• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Incorrect, the game came out one way and was changed due to western meddling and now since it's the latest build and this is a quick port it's what we're saddled with.

You don't have say over what they think is the definitive version. They chose this version. the evil bilingual people in California aren't out to get you and your underage cleavage. Nintendo think this is the final version of the game. The backlash against the original cleavage was very minor and there has been a much bigger embarrassing backlash against the """censorship""" so if the primary motivation was profit one could also easily argue that the uncensored version is an easier sell. You have no citations and aren't a mind reader, so you're just fighting against ghosts of perceived slights.

Rouhie

Banned
Sep 5, 2019
You don't have say over what they think is the definitive version. They chose this version. the evil bilingual people in California aren't out to get you and your underage cleavage. Nintendo think this is the final version of the game. The backlash against the original cleavage was very minor and there has been a much bigger embarrassing backlash against the """censorship""" so if the primary motivation was profit one could also easily argue that the uncensored version is an easier sell. You have no citations and aren't a mind reader, so you're just fighting against ghosts of perceived slights.
I don't but following the trail... the people on the creative end got to make their game with a lot of freedom and the Japanese one came out. That is the purest form of their vision we know of. The "evil localizers" (who said evil? I just disagree with them on this issue I'm sure they're good people) made changes for the west or because of their personal beliefs (beliefs I share) and Nintendo made the call to use the later build (America's came out later) for this port either because it saves them the trouble of re-censoring the western release again or a higher up said to use this for Japan as well. It's speculation obviously, we're all speculating on the why but it worked out this way logically when I looked at the release dates and general attitude of the treehouse around this time period.

You don't have to be so rude and combative by the way, it's not like this conversation matters in the grand scheme of things, we're just sharing our opinions trying to (hopefully) learn from one another and take in alternative points of view to challenge our beliefs and become better for it.

More like the game came out, there was a serious problem with it, and that problem was corrected for later releases.
Serious problem for you and that's your interpretation and that's fine. I just want the freedom to make the same call through my own experience and not because someone is trying to be my parent. I don't need daddy localizer to look out for me, I'm a grown-up, just translate the game. This is just the modern version of no blood or no crosses or whatever. They do more work to muddle games in an era where we have the internet and we know what the game really is. You're still supporting those same devs whether they change the game for your region or not.

This reminds me of the Disney approach to blu-ray/digital. Whitewash the releases. It's not what I believe in, I'm sorry.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Serious problem for you and that's your interpretation and that's fine. I just want the freedom to make the same call through my own experience and not because someone is trying to be my parent. I don't need daddy localizer to look out for me, I'm a grown-up, just translate the game. This is just the modern version of no blood or no crosses or whatever. They do more work to muddle games in an era where we have the internet and we know what the game really is. You're still supporting those same devs whether they change the game for your region or not.

This reminds me of the Disney approach to blu-ray/digital. Whitewash the releases. It's not what I believe in, I'm sorry.
Equating not aggressively sexualizing children to whitewashing is an absolutely ridiculous and ridiculously offensive comparison to make.

Rouhie

Banned
Sep 5, 2019
User banned (permanent): Defending the sexualization of minors over a series of posts, inflammatory false equivalence about whitewashing + account in junior phase.
Equating not aggressively sexualizing children to whitewashing is an absolutely ridiculous and ridiculously offensive comparison to make.
I don't think so. If the game had it, the game had it. How objectionable you find it is up to you and it's your call to buy or not buy things that include material you find objectionable. The sexualization of teenagers It's a common thing in Japanese media, hell in live action (and society as a whole) it's a common thing in western media.