• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I went back to look at the trailers for fun and I couldn't find them on Nintendo's main page, Nintendo UK YouTube still has the OLED trailer up but not Lite and the American and Japanese YouTube have it private.

The original Nintendo Switch announcement video is still up however.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
we goin' higher than we ever been before
reach for the stars and have it all
we goin' higher than we ever been before

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Apple does this right before a successor to a product is announced πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I think OP is trying to imply that this is proof of a new console coming ad trying to un-advertise about he two latest consoles they are saying that people still want.

megamanofnumbers

β–² Legend β–²
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Were the sales that embarrassing to Internal or something? The optimist in me says they're preparing for a replacement soon. The pessimist (and realist) in me says there's some weirdly petty dumbness going on here. They're just trailers, what's the problem here?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It's so that nobody gets confused when they announce the Nintendo Switch Lite OLED

next week in game magazines

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're just making new trailers for whatever reason and didn't want the old ones confusing things. I'm sure there's some trivial boring detail behind it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I don't really think this means anything, and I won't get my hopes up for anything (like a Switch Lite Oled model, etc)

But ofc I wouldn't mind being wrong. :P

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The Lite trailers were privated before the announcement of the OLED I believe. OLED trailers being privated would definitely be new though.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is nothing particularly new, they've done it before with most of their hardware, they just want to direct people to the videos with the links to buy them.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
july or august seem too random for an announcement for a console coming out next year unless it actually is hitting this holiday. but if its march or later I would assume to earliest announcement would be September.

this is ofcourse going on the assumption of it being next gen hardware

different circumstances if it is an oled light

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dockable OLED Lite is the dream for me. I'd give up detached joycons and HD rumble.

That said, it's also close enough to a successor that I'm not 100% certain that I'd actually buy in on an OLED Lite

megamanofnumbers

β–² Legend β–²
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
I'm about to make a bad joke, so get ready.

Nintendo of America, angry they're not able to C&D the Steam Deck, are doing the next best thing and C&Ding themselves now.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Might be an SEO-ish type thing I guess? Remove the old hardware trailers so people don't get confused and click on the wrong thing when the new hardware trailer is released, in the interest of driving maximum views?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
New Nintendo Switch OLED Lite of course! They made those other videos private to avoid confusion.

That's why they've been buying up all those components.

Oh God. Just please update the UI already.

arika

Jun 14, 2022
I mean, they don't private their videos for nothing, otherwise they would just keep it up, they had a reason for doing it, the question is just why would they?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Switch Lite+, a Lite-formfactor model that's dockable, has detachable Joycons and an OLED screen incoming to get the Switch through the next 5 years of it's life.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
This is clear evidence that the Nintendo Switch Pro is an imaginary product that is all in our heads, there's no need for ads or anything. You have a Switch Pro, they have a Switch Pro, I have a Switch Pro. We are all winners here tbh.