• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Life has made another list, and

Tell you what, I'll let you judge for yourself. This is every single Nintendo system ranked:

13. Virtual Boy
12. Gameboy Color
11. Nintendo Entertainment System
10. Gameboy
09. Gameboy Advance
08. Wii
07. Nintendo DS
06. Wii U
05. Nintendo 3DS
04. Nintendo 64
03. GameCube
02. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
01. Switch

---

Source

---

Man, I don't even know where to begin with this one...
  • You ranked Wii U over Nintendo DS?
  • You ranked the Gameboys so low?
  • The NES was not even in the top ten?
  • The Switch is number 1? It's not even two years old!
The placement of DS and Switch alone offends me (the fact that the fucking Wii U is over every Nintendo handheld except 3DS is even worse). The only good thing I can say about this list is that GameCube got some respect that it too often does not, but otherwise, holy shit.

Also, pls don't do the "well ackchually" stuff and point out how Game and Watch and TV-Color-Game aren't on the list, so it isn't technically every system.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Switch is my first Nintendo system ever, i love it... but for me the Gamecube is the most charming piece of Hardware the games industry ever produced. The library was gold too.

Speaking only library-wise, the WiiU gets the cake (is every Nintendo console in one due to retrocompatibility and Virtual Console). The 3DS is the runner up, but i think it's question of time to the Switch become Nintendo's King.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand the Wii U placement, as it played all Wii games and had a pretty good selection of VC games. 3DS is the same, it could play (pretty much) all DS games plus a handful of Gameboy, GBC and Gamegear games.

Otherwise, I agree with their #1. Opinions.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

637881_1.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at that list I'm almost surprised the Virtual Boy is in last

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they were testing the random number generator formula in excel to come up with this list.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I'd proabably agree with that top 3. And I'd put the 3DS and Wii U above the N64.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't usually do the whole 'this list is trash!/this won't go down well' sorta thing regarding wholly subjective opinions but man...

This won't go down well here at all lol.

GC is way too high IMO.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Yikes

I agree on all your points.

I would have said:
13. Game & Watch
12. Gameboy Color
11. Wii U
10. Nintendo 64
09. Gameboy Advance
08. Gamecube
07. Nintendo 3DS
06. Wii
05. Gameboy
04. Switch
03. Nintendo DS
02. Nintendo Entertainment System
01. Super Nintendo Entertainment System

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I would even have been okay with the rest of this list, but fucking Wii U over DS physically offends me.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah some of the list I don't agree with.

The Switch is good, make no mistake, but I'm not sure if I can rank it #1 yet? It ranks very high in my personal list for sure, and I think it could easily be #1 by the end of the generation. SNES and GameCube being that high make sense. I don't really get putting Wii U that high, although I personally rank it above the Wii, only because I preferred the more traditional control nature of the Wii U games. Although if we're counting the fact that the Switch has a lot of ports of Wii U games, then I guess that would rank the Wii U lower. As for DS and 3DS, I'm not sure which one I would rank over the other. Both were excellent, but I'm inclined to say DS only because it has one of my favorite games of all time: The World Ends With You. I would put GBA above Wii for sure. I'd probably put NES above N64.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Wat too early to crown the Switch number 1. The SNES remains the GOAT. But when it's all said and done, we might have a new GOAT in town.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
Yeah switch at the number 1 spot is just about right. Woulda had gba and gb higher but ultimately they got the most important slot correct.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Wii U above every GameBoy, the NES, the Wii, and the fucking Nintendo DS? In what fucking universe lol

Top 5 as an unranked top 5 with 3DS swapped for DS is aight though.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Yikes

I would have said:
13. Game & Watch
12. Gameboy Color
11. Wii U
10. Nintendo 64
09. Gameboy Advance
08. Gamecube
07. Nintendo 3DS
06. Wii
05. Gameboy
04. Switch
03. Nintendo DS
Put the NES between switch and gameboy and you've got my list: SNES and DS are the GOATs

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most millennial list ever. Like you can tell this was written by a person who mostly grew up with Nintendo in the mid 90s-early 2000s sprinkled in with a bit of recency bias which is why the Wii U and probably the Switch are higher than they honestly should.

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Yikes

I would have said:
13. Game & Watch
12. Gameboy Color
11. Wii U
10. Nintendo 64
09. Gameboy Advance
08. Gamecube
07. Nintendo 3DS
06. Wii
05. Gameboy
04. Switch
03. Nintendo DS
I like yours more. Putting the Wii U above the DS is just wrong.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I like the Switch a lot but it is way to early to rank it so high. The NES and DS are to low and the Wii U is to high, this list is a joke.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Nintendo 64 dropped from the podium.

