• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Edit: The video starts with strange music and there's some screen flashing for those who are photosensitive or prone to seizures. The stream recording starts at the 2:08 mark.

Remember, this is Nintendo of Russia, an official branch of Nintendo (https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/en/outline/index.html), and the hosts did a relatively good job of keeping everything together, but this is something that needs to be spread around.

Edit 2 (summary):
Angry boss does not understand how live streaming on a site works. Threatened to fire someone and cusses quite a bit on stream cause he's venting since he thinks the stream isn't working.
He also walks into (and remains in) the shot as 2 hosts try to issue commentary, all the while the CEO's tirade is picked up by their mics. The broadcast technician(s) try to save the stream by going into full screen gameplay but this seems to further the CEO's doubt that the stream is live.

Edit 3 (tl;dr):
TL:DR version. On a Mario Kart tourney being live streamed by Nintendo of Russia, the CEO stands behind the hosts, and gets intensely frustrated due to not understanding how streaming works.

He starts cussing out those around him, and throws around the word "retard" at others all on stream, and while the hosts are just trying to keep the tourney moving on.

Does not even comprehend with any notion of professionalism
Edit 4 (even more evidence of his behavior; read the full post quoted, including its quotes):
So, after video gone viral, local gaming portals asked former NoR employees about their experience with Yasha. Shit's fucked up.
Full article (in Russian).
English translation from r/nintendo.

Last edited:

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
What happens and why does it need to be spread around?

I don't really want to see a man have a nervous breakdown. Why should other people also see it?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Is this something we should actually be watching, or is the man having a legitimate nervous breakdown

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is a regular thing because the guy on the right looked so done with it as soon as the interruptions started.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
You might wanna add a warning about the flashing screen at some point--It gave me a super bad headache and I worry it might trigger a seizure if someone is prone to those.

Otherwise, this is wild. This guy has absolutely no awareness whatsoever of what's going on and doesn't seem capable of being in this position.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The guy basically freaks out because he wasn't informed that a stream was happening. He should be fired.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Some quotes the CEO said on stream:

9sXgwIOl.jpg

xMQ0VQJl.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Errrr, watched the entire thing, and hardly a meltdown. Like, incompetent from everyone involved, and that's about as far as I'd go :/ Most of the swearing was even from the other guy?

Also, this might seriously need a seizure warning because of the stream going haywire at one point.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that guy is a jerk. They keep saying their live and he is berating people in the background. What the heck was the part of the video where the CEO is talking about paying a third party? Sounded like some shady shit.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
You might wanna add a warning about the flashing screen at some point--It gave me a super bad headache and I worry it might trigger a seizure if someone is prone to those.

Otherwise, this is wild. This guy has absolutely no awareness whatsoever of what's going on and doesn't seem capable of being in this position.
Fair, I can definitely do that.

That introduction to the video... C'mon.
Yeah, this video's format is sensationalized.

Seems like some Russian propaganda the GM seems like a stand up guy.
If you know anything about the situation, please share it with everyone. I'm just going off of the information in this video.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Seems like this video was created just to cause trouble. Even in the comments "Someone should post this on ResetEra."

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem qualified for the position. If he doesn't understand how this works he has to trust he has the right people in place, or put the right people in place. His behavior is definitely not something I would think Nintendo would be happy with.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Seems like this video was created just to cause trouble. Even in the comments "Someone should post this on ResetEra."
I didn't see that in the comments either.
I'm not sure about it now. Does anyone browsing that can post have more information about the situation outside of what the video shows?

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angry boss does not understand how live streaming on a site works. Threatened to fire someone and cusses quite a bit on stream cause he's venting since he thinks the stream isn't working.
He also walks into (and remains in) the shot as 2 hosts try to issue commentary, all the while the CEO's tirade is picked up by their mics. The broadcast technician(s) try to save the stream by going into full screen gameplay but this seems to further the CEO's doubt that the stream is live.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TL:DR version. On a Mario Kart tourney being live streamed by Nintendo of Russia, the CEO stands behind the hosts, and gets intensely frustrated due to not understanding how streaming works.

He starts cussing out those around him, and throws around the word "retard" at others all on stream, and while the hosts are just trying to keep the tourney moving on.

Does not even comprehend with any notion of professionalism

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not a melt down, but seemed like a shit show . And from the reactions one that happens a lot

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty tame compared to some of the things I've heard executives say in rooms that are not being live streamed.

(Covering my ass here... not defending ableism or slurs or anything of the sort. I'm just saying that it's common for executives to behave badly behind closed doors.)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to the dude in the hat, he is the real MVP

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Hardly what I would call a meltdown. Not how one should act but eh.

Video was not worth watching.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like such a clusterfuck, streaming is a pretty simple concept. The one commentator mentions he will never work with Nintendo again. Can Nintendo actually do something? Russia is a corrupt hellhole, I'm curious if he would be fired over something as awful as this.

Era has a reputation for doxxing people.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Eh, I wouldn't really call that a meltdown. I was expecting the dude to start fighting people and destroying the stream setup or something.

Definitely seems like a total ass, though.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Perhaps a better title than "meltdown" would work. Something like "starts angrily venting at employees on stream," maybe.