• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Aww man I was hoping for at least 3-4 more characters. It's still very low on content, although I did play local multiplayer for a long time. Maybe they will go for an ARMS 2/Splatoon 2 type vibe where the sequel is similar visually and mechanically but much bigger and with ongoing updates. I would have happily paid for a season pass or microtransactions if it meant 4-5 more characters, a few new maps and especially modes.

Habimaru

Oct 29, 2017
Great. Let's end support right before making online paid-only. As one of the biggest guns, stopping ARMS support now is a terrible idea. No more casuals getting back to the game on updates + less people online because they don't think paying for online is for them = a less fun experience for not pros.

The quantity/quality of content isn't that low, but maybe the pacing burnt it out a little bit fast.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Damn shame, Arms had its legs cut off by Splatoon launching a month later.

I know I wanted to play it more than I did. LOVE the character designs and gameplay.

Hope there's a sequel, such a great universe to build on.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Never bought it, I think it did well overall! Will buy that novel and a sequel if the content is right assuming i get the Nintendo online service.

Cheppito

Oct 30, 2017
Way sooner than expected. Didn't they find a lot of code names for new characters while data mining?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The game has currently sold about Pikmin 1 levels. I don't think it's the last we've seen of ARMS. There's also the comic coming out next year.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not into this game, but if I were, I'd prefer paying for DLC and having a longer life for it if it were an option. As a new fighting game-ish IP, compare to For Honor. That game gets almost weekly updates, has had many new characters, and is still going to be adding more content over the next year at least. Started with 12 characters and is now at 18.

If it's holding up the MK8 team that's bothering people, they should look into spinning up a new team. Online games are going to keep getting more and more important and this could have been a pillar of their online service, but it feels like they didn't push it heavily enough. (again compare to FH which received a much bigger push from Ubi in terms of both launch and post launch content despite being new IP).

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
The sequel for this game is gonna be huge. In terms of pound for pound gameplay, ARMS is one of Nintendos very best. Great foundation set for the future.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Time to start making ARMS 2.0. It is a great new IP with amazing characters. They learned many things and they can only make better the second one.
Plus we will see for sure Min Min or Ribbon Girl in Smash!

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
God I hope we see more ARMS in the future. I must be the only person in Malaysia playing this game, and I keep getting matched with the same Japanese player too lol.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
This is fine. Game sold successfully, got 8+ months of support, and now the team can work on something new or an outright sequel in the future to further improve the formula.

I wish more service games followed this model.
This is fine, for Nintendo. Other service games can't survive with just 6 months of support.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
It's a pity but ultimately I am not surprised. I guess they had more content updates planned in case the game had proven to be more successful (see Splatoon).

Imo what's holding the game back is the lack of a story mode, which is really a shame since the lore is already there and they could have built a really interesting world on that.

As is I think the gameplay/play style (read: motion controls) needs a bit too much efforts for the masses to get into the game.

Not sure that we're gonna see a sequel anytime soon actually, as Nintendo will likely focus on games with bigger sales potential.

All being said and done I applaud Nintendo for having kicked of the Switch with such a fresh new IP and I do hope to see more of it in the future. Just with a story mode please ;-)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
"Master Mummy is looking to find his lost family"
"To be (probably) continued in the next game..."

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Now we only have 10 odd months of silence before we are supposed to be excited about the OGN from Dark Horse. Im bummed, I feel like they should have made a bigger deal about this final update.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo also gives us smash so if you average that together there still somewhere in the middle.
Because Smash has excellent post launch support?

Not really wanting to hate on Nintendo, but where the game is now is where it should have been at launch, so the fact that they've given us it for free means nothing. Because it just meant the content was late. This is definitely not good for a fighter game.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Because Smash has excellent post launch support?

Not really wanting to hate on Nintendo, but where the game is now is where it should have been at launch, so the fact that they've given us it for free means nothing. Because it just meant the content was late. This is definitely not good for a fighter game.

Smash has ridicously priced DLC, not free updates.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh.. that's it?
Still pretty good support, especially for free, but how long did support last for Splatoon?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
This was the game that got me to buy a switch, but in the end I didn't pick it up due to the price at release. Hopefully a price cut then I can get all this content in one go.