Im good no matter what the other places.

Might have SWITCHED the places on top-3 but other than that pretty good list.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch shouldn't even qualify for the list at this point in its life.

Wii U shouldn't qualify for this list because it's the Wii U.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who bought the Wii U and considers it the worst purchase ever made, I think the author's point is in fact wrong.
And that is the piece of shit they put over the fucking DS.

I bought a Wii U and it's the only console purchase I have ever had regrets about. I didn't think there could be a system I disliked using so much that it would deter me from buying games.

Meanwhile, the Switch does the exact opposite.

And you're right. Legendary disrespect to the DS

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's a decent starter, but N64 and Wii U are too high, and the Gameboy series are much too low.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to do my list myself right now, i would probably make it:
  1. SNES
  2. GameCube
  3. Nintendo DS
  4. Nintendo 3DS
  5. Nintendo 64
  6. Gameboy Advance
  7. Gameboy/Color
  8. Wii
  9. NES
  10. Wii U
Not ranking Switch right now, because it's not even two years old, but currently it would slot between DS and 3DS (and given a full life cycle, I actually could see it at the absolute top... just, not 21 months in).

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?
-Bayonetta 2
-Tropical Freeze
-TMS#FE
-XcX
-MK8
-Smash4
-Zelda remasters
-TW101
-Pikmin 3
-Splatoon
-Captain Toad
-3D World
There are some Switch games I adored, but on the whole, the hardware, UI, and OS was unpleasant for me, and actively deterred me from buying and playing games on it. The exact opposite of something like Switch or Vita.
I bought a Wii U and it's the only console purchase I have ever had regrets about. I didn't think there could be a system I disliked using so much that it would deter me from buying games.

Meanwhile, the Switch does the exact opposite.

And you're right. Legendary disrespect to the DS
Yes, this exactly.

SlimeKnight

Jan 2, 2018
I think the Switch will end up being my favorite Nintendo system ever, but it's too early for me to say that right now. I would go SNES, GBA, DS for top three if I had to choose at this very instant.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
How the hell is the gamecube above the N64? No matter what you thought about the 64 controller, you dont hear people opining for gamecube games as the greatest on any list.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
There are some Switch games I adored, but on the whole, the hardware, UI, and OS was unpleasant for me, and actively deterred me from buying and playing games on it. The exact opposite of something like Switch or Vita.
Well different opinions then. I agree that the UI and OS were slow and not pleasant, but that's what I feel with the Ps4 compared to PC or even the Switch. At the end, what defines a system to me are the games.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell is the gamecube above the N64? No matter what you thought about the 64 controller, you dont hear people opining for gamecube games as the greatest on any list.
???
Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Resident Evil 4 aren't put on lists of the greatest games ever? The fuck

Well different opinions then. I agree that the UI and OS were slow and not pleasant, but that's what I feel with the Ps4 compared to PC or even the Switch. At the end, what defines a system to me are the games.
The great games on Wii U deserved far better than that console, and ultimately were great in spite of Wii U rather than because of it. I am glad most of them got salvaged and brought to Switch.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice list

The Nintendo DS's first party output was a joke

Deserves it's place.

Long live The Wii u <3

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Wii U is just better than Virtual Boy.
Wii U is a terrible console. I tried to play it again last week and I got nauseous. I don`t know why, but something with the colors or the fact that I constantly change views from the controller to the screen that makes me sick. Terrible console. It has good games (MK8, Zelda BOTW and Pikmin 3, but the hardware makes me feel bad).

TERRIBLE RANK!

Nintendo DS, Super NES and Nintendo 64 are the best Nintendo Consoles ever made. Switch will knock n64 of this list in the near future.

Fawk Nin

Nov 6, 2017
Guys the list is subjective, just because you don't agree with every single cons...WiiU over DS?? Must be joking!

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
???
Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Resident Evil 4 aren't put on lists of the greatest games ever? The fuck

The great games on Wii U deserved far better than that console, and ultimately were great in spite of Wii U rather than because of it. I am glad most of them got salvaged and brought to Switch.

Ill give you Prime and RE4 as something worth considering. Melee is not a GOAT game just because some people enjoy it's mechanics. None of those games come close to enjoying the noteriety of Super Mario 64, Zelda OoT