• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Hype!!!!

Don't think this would be Zelda though, right? Surely that team is already set in stone and likely already planning the next game.

Hopefully it's a new IP. Nintendo really needs to do a big, new single-player focused one. Splatoon and ARMS are great, but it's time.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I hope its a new IP. Zelda and Mario wont be topped anytime soon and the teams kinda deserved to work on something new now that they delivered.

PS. Still need a new 2D Zelda on Switch though.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Hype!!!!

Don't think this would be Zelda though, right? Surely that team is already set in stone and likely already planning the next game.

Hopefully it's a new IP. Nintendo really needs to do a big, new single-player focused one. Splatoon and ARMS are great, but it's time.

individual people can still leave. it's hard to guarantee that a team of 100+ people is going to be static over 2-5 years, so it could be a major but not surprising project like the next zelda.

but yeah i'm hoping for new ip. the next smash game needs more hype newcomers. inklings can't do it alone.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A new 3D action adventure IP from Nintendo EPD? Sign me up!

Hopefully it's a new IP. Between Splatoon & ARMS, Nintendo's on a hot streak with new franchises so far.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One hour earlier...

Exec 1: Hey, didn't we say we're releasing Metroid Prime 4 next year? Who's working on that anyway?

Exec 2: OH SHIT!

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo said that MP4 was being made by a new team. It was never specified if the team was internal or not.
osDP6pc.gif

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I think very distinctly of the fact that Aonuma said Nintendo wanted him to work on Zelda and a new IP at the same time when I see this.

My instinct leans towards the new IP for this specific hire, but instinct is just instinct.

Hm.

EIGHTVEE

Oct 27, 2017
3D Action

Custom Robo is back.

I solved it, guys.

Nintendo's on a roll with Splatoon and ARMS, so I hope it's something new (or something that's been gone for a long time, like Custom Robo)

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3D Action

Custom Robo is back.

I solved it, guys.

Nintendo's on a roll with Splatoon and ARMS, so I hope it's something new (or something that's been gone for a long time, like Custom Robo)

Dude for real you're cool in my book.

Anyways like I said in the first party thread I'm just gonna assume Zelda. Would love a New IP to go along with Arms and Splatoon since that is more appealing to me a than a lot of stuff that Nintendo has put out in its lifetime. If it is by the Zelda team though I don't expect it to be show until like 2+ years from now if it's a new IP.

Deleted member 30887

User requested account closure.
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Mach Rider. Post apocalyptic action adventure game with at least 50% racing/shooting segments and an underground city/hub with upgrade/building progression.

Or the mentioned Custom Robo.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way Nintendo classifies things? Every time they put out a Mario or Zelda or Metroid game.

This could be anything.
Possibly? This is what makes the thread relevant. Is it likely to be a Mario or Zelda game? Probably not seeing as how we just had new releases in those series. What do we have left? Metroid? Does this mean that Metroid is being internally developed? There's an interview with Aonouma from 2016 in which he talks about how Nintendo wants him to make a new IP. Is this that new IP?

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I would love a new ip from them. We know they were pushing the Zelda team to make a new ip. Aonuma already dropped a hint as to what he was thinking of. So I wouldnt be surprised and would be more than happy for EAD Tokyo to do a new ip.

With all of the said this listing means absolutely nothing. They call 3D Mario an action adventure. This could just be for their next 3D Mario project.

Possibly? This is what makes the thread relevant. Is it likely to be a Mario or Zelda game? Probably not seeing as how we just had new releases in those series. What do we have left? Metroid? Does this mean that Metroid is being internally developed? There's an interview with Aonouma from 2016 in which he talks about how Nintendo wants him to make a new IP. Is this that new IP?

Unlikely that the 3D Mario team is developing an Aonuma project since they work at two different locations. I'd say its more likely that Aonuma is overseeing a new ip and also working on the next major Zelda. Same for the 3D Mario team.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I would say that the genre-specification makes this news-worthy. How often does Nintendo put out a 3D action-adventure game?

Fair enough.

But as the other person who replied said, Nintendo classifies a lot of their games like that. They keep it pretty vague.

We need more info though.

I'm hyped for that new game that Aonuma alluded to a while back. A new IP along the lines of Zelda would be amazing.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I really do wish Kid Icarus is given a shot on the Switch at some point. Seems like the Zelda team was tremendously inspired by Skyrim, hope to see other games in Nintendo's repertoire give a similar open world treatment

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Did everybody else figure out what rhymes with "expand dong"? Because I have absolutely no idea.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
It's that Ganondorf Character Action Game. Developed in house with help from Platinum

I think you've got this all wrong, my good man.

You see, it's rather indisputable at this stage that Nintendo is, for better or for worse, trying to attract the Vita audience. And I do mean 'Vita audience' in the pejorative sense.

Now, on the subject of Ganondorf... a lone male born into a tribe otherwise comprised exclusively of women? That sounds like fertile ground for a very particular kind of title.

Gerudo harem titty waifu dating simulator with inter-tribe warfare strategy elements starring Ganondorf confirmed.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Fair enough.

But as the other person who replied said, Nintendo classifies a lot of their games like that. They keep it pretty vague.

We need more info though.

I'm hyped for that new game that Aonuma alluded to a while back. A new IP along the lines of Zelda would be amazing.
Literally every 3D Mario has been given the 3D Action adventure classification. This doesnt reveal anything other than they are hiring.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think you've got this all wrong, my good man.

You see, it's rather indisputable at this stage that Nintendo is, for better or for worse, trying to attract the Vita audience. And I do mean 'Vita audience' in the pejorative sense.

Now, on the subject of Ganondorf... a lone male born into a tribe otherwise comprised exclusively of women? That sounds like fertile ground for a very particular kind of title.

Gerudo harem titty waifu dating simulator with inter-tribe warfare strategy elements starring Ganondorf confirmed.
What are you talking about? The last game by Nintendo with a somewhat large portion of sexual / waifu content I remember is Fire Emblem Fates and I play a lot of Nintendo games...