• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I pay just for wrymprints, I need all the Eldwaters to make my three star husbandos five stars.

Kind of enjoy this game a bit more than Granblue though maybe its the shiny Shiny new new factor.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Devs actually listening to player feedback has definitely helped convince me to pony up to an extent. The available monthly / weekly packs do seem to make it much more light IAP friendly -- I've been paying up for the Sunstone pack since launch.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Glad people are enjoying it. I ended up dropping off after awhile cause I couldn keep up with the events and that feeling of always being behind annoyed me. Though for those that are current their constant release of stuff must feel awesome

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
I Never will play a game with gacha mechanics. But if people ccontinues to throw money at them in a few years they will be the only type of games available.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You essentially never get to summon if you don't pay money, so it makes sense.

I have started saving tickets and wyrmite after spending everything on the Halloween event (saving for Christmas exclusives). In 1 month, I have accumulated over 100 summons from all the freebies. You having bad luck doesn't change that fact.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate this game. Sad to see it pulling good numbers, as it will only encourage more trash rates and triple gacha that pitybreaks you for trash 5-star wyrmprints at twice the rate of the pitiful 0.5% rate for 5-star characters.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I hate this game. Sad to see it pulling good numbers, as it will only encourage more trash rates and triple gacha that pitybreaks you for trash 5-star wyrmprints.

I'm actually curious about the breakdown of spending- are people motivated to spend on the monthly packs/increased stamina/increased rewards, or the gacha itself w/ limited time banners, etc., or is it a bit of both?

Obviously the answer is a little more complex than that since the monthly uncap packs also give gacha currency, but are in turn fed by shitty rates increasing the chance you'll need an uncap or two to get the most out of a median amount of luck, and the abysmal rates + pricing to begin with probably also help in making those monthly packs look 'good' in comparison for absolute value.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I play the game every day, do all of the dailies, and counting the free voucher per banner, can probably pull a max of three times per banner before a new one pops up. And good luck getting anything 5* in that. I had to restart my game close to 10 times before I ever pulled a 5* unit, and I still haven't since then. Fire Emblem is much, much more generous in this regard.

I only do 20ish pulls per banner with wyrmite (and only spend wyrmite on that + 2 smithwyrms) and have 12.8k (so that's... 85 pulls) banked currently. Not to mention 21 free single tickets unused, as well as the extra 10 ticket they gave out due to the rates mistake. I have also not done the vast majority of adventurer stories I have access to, nor have I done more than a couple stages of hard mode, so there's a lot left untapped there.

I will note that I've been extremely, extremely lucky with dragons lately (less so with adventurers, though I have gotten two 5*s), so reasonably people who are less lucky will have to pull more. But since you're talking in terms of 20-30 per banner, which is exactly what I do, I can't quite agree with this.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit I've not at all been lucky with the 5-star Gacha Adventurers or Dragons for Events. Haven't gotten a single one in fact.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually curious about the breakdown of spending- are people motivated to spend on the monthly packs/increased stamina/increased rewards, or the gacha itself w/ limited time banners, etc., or is it a bit of both?

Obviously the answer is a little more complex than that since the monthly uncap packs also give gacha currency, but are in turn fed by shitty rates increasing the chance you'll need an uncap or two to get the most out of a median amount of luck, and the abysmal rates + pricing to begin with probably also help in making those monthly packs look 'good' in comparison for absolute value.

I think you're always gonna have people who go extremely hard on 10 pulls, but I think it's probably more the refresh and monthly packs that drives casual whaling, yeah?

I'd think unbinding 5* T3s in particular would be attractive but then again, you don't really need that for much currently. Not that it'd stop people from going for it, or buying that and just saving it so they'd have the instant unbinds on hand if they ever need them.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
My playtime of this mobile game has gone up significantly, particularly because they released a character I very much identify with, and the fact you can play as any of them instead of just the main character in combat is very appealing.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Will be real interesting to see what Nintendo does with Mario Kart Tour. Depending on how it's monetized it could be huge.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It lost 50 million? What a flop. Nintendo's going to need to can the Dragalia brand for good.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I spent $8 (two rounds of weekly diamonds) to do daily pulls. Got a bunch of garbage 3* Wyrmprints--that combined with the super grindiness and waifu harem bait nonsense made me drop it about a month ago.

