• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk what's more embarrassing - whomever created the beginning of this video or what the CEO did.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
This is precisely why Japanese companies so often insist on exercising direct management of their subsidiaries. This is the nightmare of a company with a family-friendly image.

And the man's language and behavior do not seem befitting of a chief executive to me, whether he thought he was being recorded or not. More like a store manager throwing a tantrum because an hourly setup a display wrong. If that's how he talks to the talent when no one is listening then he is clearly toxifying and mismanaging the work environment. If this video spreads and someone at NCL sees it he will probably be fired.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
vI5GxfS.jpg

We're famous y'all
Well, they're not wrong

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
pretty inept for a brand as large as nintendo, if thats how it is over a live stream imagine what its like day to day lol

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This is a big mood he held it in as best as he could.

mnd7AjF.gif

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"CEO didn't see the post because he doesn't understand how the social network works and is now mad at me" is extremely relatable to me. I feel for those stream hosts.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
That intro is some Gamers Rise Up shit, huh, lol

Even if the stream was being run by only a small handful of people, it's exceedingly strange that no one just cut the mics & video and went to the gameplay feed instead. But yeah, that dude made an ass of himself.

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's almost certainly getting canned after this. In a way, though, I feel kinda sorry for him. There are some out there not terribly familiar with the Internet or streaming. Also we don't really know his circumstances that brought him to how he got the job as the CEO of Nintendo Russia. All that aside this is absolutely not professional, I'm sure NCL is already on top of it. I feel more sorry for the commentators. The one on the right definitely looked like his anxiety and stress were through the roof. He's probably gone through it daily unfortunately. High anxiety isn't fun. I hope that his and the rest of the Nintendo Russia team's working environment improves greatly soon and they get a much kinder, more professional boss. Calling them retards on a live stream let alone at all yikes!

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Lol when the guy on the right sticks his tongue out towards the end. What an uncomfortable stream and that CEO seemed like he had no idea what was going on, not really a good look.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
This is why as a manager you should learn to trust your employees. If you try and run every little detail, you eventually crack like this guy did.

Either way, the guy lost it and fucked it up. This is a what NOT to do type situation.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Legit feel bad for the guy... The cycling of emotions and mixed expressions are clear as day and he can't help it. The high anxiety is very real. He needs a hug.

Seriously, I was second guessing what emotion I was seeing everytime I looked at the dude. I couldn't tell if he was laughing/scared/mad/crying/annoyed. I probably would have been the same way.

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch the full video right now, but everyone and their dog over here knows that Yasha is fenomenally incompetent when it comes to PR.
Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get him canned just like embarrassing himself during an interview to the country's biggest news channel a month ago didn't.

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Watching the whole video I only could feel pity for the employees, he is cursing, insulting and threatening to fire them. Even if the stream really wasnt working thats not the way to handle it and if It was working like they are saying, Why do you risk to do it all in front of the camera? Just go to the technician to solve it not to the hosts, they handled the situation the best the could...

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I can practically feel the hum of NCL's mothership in Japan at this very moment as it powers up its giant beam right before it nukes this moron from orbit.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a classic buffoon, plus a confusing situation. But the video undermines itself a bit with the dramatic over the top tone and the editorialised narrative from someone who seemingly has an axe to grind?