• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
credit to Wario64:

Edit: Special thanks to DriftingSpirit for teaching me how to embed

Last edited:

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
It would be cool but seems like the usual PR person misspeaking type deal (which happens all the time with various country-specific Nintendo subsidiaries).

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Reminder that Nintendo Norway's site is managed by the importer that it's Bergsala

So I won't call that official

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
I won't be convinced until I hear what Nintendo Madagascar has to say about this.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
"This year 2017 has definitely been Nintendo's year and we are looking forward to 2018, which will include new games like Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, and Kirby: Star Allies as well as many other games that we will reveal during the year"

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess an intern didn't know what they were doing... MP4 in 2018 when all we got this year was a logo? I don't buy it.

I do think we'll SEE both of them this year. Maybe not as early as E3, but I do think we'll get something.

Sendou

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
There is no Nintendo Norway. That site is managed by Bergsala who imports Nintendo products in Nordic countries. Could still be that they have some information but not necessarily.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Man, we are already receiving great news! I'm pretty sure 2018 is going to be a wonderful year.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
FYI if you actually go on the individual pages for those three games, only Kirby says 2018 while the others say TBA.

OP
OP
robotzombie

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
It could just be incorrect, but I'm wondering if it was potentially just put out too early by accident, but we'll see for sure after the direct...

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I want to believe, but I don't think this is very reputable. Not until we hear from NoA/NoE/NoJ.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
The original quote:

Spillåret 2017 har definitivt vært Nintendos år og vi ser med glede frem til 2018, som blant annet vil by på nye spill som Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 og Kirby: Star Allies samt mange andre spill, som vi vil avsløre i løpet av året.
Source: https://www.nintendo.no/nyheter/633-2017-et-suksessar-for-nintendo

It doesn't explicitly say the game will release in 2018 but you can certainly be lead to believe that. As other have said, Bergsala is not a subsidiary of Nintendo and thus I would take this information with a pinch of salt.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Looks like my Switch will be getting plenty of use this year too after all. Both of those games are my most anticipated Switch games by miles, I don't think they could announce anything else that would get me more excited. I just hope the rumours about BN working on MP4 are false.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Direct will most certainly not speak of these titles even if they were to release in 18.
Not entirely true.

Last year's January direct pretty much lay down the pipeline for the entire year, and E3 was more of those games, and announcements for the next year and beyond.

I think only Samus returns got announced and released that same year, we knew most of it. Indies and third parties filled up on its own too

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
The corresponding text of the Swedish site (Bergsala's headquarters are in Sweden) says this:

Med en så pass bra start för Nintendo Switch och så pass bra försäljning bådar det gott inför framtiden. Vi vet redan nu att spel som Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 och ett Pokémon-spel är under utveckling till Nintendo Switch såväl som Kirby: Star Allies och ett spel med Yoshi i huvudrollen.
Source: https://www.nintendo.se/nyheter/629-2017-ett-riktigt-succear-foer-nintendo

That text does not imply Metroid Prime 4 will be released in 2018, only that the game is in development.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Well the tweet is implying that they'll come out in 2018 by saying we're looking forward to 2018... and reveal more info on it. It's vague but like many have said, it's not official.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I could see Bayo 3 this year if only because releasing the collection early this year and then not following it up with 3 in a relatively timely fashion wouldn't make a ton of sense to me.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, both are 2019. No way we're getting either (but if Nintendo wants me to eat a crow, I wouldn't mind).

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these are placeholder dates, but would love to be pleasantly surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.