1. Niko Amii

Niko Amii
    Member OP

2. z0m3le

z0m3le

The Legend of Zelda: BotW started full production Jan 2013, This game likely started a year ago too, so holiday 2020 is possible.

3. Noppie

Noppie

Any info (most likely not) in the job listing?

4. JoDa

JoDa

My guess is that this is aimed for the mobile game that was discussed perviously.
    It could also be a 3ds title, there were rumors of a 3Ds links awakening remake right?

5. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

I'm shocked.

6. Philippo

Philippo

Also wasn't Aonuma talking about reducing gaps between titles? Now that they have an estabished graphical and physics engine for HD, developement should go much smoother.

7. Niko Amii

Niko Amii
    Member OP

Right, but as a breath of the Wild sequel, they hypothetically could pump this one out a lot sooner since they have the game engine ready. With that said, Metroid Prime 4, bayo 3, animal crossing, Retro’s Project, and probably another Pokémon since they usually go annual after their first release, Holliday 2019 is already looking pretty juicy, so I could see Mario Odyssey 2 and Breath of the Wild 2 being 2020 (I’m crying while typing this that’s amazing)

8. TC13

TC13

False rumors. It's for the next Switch game since it's directly an EPD job.

9. SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Holiday 2020 for the next main Zelda would be awesome.

10. mindsale

mindsale

I really think the turnaround will be more like Holiday 2019. This thing's definitely been well underway between BotW's myriad delays and its modest DLC packs.

11. Raijinto

Raijinto

Cool, as always I look forward to seeing and then subsequently playing it. Hopefully it is a worthy follow up to the gen's best game and better yet let's hope it doesn't take *too* long to come out...

12. ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

Nah, nothing.

13. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

Mobile games are made internally (except FE, which is by Intelligent Systens)

14. RandomDudeSTL

RandomDudeSTL

Hopefully they hire someone who knows how to make a dungeon...

15. Ex-Actarus

Ex-Actarus

2019 please !

16. Sulik2

Sulik2

Hopefully someone they are hiring will convince them to get rid of Item degradation and to fix their awful inventory UI.

17. I for one am shocked that Nintendo is making another Zelda after BOTW sales

pls hire someone who knows how to design a dungeon and more than 2 enemies

18. JoDa

JoDa

I guess everything points to a new switch release, if they decide to chug another one on the BoTW engine i hope they stop there, I don't wanna see them exhaust on it

19. Naice!!!!!
    Ah Zelda BotW is n was amazing can't wait what they come up with next, they can improve on BotW crazily.

20. unicornKnight

unicornKnight
    Banned Member

I don't see them rushing for 2019 even though it's not impossible. And let's be honest, even 2020 would be really good, considering the gaps between TP, SS and BotW.

21. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

I'm excited to see what they do with a Zelda game made from the ground up for Switch.

22. Dr. Dre's Dr.

Dr. Dre's Dr.

I hope a narrative writer is one of those positions this time.

23. Ouroboros

Ouroboros

[​IMG]

Yes. This was where the game was lacking. Any sense of urgency or caring of any of the characters except for Zelda and Link (for me at least). The 4 champions were forgettable and the only one I even remembered the name of was the bird because he was such an asshole to Link. But now I forgot his name again...Rivoti? I dunno...

24. delete12345

delete12345

It's hard to write a story when the whole premise of the series is known for 30 years.

25. Dizagaox

Dizagaox

I expected more story DLC for BOTW teebs.

26. delete12345

delete12345

Nah, I rather have the Zelda team start their next work as soon as possible. Aonuma is getting old at this point. :(

More frequent works in the pipeline = more master/apprentice trainings = Aonuma can then pass on the role.

27. TwinsUltra64

TwinsUltra64

I hope they are trying to mix OoT, MM, WW, LA,BOTW and LttP for the ultimate Zelda experience.

28. ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

Falco.

And he wasn't really being an asshole to Link & Fox, he was just being a generally arrogant prick.

29. Lusamine

Lusamine

Maybe they're actually making the mobile game now.

30. DNAbro

DNAbro

Give me a smaller, more compact open world with actual dungeons and a better story.

31. delete12345

delete12345

Level designers are not narrative writers. :( And this is a job listing for level designers.

32. Glio

Glio

He is exactly the same age as Kojima

33. Mato

Mato

You know what, I want OoT Ganondorf back. I just can't get used to any of his other re-imaginings. Ganondorf is an olive-skinned anthropomorphic man, period.

34. RROCKMAN

RROCKMAN

Nah they definitely know how to do that. They just need more modelers to divi up the work load so that more could be put in.

35. delete12345

delete12345

54 years old is a ripe age to start training apprentices in my opinion.

36. Visanideth

Visanideth
    Banned Member

So I see that the rumors that Anouma has decided to start over with the next Zelda after playing God of War to refocus the franchise on narrative, exploration and combat rather than sandbox physics are true then.

I just made up those rumors, they have absolutely no reason to refocus anything given how much BotW sold and how the entire world is still completely in love with open world simulators, not matter how much that displeases me.

37. unicornKnight

unicornKnight
    Banned Member

Yeah I believe they have a team of 1000 people reading every forum, reddit, social media, making a list of all the fans wishes and combining them to create the ultimate game that everyone will like.

38. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

I expect The Legend of Zelda: Battle of the Wild
    Nintendo's own Battle Royale in Highrule. Imagine that with all the mechanics of the game intact (including Amiibos for free Loot ;-) )

39. JetmanJay

JetmanJay

Don’t do this fam. Ya’ll know better. I love your optimism and excitement but when has Nintendo Ever released a mainline Zelda for consoles that quickly? Never.
    We won’t see a new Zelda until 2022. Holiday 2021 absolute earliest.

40. Dizagaox

Dizagaox

Surely Nintendo would just have a 2nd or 3rd party doing any such DLC, and just have someone from Team Zelda supervising?

41. Ex-Actarus

Ex-Actarus

I disagree.
    I think we will see a situation similar to Majora’s Mask who came 2 years after Ocarina ot Time.

42. DNAbro

DNAbro

Pls level design good dungeons lol

43. Axe

Axe

That one's being developed by Grezzo (or at least, they're definitely working on some kind of Zelda game since they put out a recruitment ad for it awhile ago)

44. So this is not for my 20th Anniversary The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake?

I will dream until I wake, then dream some more.

45. Rion

Rion

So much this. As fantastic as BotW was it was constrained by being stuck on a hardware architecture from over a decade ago. They should be able to push the visuals much further with a game built exclusively for Switch.

46. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief

Can’t wait to see how they build and grow on BotW further.

47. Monolithsoft

Monolithsoft

The sky's the limit.

or... is it ?

48. Fuchsia

Fuchsia

I'm hoping and praying for this.

49. skittzo0413

skittzo0413

Skyward Sword 2: Skywardier Sword confirmed?

50. Rogue Agent

Rogue Agent

That what I'm excited for.