• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Fire Emblem: Three Houses character?

• Bernadetta

Votes: 214 13.1%
  • Dorothea

Votes: 143 8.8%
  • Edelgard

Votes: 341 20.9%
  • Petra

Votes: 234 14.4%
  • I Picked The Wrong House When I Played Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Votes: 83 5.1%
  • Claude

Votes: 252 15.5%
  • Nothing to report!

Votes: 362 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting waifu talk and all I get are open spoilers lol i guess its my fault though, based on what the thread is about.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's kind of bs that people hate Ignatz for the same reason they love Bernadetta despite having the same problem up to a 100.

For God's sake, unlike Bernie, Ignatz is a functioning adult. And his supports are more varied because of it.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm... pretty sure she doesn't have a hand in that, though. The game seemed to make it pretty clear. Krona and whoever seemed to have splintered off. Edelgard wanted Byleth as an ally, why would she kill Jeralt on purpose? You can even have Edelgard kill Krona.
She didn't order it but she didn't mind partnering with assholes. She had the gall to go to Byleths's room to chastise him for being down after his father died when it was her allies that killed him. She didn't show even a bit of remorse for the actions of her bestie Kronya. And let's not forget that she chose to partner up with a sociopath that was more than happy to be given an opportunity to murder students. I forget his name but it was that sadist asshole she brought to the tomb when she tried to steal the crest stones.

i find it funny that Hilda is the only classmate to question the overly amount of time Edelgard spents with Kronya. She knows what's up, and is the reason why you can't recruit her in the BE route.
This.

Edelgard is loved and hated because she's willing to do the work to shake up the status quo. Figures like that are rarely ever universally praised off the bat.

Jeralt also spends the entire time leading up to that telling you not to trust Rhea and the church and surprise, he was right.
There church are assholes too but that doesn't excuse Hitlergard.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Ends don't justify the means, though.
If you have a better solution for overthrowing an entity that has the fealty of the other two major nations on the continent, its own army, and has influence literally running through the veins of people everywhere I'm sure she would have been glad to hear it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of bs that people hate Ignatz for the same reason they love Bernadetta despite having the same problem up to a 100.

For God's sake, unlike Bernie, Ignatz is a functioning adult. And his supports are more varied because of it.
Same reason why Cyril is widely hated but very few people hate Catherine. Ignatz/Cyril arent cure
If you have a better solution for overthrowing an entity that has the fealty of the other two major nations on the continent, its own army, and has influence literally running through the veins of people everywhere I'm sure she would have been glad to hear it.
I mean the whole problem of the game is that she doesnt hear it

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand how you can hate Cyril. He's annoying yeah but that's not worth hate.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
How about "Her reasoning for going to war in the first place is ignorant and self-centered. She shouldn't have started what she did."

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand how you can hate Cyril. He's annoying yeah but that's not worth hate.
It is really weird to me. He is one note, but nothing he does is hateable except his loyalty to rhea, but even then Hubert, Dedue and Catherine loyalties are much worse than his

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Cyril, but his weirdly adult voice is a bit uncanny.

I'll take it over that noise that comes out of Mercedes mouth XD (sorry but that voice direction was terrible)
I don't hate him. He's like Byleth. Just completely unremarkable.

Which is fair enough.

It is really weird to me. He is one note, but nothing he does is hateable except his loyalty to rhea, but even then Hubert, Dedue and Catherine are much worse than him

Yep. Plus his life was shit I feel sorry for the guy =/

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City

I didn't expect to like Ignatz, he has a really bad pre time skip haircut. But when I started getting his supports, that quickly changed. He's such a nice kid and doesn't deserve all the shit he gets from people, both in-game and from the fan base.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rhea lead in a way that wasn't the best, and she makes terrible choices for sure.

However during the game we see her activity help others who don't have crests, who aren't nobles and we see that she takes in people who don't even believe in Seiros.

Rhea and the Church are not the best, but the reasons for Edelgard hates them largely are predicated on things that they didnt even take part in and even if you strip it down further her quest to remove the reliance of Crest, the power hungry nature is born of humans, there will always be something and someone to seek out and rule through power.

Her methods and motivations are understandable but it doesn't make it any less terrible the things she does.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rhea lead in a way that wasn't the best, and she makes terrible choices for sure.

