• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I think it means exactly what it sounds like. If the answer was "no, we'll delete it after 90 days" they would have said that.

Just "no guarantee your saves will be there when you return" which doesn't mean they plan to delete them, but means they aren't assuring you that they won't.

Nov 30, 2017
Just read the update in the OP.

This is not that big of a deal. $20 yearly for the service with all it includes is peanuts. A game is 3X that much.

I'm sure I'll be subbing and I dont even use my switch, my daughter claimed it.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Nope. You can also do backups of your Xbox One system. Including saves. Try again.
And even if you were right, that's irrelevant. Others don't charge you for the possibility of backing up your saves. Nintendo does.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/back-up-your-settings
Backups don't include settings for:
Games

which I assume means Game overall (including saves)

Apparently your a tool, if we believe what Ambition said.
so what does that makes all the PS+ and XBLG user to date?

Ambition

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Provocative generalisation; doubling down.
If you don't understand why some would pay for the service even if savecloud are not the best, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I don't think there's anything worth paying 20$ for but I mean it's your money homie. I'm just saying, anyone who purchases the subscription is an idiot supporting idiots lol

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many things wrong with this service that can be discussed, there's really no need to resort to personal attacks and "no you are the stupid one" seesaw arguments. Thanks.

Nov 13, 2017
I don't think there's anything worth paying 20$ for but I mean it's your money homie. I'm just saying, anyone who purchases the subscription is an idiot supporting idiots lol

Why is someone who wants to play the games they like online an idiot?

All the Nintendo games I enjoy - Splatoon/Smash/Pokemon/Mario Kart/Animal Crossing - have an online component. I don't care much for Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Fire Emblem, etc, and Nintendo's other single player offerings. I should not spend a trivial $20 for something out of principal, and keep myself from playing the games I spend $300 to play anyways?

I don't think personal attacks are not necessary here. Not everyone cares about making a big fuss over issues that they personally consider trivial.

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo and attempting to do online is the most frustrating thing. How they've been able to avoid creating a decent online ecosystem at this point is crazy.

Ambition

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is someone who wants to play the games they like online an idiot?

All the Nintendo games I enjoy - Splatoon/Smash/Pokemon/Mario Kart/Animal Crossing - have an online component. I don't care much for Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Fire Emblem, etc, and Nintendo's other single player offerings. I should not spend a trivial $20 for something out of principal, and keep myself from playing the games I spend $300 to play anyways?

I don't think personal attacks are not necessary here. Not everyone cares about making a big fuss over issues that they personally consider trivial.
Pretty sure Nintendo games have been available to be played online without a sub for a while now. So why is it ok to charge 20$ now? Nintendo is so ass backwards because their fans never speak up about any of their dumbass decisions.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
Pretty sure Nintendo games have been available to be played online without a sub for a while now. So why is it ok to charge 20$ now? Nintendo is so ass backwards because their fans never speak up about any of their dumbass decisions.

It was know since day one of the Switch that online would cost something. We just can hope they will offer better services in the future.

Nov 13, 2017

Most services have been charging for online for a while. And they'd specified before the Switch's launch that they would start charging for online. It is OK to charge so now because I was already aware that we would have to pay eventually, and I'm fine with dropping $20 if it means I get to continue playing what I am.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Not true at all about the Sony part. I flat out refuse to pay for online so no cloud saves for me. Bought a spidey ps4 pro and put all of my saves on a 3$ flash drive and transferred them from my previous ps4 to the new one.

It is true. Resetera is a very poor indicator of the overall gaming consumer. Of course some people do it, I said that, but the vast majority don't because it's not convenient. For most people without plus, if they lose their ps4 they lose their saves too.

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Why is Nintendo always 10 years late to the game and always offer the most awful services?

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
Why would being a year and a half after the release of the console be a bad thing? That seems like a good thing.

I agree that it sucks that there's no way to back up your saves, but the way Sony does it, there might as well not be. I can't imagine more than a tiny handful of people regularly back up their saves on playstation. I know I never have and I don't have plus.

But it's not the first time you couldn't back up saves on a Nintendo system, you can't back saves for retail games up on the 3ds. If you lost your 3ds you were sol. In that way, the Switch is a big improvement from the 3DS because for the people who choose to subscribe we will have cloud saves.

Oh yes you can! All you need is an AR Powersaves device. It's great for backing up 3DS saves.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
It is true. Resetera is a very poor indicator of the overall gaming consumer. Of course some people do it, I said that, but the vast majority don't because it's not convenient. For most people without plus, if they lose their ps4 they lose their saves too.

Am I missing something here? I backed my saves up just fine. Hell I have friends that don't know shit about games other than installing the game and playing and they have done the same as I have with a flash drive to play their saves at my place. The feature exists, it is there. What are you talking about here?

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something here? I backed my saves up just fine. Hell I have friends that don't know shit about games other than installing the game and playing and they have done the same as I have with a flash drive to play their saves at my place. The feature exists, it is there. What are you talking about here?
Yeah, you are missing something. You seem to think I said it's impossible, when what I actually said is very, very few people actually use it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you are missing something. You seem to think I said it's impossible, when what I actually said is very, very few people actually use it.