Sign me up for a 3DS/Switch sequel thats a traditional RPG, but this mobile stuff ain't it.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I quit playing a few weeks ago despite enjoying the gameplay and having a lot of luck with 5* units with no money sunk into it (I think I had a 5* in every element). I'd never really played a gacha game before though and the daily commitments to the bonuses and stuff was becoming a drag and taking too much of my time, I felt... I did like the main story missions and the special events, but constantly doing Avenue of Power etc was such a drag.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I quit playing a few weeks ago despite enjoying the gameplay and having a lot of luck with 5* units with no money sunk into it (I think I had a 5* in every element). I'd never really played a gacha game before though and the daily commitments to the bonuses and stuff was becoming a drag and taking too much of my time, I felt... I did like the main story missions and the special events, but constantly doing Avenue of Power etc was such a drag.
I didn't bother with them much. I just use the free three skip tickets daily if there are no new content. I do try to play with all the new characters once so I did mostly got all the daily bonus till now even if it's the beginner or standard bonuses. Game is still OK so far, let's see if it will last me till S2 of the main story.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Game is not that good. Gacha rates aside, the controls are bad for an action game, movement feels so weird like steering a car or something.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Damn, doing well. I've stuck with this longer than I'd anticipated as a gacha skeptic. Play at least a little bit every day and have gotten lucky with my rolls. Def a grind but it's designed for short sessions over the long term, if I hit a wall I can put it down.

Spent some money but game is easy and playable without, you can stock up a nice amount of currency and free pull tickets for when you need them. Low drop rates help with self control too. The story is pure fluff IMO and there's F2P mechanics in there, if you can't deal with that at all I wouldn't recommend, but I still dig the core gameplay and systems which goes a long way. Will be interesting to see how it evolves once we start having to build multi-element teams, lots of room for additional depth depending on the roadmap.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this game. Sad to see it pulling good numbers, as it will only encourage more trash rates and triple gacha that pitybreaks you for trash 5-star wyrmprints at twice the rate of the pitiful 0.5% rate for 5-star characters.
Trash rates? Just the other week ago I pulled both Mirabelle and Hildegarde in one Tenfold. I usually don't do the single summon as its a waste of wyrmite. Of course the game will sometimes give you the 5* wyrmprint every now and then with dupes, but then again I tend to also put importance on prints since some already put meter into your dragon transformation.

Also people are really underselling the 4-star units by a lot. I actually prefer some of them to the 5-stars.
Game is not that good. Gacha rates aside, the controls are bad for an action game, movement feels so weird like steering a car or something.
Play with a styuls. Learn focus attacks.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
The game has had it's hooks in me since release, but being Canadian, I might be done with it until they do a release here. It's annoying to try and pay into it (would need to use US gift cards) and I've had my nintendo account set to US for the last little while to save my progress, which I'd rather not do.

Haven't decided yet but we'll see. The sunk cost fallacy is pretty powerful stuff.

Lunir

May 17, 2018
Mexico
That's pretty impressive considering it's only available in JPN And NA. I wonder what the holdup is for Europe? I guess all the languages needed?

I'd imagine that the Mym unit will double that

Just letting all know that this is not available on NA, it's on EUA but neither Canada or Mexico have access to this game.

Also; I've played it a few times but I think I'm not really into mobile games. I often fell asleep, but it's a funny game.

Maybe if my friends could download it...

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trash rates? Just the other week ago I pulled both Mirabelle and Hildegarde in one Tenfold. I usually don't do the single summon as its a waste of wyrmite. Of course the game will sometimes give you the 5* wyrmprint every now and then with dupes, but then again I tend to also put importance on prints since some already put meter into your dragon transformation.