However during the game we see her activity help others who don't have crests, who aren't nobles and we see that she takes in people who don't even believe in Seiros.

Rhea and the Church are not the best, but the reasons for Edelgard hates them largely are predicated on things that they didnt even take part in and even if you strip it down further her quest to remove the reliance of Crest, the power hungry nature is born of humans, there will always be something and someone to seek out and rule through power.

Her methods and motivations are understandable but it doesn't make it any less terrible the things she does.
In the Edelgard Route, she's flat out insane, and I'd say burning down the Kingdom capital without evacuating it, after they had sheltered and protected her for five years, AND their King just died protecting them all, all to inconvenience the Imperial Army... It's a pretty colossal dick move, probably the biggest one in the game.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

Doing a bit of charity doesn't make up for enabling and supporting the overarching system that is ruining life for people. I don't think anyone is saying Edelgard didn't do some brutal things, she never thought of herself as a hero and never claimed to be one. And "humans will always be shitty so we shouldn't bother to do anything" isn't really a compelling argument to me.

Edit: Also, see the spoiler WestEgg posted above (unless you don't want to be spoiled).

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the Edelgard Route, she's flat out insane, and I'd say burning down the Kingdom capital without evacuating it, after they had sheltered and protected her for five years, AND their King just died protecting them all, all to inconvenience the Imperial Army... It's a pretty colossal dick move, probably the biggest one in the game.
This is true, yet we are leaving out how Rhea was driven to the point of insanity.

She was already traumatized by her past, finally finds hope in Byleth, is betrayed by said Byleth after Edelgard desecrated her family in the Holy Tomb.

Look Rhea is no saint, honestly she is chaotic and darn right evil at times. I however can easily sympathize with much more so than that of Edelgard.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
This is true, yet we are leaving out how Rhea was driven to the point of insanity.

She was already traumatized by her past, finally finds hope in Byleth, is betrayed by said Byleth after Edelgard desecrated her family in the Holy Tomb.

Look Rhea is no saint, honestly she is chaotic and darn right evil at times. I however can easily sympathize with much more so than that of Edelgard.
The problem is

Your description of Rhea applies perfectly to Edelgard if you end up siding with Rhea. Byleth's presence is what keeps Edelgard from going over the edge, and Byleth's absence is what sends Rhea over the edge. Edelgard was tortured and experimented on as a child and had all her siblings murdered to fuel those torturous experiments.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The problem is

Your description of Rhea applies perfectly to Edelgard if you end up siding with Rhea. Byleth's presence is what keeps Edelgard from going over the edge, and Byleth's absence is what sends Rhea over the edge. Edelgard was tortured and experimented on as a child and had all her siblings murdered to fuel those torturous experiments.
That is true, totally so.

However one causes an all out war and is totally willing to kill their friends and stomp all over anyone who gets in her way.

Don't get me wrong, to me Rhea and Edelgard are reflections of one another and I can understand why some would side with Edelgard, I just don't.

My issue is those who want to act like Edelgard was totally right and Rhea is pure evil when they both are equally as bad.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Rhea: no good green haired asshole, probably sent from Hell to torture us forever

Edelgard: Wears red but calls her group the BLACK EAGLES

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That is true, totally so.

However one causes an all out war and is totally willing to kill their friends and stomp all over anyone who gets in her way.

Don't get me wrong, to me Rhea and Edelgard are reflections of one another and I can understand why some would side with Edelgard, I just don't.

My issue is those who want to act like Edelgard was totally right and Rhea is pure evil when they both are equally as bad.

Edelgard uses her unique opportunity to try and remake the world to remove the shackles that seem to be the primary cause of every character in the games' personal trauma. She seems to actively agonize over the sacrifices she must make to do this, and uses what cards she's been dealt.

Rhea upholds the shackles that seem to be the cause of every character's trauma. She does not particularly seem to agonize over this and seems incapable of taking criticism or dissent.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Rhea and Edelgard are both tragic villians tbh. Rhea is more justifable but Edelgard has much more personal charisma than Rhea.

I don't really mind edelgard, but the stanning of her is offputting to me.

Tbh, I really hate TSITD because for a game that tries to take itself more seriously then previous fire emblems they are really really out of place, and I would have much rather they commit one direction for Rhea and Edelgard.