Ok I got you. Well, regardless of how few use it the functionality is there and your saves are always transferable. If it wasn't for that I would have been shit out of luck with a ton of game progress. The "Well, no one will use it!" Excuse ain't going to jive for myself and quite a few others.

Oct 30, 2017
This post makes no sense. People have been complaining extensively the whole time and cloud saves were promised a lot sooner before the service was delayed. And its impossible to think that folks were waiting to purchase a switch until they saw how the online service panned out?

Post makes perfect sense. Cloud saves were promised with the subscription, and that's exactly what we're getting. And yes, it's pretty impossible. I refuse to believe there's a non-negligible amount of people that will buy a Switch based on the online service. I just don't see it.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don´t really understand what the fuss is about. You have to pay $20/year for cloud saves. If you don´t pay, you don´t get cloud saves. Yet people are complaining that they won´t get cloud saves for free. If I stop paying for a service, I don´t expect to keep getting that service for free. But anyway, this is just marketing talk: It would be incredibly stupid for someone to announce a new paid service and say "hey, but if you cancel it you´ll still get it for free!".

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don´t really understand what the fuss is about. You have to pay $20/year for cloud saves. If you don´t pay, you don´t get cloud saves. Yet people are complaining that they won´t get cloud saves for free. If I stop paying for a service, I don´t expect to keep getting that service for free. But anyway, this is just marketing talk: It would be incredibly stupid for someone to announce a new paid service and say "hey, but if you cancel it you´ll still get it for free!".
Did you read the OP? Their two competitors offer better, one significantly so.

It's yet another example of Nintendo being more than a generation behind when it comes to online services.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt mind if they allowed us to back our saves to a flash drive, but Nintendo arrogance never changes

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
Cloud saves are very convenient, but seeing as Nintendo is saying we may lose our data if we stop paying, Id like the option to secure it is all

That's why it should be free, since it's part of the paid services, like Sony i think, it normal to get you backup delete one days if you don't pay.

Nintendo should be specific about how many month before they get delete.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they offer 6 month like Sony it will be ok?
Cause for now we don't know what's the elapse before they are erase.
In my opinion, if they provide a free method of backing up (locally), then it goes from actively anticonsumer to just not a particularly good cloud service.
If they offer a guaranteed grace period on top of that, then they get parity with Sony and it just ends up being arguably more expensive than it should be (S3 rates are around $0.3 per GB, to give you an idea of the kind of functional cost we are looking at here). I wouldn't make a big deal of that though.

Oct 30, 2017

Amazing how direct, clear-cut, ad-hominem posts like this don't get a ban, yet so many much more mild opinion posts do. Why the hell is it ok for you to call me an idiot because I'm fine with spending $20 a year to play online, and other benefits?

Also, love how I've never seen a single person on this forum judged for double/triple/quadruple/quintuple-dipping (ie. buying the same game over and over again) and yet, you're a moron if you want to continue to play Switch games online.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how direct, clear-cut, ad-hominem posts like this don't get a ban, yet so many much more mild opinion posts do. Why the fuck is it ok for you to call me an idiot because I'm fine with spending $20 a year to continue playing the games I love, and other benefits?
He got a warning. A warning is pretty usual for a first offense and doesn't mean the mods think it is okay.

Now can we stop bringing it back up again.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
Amazing how direct, clear-cut, ad-hominem posts like this don't get a ban, yet so many much more mild opinion posts do. Why the hell is it ok for you to call me an idiot because I'm fine with spending $20 a year to play online, and other benefits?

Also, love how I've never seen a single person on this forum judged for double/triple/quadruple/quintuple-dipping (ie. buying the same game over and over again) and yet, you're a moron if you want to continue to play Switch games online.

You're right, i don't like people like Ambition who insult people about how they spend their money.

Edit: but at his defense i reply one of is insult by an insult, that escalated i little.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask a off topic question about Nintendo Online that's not new thread worthy?

On my Switch I have my main account, my Japanese account, and my daughters account which is attached to my account. I don't own another Switch.

If I purchased the 20$ online for my account would my daughters and Japanese account be able to play online? Or would I have to buy the family plan?

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
And I'll bet most people complaining in these Nintendo threads dont even have a Nintendo Switch.
At the rate that I play mine I wouldn't blame someone of they thought that.

Maybe if they used some of that money plus some brain I'd be picking it up more often. Nintendo Online and what they are doing with it does nothing but do the opposite. Maaan shit its gonna be incredible (and depressing) if everything about online is still as trash as it is for when Smash comes out.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Can I ask a off topic question about Nintendo Online that's not new thread worthy?

On my Switch I have my main account, my Japanese account, and my daughters account which is attached to my account. I don't own another Switch.

If I purchased the 20$ online for my account would my daughters and Japanese account be able to play online? Or would I have to buy the family plan?

Family Plan. It is per account, not per switch.

That being said, your main account can play the games bough by the japanese account online so if you need you can just make your daughters and your main in the family plan if you need to add more people to share the money