped to a switch.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's take two things that utterly failed to gain the expected market traction and put them together, that'll go well

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm down for this shit; even if the VR quality's bad I just really want to see what "Nintendo VR" looks like.