Also people are really underselling the 4-star units by a lot. I actually prefer some of them to the 5-stars.
Yes, trash rates. You getting lucky on a pull doesn't change the fact that the rates are trash. Hard numbers are not changed by your personal lucky anecdote: 0.5% featured character, 0.5% non-featured character. 1% chance. And your pity will not build much thanks to sharing the pool with stupid wyrmprints that get double the rate, as well as dragons with the same rate.

Compare that to FE:H: 3% featured character, 3% non-featured character. And you'll only be pitybroken by a 5* character. You're 1/6th as likely in DL to get a 5* character. And at percentages that low, it's really easy to run into an insane unlucky streak.

So yes, trash rates.

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, trash rates. You getting lucky on a pull doesn't change the fact that the rates are trash. Hard numbers are not changed by your personal lucky anecdote: 0.5% featured character, 0.5% non-featured character. 1% chance. And your pity will not build much thanks to sharing the pool with stupid wyrmprints that get double the rate. Compare that to FE:H: 3% featured, 3% non-featured. And you'll only be pitybroken by a 5* character. You're 1/6th as likely in DL to get a 5* character. And at percentages that low, it's really easy to run into an insane unlucky streak.

So yes, trash rates.
Pityrates in DL are still pretty high though? I think the rates have been adjusted since launch.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Would be nice if they released it in Europe. Now it has been so long I'm not even going to touch it.

At least I can casually stay playing Fire Emblem Heroes...

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pityrates in DL are still pretty high though? I think the rates have been adjusted since launch.
After 10 summons, pity rates increase the odds of the featured 5-stars by 0.25% total, meaning that's split between featured characters, wyrmprints, and dragons, so divide that by 4 to get the increase to featured 5* characters: 0.0625% increase for every 10 summons. And there's a 75% chance of being pitybroken by a dragon or wyrmprint. The same pity rate is true for non-featured 5* characters.

By comparison, FE:H increases pity after only 5 summons, and it increases it by 0.25%, but that is not split between characters and other stuff, it's all to characters.

So to answer your question, no, the pity rates are trash too.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guys is it actually a good game? I would try it but don't want to spend time on an average game that will eventually become a grind because its a gotcha.

Nope. The soundtrack is really good but the gameplay is whatever. The levels aren't fun and is more of a chore to do. The harder level bosses are the only ones that require strategy but before you can even fight them you need to grind a lot or spend real money to buy upgrade materials. The art on wymprints are great. The gatcha is fun and the developers are pretty generous with giving out free pulls.

With all that said, I've put a lot of hours into it even though the gameplay is whatever. It's more cause it's convenient to play, I suppose.

Oct 25, 2017
You essentially never get to summon if you don't pay money, so it makes sense.

I play the game every day, do all of the dailies, and counting the free voucher per banner, can probably pull a max of three times per banner before a new one pops up. And good luck getting anything 5* in that. I had to restart my game close to 10 times before I ever pulled a 5* unit, and I still haven't since then. Fire Emblem is much, much more generous in this regard.
...so you're saying you got to summon without paying money.

OP
OP

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I think you're always gonna have people who go extremely hard on 10 pulls, but I think it's probably more the refresh and monthly packs that drives casual whaling, yeah?

Right, hence my curiosity at the breakdown. Especially since the $-per-download is way higher than the average gacha game.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
After 10 summons, pity rates increase the odds of the featured 5-stars by 0.25% total, meaning that's split between featured characters, wyrmprints, and dragons, so divide that by 4 to get the increase to featured 5* characters: 0.0625% increase for every 10 summons. And there's a 75% chance of being pitybroken by a dragon or wyrmprint. The same pity rate is true for non-featured 5* characters.

By comparison, FE:H increases pity after only 5 summons, and it increases it by 0.25%, but that is not split between characters and other stuff, it's all to characters.

So to answer your question, no, the pity rates are trash too.
Are you also including Platinum Summons into this? Platinum Summons guarantee 5 star characters on certain days.