• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, is so weird to see Nintendo admiting that development wasn't going well and that they had to change studios.

This make me ask, what was Retro doing after Tropical Freeze if they were not involved with Metroid Prime 4?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's surprisingly transparent. You don't often see Nintendo of all people putting out videos detailing they are unsatisfied with a product and changing studios. Still, better a delayed game than a bad one, and all that.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Metroid is Nintendo's weakest franchise, so it makes sense rework it if needed.

Better to rework it rather than F-Zero it.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling and antagonizing other members; previous infraction for similar behavior
so all those "insiders"(and you know who the fuck you are) talking about Metroid Prime 4 at the TGAs it looks so good now and Metroid Prime Trilogy and all that good shit...where ya at now?

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
I recall in the old forum people expecting this game in late 2018 and being mad at those who were pointing out 2020 at the earliest

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Oh well, it gives me more time to finish the Prime trilogy first!

(I haven't even finished the first game yet...) :p
Off to the Wii U VC I go.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
IMO, this is why you dont reveal a logo. You just get issues like this if the game was barely in development.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Well, they could have waited for the end of the financial year before coming forward with this info.

I hope this means Retro has something to release soon and MP4 will be their next project. Soooo who was working on MP4 before that?

Ikouros

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
This is CRAZY. I wonder what went wrong!? I wonder how far in development the original game was?
To be quite honest, I'm really grateful for this level of communication from Nintendo. It's extremely honest. Many other companies would have kept this hush hush.

Serviam

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Really sad, was looking forward to play it this year.
My wallet is happy tho, was waiting to buy a Switch just for MP4. Guess it will be on Switch Pro 2X instead! :D

Edit: I am also really happy that Retro will be working on it.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
What a roller coaster.

I'm okay if this will result in a better game. But what has Retro been doing since 2014?

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
A straight up reboot. Absolutely insane.

At least we can expect a great fucking game since it's coming from Retro, but damn I can't say I expected this.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
WELP. At least they care about the quality of the game. So it;s okay i suppose. Please make a good game!