• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Coming-Soon-1-1557653149.jpg

- Store will open in Tel Aviv, at one of the big malls

- This is a mere month after Nintendo opened an online store in the region (https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-israels-online-store-is-now-open/ )

- This will be the second store to open (after NYC), with the Tokyo store due to open this fall

Google-translated quotes:
After decades in which Nintendo did not have an official representative in Israel, in recent weeks it has stormed into the Israeli market, and is now making a significant leap forward. The company announced today its intention to open an official store in Dizengoff Center in Tel Aviv.

Fans of the legendary gaming company were forced to purchase their products in parallel import or purchase them in other countries, and when entering the country, Nintendo brings a phone support service, a service laboratory with original parts, and even support for local development companies that will open games for the switch. The new store is one of the company's most significant steps in terms of foothold in the Israeli market, and it has big plans for it. The store will be spread over 150 square meters and is slated to open in June.

I imagine this trend will spread to more locations, the Israeli market is not very big

Source (in Hebrew)

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not where I would have expected the 2nd Nintendo store to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Last time there was a thread on Nintendo in Israel it imploded and got closed. So before that happens:

#FreePalestine

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They also sponsored a Smash tournament here (basically gave away prizes to 1st and 2nd place) and even did an Invitational tournament and brought people from Nintendo Europe lol. They goin' in hard

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Are Nintendo stores not kind of like Apple Stores, more about spreading the brand and advertising than actually selling Products at the location ?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Are Nintendo stores not kind of like Apple Stores, more about spreading the brand and advertising than actually selling Products at the location ?
Apple Stores sell tons of products. They have one of the best sales per square foot ratios in the retail industry.

Nintendo Stores do sell hardware and games as well. But their hook is the merchandise.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Shame they don't open a bit sooner. I'm going to be there on vacation for the second half of may and would've loved to check it out!

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last time there was a thread on Nintendo in Israel it imploded and got closed. So before that happens:

#FreePalestine
An apartheid state isn't a great place to open a store in. Shameful from Nintendo.
Are they going to bulldoze over an already existing Sony store?
I do not recognize this as an official store
Time to boycott Nintendo
of all the fucking places
#FreePalestine
So many other countries that don't have an ongoing genocide to open shop in.
Free Palestine

ERA is genuinely woke now, and not in a US liberal way?!

Amazing. Some great people on this forum.

Fuck this move by Nintendo and FREE PALESTINE.

(Btw I was at the Free Palestine demo in London yesterday and saw Ahed Tamimi speak, amongst many other brilliant speakers, absolutely wonderful)

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty weird that this is opening before the Tokyo one, but I guess it's indicative of Nintendo wanting to open up more of these types of stores abroad. There's a ton of Nintendo merch out there that a lot of people probably don't even know about. There was a Nintendo pop-up shop last year in Tokyo and it was crowded, so I can see these stores doing very well depending on the market.

I went to the NYC shop years ago and thought it was pretty awesome. You gotta control yourself though. No, you don't need a Toadette plushie you have no room stop it

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
what? why? why there? how awful
israel is incredibly contentious and has a tiny population compared to some of nintendo's existing core pal countries that also don't happen to regularly be committing war crimes

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory generalizations and misrepresenting other members
ERA is genuinely woke now, and not in a US liberal way?!

Amazing. Some great people on this forum.

Fuck this move by Nintendo and FREE PALESTINE.

(Btw I was at the Free Palestine demo in London yesterday and saw Ahed Tamimi speak, amongst many other brilliant speakers, absolutely wonderful)
Why are you surprised? Anti-impirilism and anti-semitism are widesspread systemic issues throughout the radical left. You are in "good company" on this board.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like other companies don't try to sell stuff in Israel, people.
I think people are weirded out by the decision to open their second store (before even the Tokyo one) in Israel of all places, an insignificant market if there ever was one.

Add the controversy around the Israel-Palestine conflict and well...

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Trash. Capitalism is bad, companies will do everything for money. But some rules seem to be pretty much universal, Israel being one of them. So fuck Nintendo.

Absolutely disgusting move.

Israel isn't a real estate. Free Palestine and give back their land and freedom.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you surprised? Anti-impirilism and anti-semitism are widesspread systemic issues throughout the radical left. You are in "good company" on this board.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about. Also it's spelled "Anti-imperialism", and it's not a "systemic issue", it's a progressive necessity to stop the USA and the EU states taking over the entire world, and goes hand in hand with anti-capitalism.

And also opposing Israel isn't anti-semitic. But you already know that, and you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Respect to anyone willing to boycott companies doing business in Israel but if that's the case you probably shouldn't be gaming at all. Everyone is doing business there.

Status
Not open for further replies.