• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Now, this probably won't shock anyone since this is what we all expected, but this is the first time that it's been confirmed and also the first new news since 2019.

Pamphlet.jpg

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo presents: Spelinker

better save a lot of hearts to survive a 30 cm drop

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be surprised if it was all underground. That seems strange.

I dunno, wait and see.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't that obvious? Ganon's mummy is leaking Malice that's climbing to the roof of the cave and Calamity Ganon came from beneath Hyrule Castle. And then the trailer ended with Hyrule Castle being lifted into the sky.

Wait, why are people assuming the entire game takes place in the cave from that? They're describing the trailer. They say nothing about what happens after Ganon awakens.

Hot damn, didn't notice that. If this is a marketing pamphlet for 2021 maybe these are games targeting this year?
Could very well be! Animal Crossing being mentioned between the two is kinda weird, but it's still an actively supported game with at least one big update coming in the near future, so it's not impossible that there is a 2021 focus for the pamphlet.

I see NMH 3 and most likely Bayo 3 too... Is it possible there is a nugget about Prime 4 also?

Probably not :(
Maybe if this was a pamphlet for 2023.

123NoGravity

Apr 11, 2020
Enjoying the pre-internet vibe of a magazine style info drop. Would be up for vague PR snippets replacing directs going forwards, keeps some fun in the pre-release game!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what exactly a marketing pamphlet like this is? Who it's meant to be for, what the context is behind the choice of games described?

Does anyone know what exactly a marketing pamphlet like this is? Who it's meant to be for, what the context is behind the choice of games described?
I would imagine that this is intended for retail buyers, so they have some information on upcoming titles that they would want to put orders in on to get ahead of the public-facing hype cycle.

That being said, it's a little weird that Doom Eternal is on there, since that's digital-only, but it may serve as an illustration the breadth of variety on the Switch and its wide appeal to all types of gamers.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine that this is intended for retail buyers, so they have some information on upcoming titles that they would want to put orders in on to get ahead of the public-facing hype cycle.

That being said, it's a little weird that Doom Eternal is on there, since that's digital-only, but it may serve as an illustration the breadth of variety on the Switch and its wide appeal to all types of gamers.

Or maybe Doom Eternal is going to get a physical release like many have speculated.

Makes sense though that this would be for retail partners.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know it got posted to the Zelda board, but I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about the upper left paragraph clearly talking about Bayonetta 3.
I think it's obvious its going to be atleast revealed this year, kamiya was going around in circles with his answers on purpose

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no shit!

But yeah, this is a nice way to create more areas + gives a big ass dungeon possibly. Also all those Sheikah towers had something going on below the surface anyway.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like I missed some big leak or some clues since everyone is making it seem like it would be obvious this was going to be in caverns lol

Edit: Just saw the trailer from 2019. I guess that makes sense. I didn't even remember that trailer geez

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
If this ends up being BOTW's equivalent of Majoras Mask, ie. darker, creepier tone, I will be pretty stoked.

Aug 19, 2020
This looks like something from E3 2019 right? It makes more sense with the whole "Finally" when talking about BotW 2, since that was the end of the direct. Plus mentioning animal crossing before it, another part of the direct. Also makes more sense with why Doom Eternal is here even though it's already released. There doesn't seem to be any source for this outside of Reddit either.

Dec 21, 2020
Just make me shit my pants when playing, not literally, but sense of suspense and discomfort while being enjoyable.

Eery music, disturbing setting, dark mysterious atmosphere, etc.

Plis and 10q

This looks like something from E3 2019 right? It makes more sense with the whole "Finally" when talking about BotW 2, since that was the end of the direct. Plus mentioning animal crossing before it, another part of the direct. Also makes more sense with why Doom Eternal is here even though it's already released. There doesn't seem to be any source for this outside of Reddit either.
I doubt they would talk about Bayonetta 3 in material from E3 2019 when it was a complete no-show there.

Aug 19, 2020
I doubt they would talk about Bayonetta 3 in material from E3 2019 when it was a complete no-show there.

That is fair. Maybe it's about Astral Chain, and they also made a quick comment about Bayonetta? If this is a summary of E3 2019, it was Astral Chain, then Animal Crossing, then BotW 2. Only things in between that is Smash DLC and a highlight reel.

Aug 15, 2020
That's because it is.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
It mentions a "new and powerful threat awakens..." So I wonder if that means it wasn't Ganondorf from the trailer after all...

EDIT: Didn't see the post above. Guess the whole thing is likely nothing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.