• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

YouTube link:

Metroid Prime 4 development is being restarted and is now going to be developed by Retro Studios because Nintendo were not confident with the current status of the game.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wasn't expecting that.

Better delayed than an inferior product released

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so, retro's project is either cancelled or close to finishing, and MP4 isnt releasing this year.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It'll be worth the wait. I had a feeling it was too soon to be revealed in 2017

Oct 27, 2017
Ironic, considering the day that they're pulling a "Resident Evil 2", eh?

I wonder if that Prime trilogy will serve as filler in the meanwhile

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
Dxwju0MWwAI6dXj.jpg:large

DxwjvPSX4AADALD.jpg:large

Oh we're FAR off.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Crazy, but I'm happy Retro is now working on this which means it'll be a quality 3D Metroid game! They should have done this from the beginning though, who knows why they didn't?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Huh, pretty unusual to come out and say it like this. I appreciate the dampening of expectations at least, I guess?

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Okey, so. What was Retro Studios doing for the last few years? Was Star-Fox grandprix a lie? they are gonna cancel all their projects to work only on Metrod Prime 4?

Who was the original developer of Metroid Prime 4?

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely insane.

I can't remember a time when Nintendo was so clear about the development hell of a project. Even the 2015 Breath of the Wild delay video was more of "hey the team has a lot of new ideas that we want to implement and need to delay the game to do so" instead of the straight up damnation we got here.

At least we know that Retro is working on it now. I think it's safe to say that we will be getting a great fucking game when this finally releases.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. I would've never seen an update coming. They're starting all over and going back to Retro!

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dang! I mean, I'm glad that they decided to start from scratch to ensure a quality product, but this will mean that we won't get to see anything about it in the foreseeable future.
I fully expect it to be a launch title for the Switch's successor now.