• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
https://sensortower.com/blog/dragalia-lost-revenue-50-million

that's an insane amount of money!

Launched in five regions on September 26, Nintendo's fourth mobile game, Dragalia Lost, has summoned a sizable trove of player spending in the 70 days since. According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data, the title has just crossed $50 million in player spending on the App Store and Google Play in those regions with 60 percent of that coming from iOS users.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
If only it launched in my region so I could contribute to that...
That little criticism aside, the game is pretty fun and the awesome dev team deserves all the success it gets

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Player spending in Dragalia Lost in its top two countries of Japan and the U.S. is close to $35 million less than the $75.8 million grossed by Nintendo's most successful mobile title, Fire Emblem Heroes, in those countries during the same number of days following its launch on February 2, 2017. That said, Dragalia Lost has earned significantly more revenue per download so far at an average of approximately $22 on its 1.9 million combined Japan and U.S. installs. Fire Emblem Heroes averaged about $9 per install

This is pretty important as well. They're making over twice the amount per user than FEH.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Gacha is just crazy. My initial rolls were not good and after a few re-rolls I just gave up.

A friend of mine kept asking me to play with him and saying the game would not cost much. He has now spent more than $400 lol.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
anyone know if there's a reason they're holding back the international release so long?

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I've put around 9 bucks into the game and haven't regretted it. Gameplay is fun and the soundtrack is just.... so good. Haven't played in a while though. Not because of the game itself, but i'm just done with the event grinding in games like this. Just don't have the will to invest so much time i think.

Anyway, would love if Nintendo did make a Dragalia game for Switch.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Release it in Canada and you'll have some of my money, Cygames.

:(

Observation Platform

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I must learn not to just skim read headlines, and to pay close attention to punctuation. Every time I see Dragalia Lost in the headlines, it always sounds like the game has bombed. Glad to see it's actually the complete opposite. Gacha games aren't for me, but good on Nintendo.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They could have run into legal snags regarding the music, because Dragalia Lost videos on YouTube get insta-flagged if you play any of the background music even under Nintendo's new policy, and since there is constantly new music being added from a variety of artists, it's a nightmare. Daoko's new CD can't even be bought in the US unless you use a proxy.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I must learn not to just skim read headlines, and to pay close attention to punctuation. Every time I see Dragalia Lost in the headlines, it always sounds like the game has bombed. Glad to see it's actually the complete opposite. Gacha games aren't for me, but good on Nintendo.

Glad I'm not the only one. Hoping for a crossover with Cyan Worlds so that we can get the headline "'Myst' Opportunity for 'Lost' Revenue".

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You essentially never get to summon if you don't pay money, so it makes sense.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You essentially never get to summon if you don't pay money, so it makes sense.
Huh, what? No, this isn't true, not in the slightest. Cygames are very generous with free in-game currency for pulls, and have consistently given out free ten-pull tickets prior to the events as well as generous compensation when it happens.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Guys is it actually a good game? I would try it but don't want to spend time on an average game that will eventually become a grind because its a gotcha.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't booted this up in about a month. I wish the controls / attacking were just a little snappier. I found running the first raid dungeons over and over again to be a chore, and putting it on auto wasn't exactly engaging.

I'd love an excuse to jump back in, but I'm not sure I'm interested unless they tighten up the controls a bit.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They give a free 10 pull with every new banner.

Huh, what? No, this isn't true, not in the slightest. Cygames are very generous with free in-game currency for pulls, and have consistently given out free ten-pull tickets prior to the events as well as generous compensation when it happens.

I mean, I have my qualms with the game, but wut.

Every two week event gives a ten pull voucher, plus the dailies, plus the events themselves give out a ten pull worth of currency.

I play the game every day, do all of the dailies, and counting the free voucher per banner, can probably pull a max of three times per banner before a new one pops up. And good luck getting anything 5* in that. I had to restart my game close to 10 times before I ever pulled a 5* unit, and I still haven't since then. Fire Emblem is much, much more generous in this regard.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I dragged down the average. I paid $1 and felt that I got poor value for that dollar.

Game itself was nice though, would love a switch version.

Almaz_Hiro

Jan 20, 2018
Waiting for release in eu hopefully. Hoping since it's Nintendo we wouldn't have to wait too long for an announcement but it's taking a while.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyment is subjective, but I really enjoy it. It's worth a download to see if it's something you might like.

This game really is a ymmv. Because I do think the complaints about the game have a decent amount of merit.

I do trust Cygames track record in fixing some of these issues though and I do like the game otherwise