• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Right, sure, but not on a Sunday and not for BS. Like I said, unless they accessed something they shouldn't using ill gotten means, or broke a contract, the cost of the lawyer on weekend hours is too much.

Nintendo is a very large corporation so they have a huge pool of legal aid available 24/7. It costs them nothing but effort to go after this person and they have everything to gain by maintaining the surprise. They just need the bluff to work for a couple days.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
She hacked their servers or something? It's illegal to repost informations?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Going to need to see some receipts on this. A few default profile pic twitter accounts were saying this too but they said they had proof they were on it before other people.

You can believe what you want but I'm not able to prove anything other than the fact this account is trying to play off every leak as their own despite the leaks coming from other sources first. Like the Bandai Namco games. This Sabi Twitter account isn't trust worthy to me in the least. Just my personal take on it and what's happened with many "insiders" over the past few years loving the attention + followers. imo people like this do more harm than good getting blind followers to latch onto whatever they say.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sabi was going to leak the Nintendo Direct within a few hours too so this is some timing eh

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did they get your address from a post in 4chan? Lol

Also, as others have said, as long as you are not under NDA, it's legit reporting thus unenforceable.

GAF, not 4chan -- they got my address from my domain registrar where I posted the gif. It was just that gif and a brief summary of the vidoc so I wasn't really worried about it but I got a C&D letter and a call from one of their lawyers. For a 2-3 second gif of what amounts to a commercial

My point is that neither getting a C&D nor acting on it tells you anything about whether they are under NDA. It doesn't matter if it is enforceable or not. Do you want to go to court to defend your right to post BS on the internet? I didn't and I don't know why you would unless you are getting paid for it

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
To everyone saying they don't have a leg to stand on legally, that doesn't matter. A legal battle you can potentially win against a multi-millionaire dollar company is still terrifying and can still leave you bankrupt with lawyer fees.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is a very large corporation so they have a huge pool of legal aid available 24/7. It costs them nothing but effort to go after this person and they have everything to gain by maintaining the surprise. They just need the bluff to work for a couple days.
As someone who worked for a company much larger than Nintendo and actually saw receipts for lawyers, its not this easy, please, I am not talking from my ass here. I'm not some spring chicken naive to the world. The cost of bluffing one twitter user isn't worth it unless it can materially impact the course of business. No one in the corporate offices in Japan is even noticing this shit. If a retained lawyers office sent an email, however they got that information, it was probably sent by a junior associate doing it on their own.

Be more critical of this shit. AND like I said, I also am willing to see a case where it could be true, but I am being more skeptical when people claim this noise.

EDIT - seeing what sangreal is posting does give me pause to think some associate or lower level lawyer is just bored on a weekend, or that possibly Nintendo lawyers are using bots to find this shit and just auto tagging them via IP address tracking.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
GAF, not 4chan -- they got my address from my domain registrar where I posted the gif. It was just that gif and a brief summary of the vidoc so I wasn't really worried about it but I got a C&D letter and a call from one of their lawyers. For a 2-3 second gif of what amounts to a commercial

My point is that neither getting a C&D nor acting on it tells you anything about whether they are under NDA. It doesn't matter if it is enforceable or not. Do you want to go to court to defend your right to post BS on the internet? I didn't and I don't know why you would unless you are getting paid for it
But what about that sweet internet clout and 15 minutes of fame?

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So in an effort to C/D her they validate her claims and put more attention to leaks.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Nintendo and the other companies are investing many millions of dollars to create a hype presentation at a LITERAL TRADE INDUSTRY EVENT where world premiere announcements are currency.

For some random person to leak it sporadically undermines the value of the entire show and is most certainly worth pursuing legal action for.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
companies, especially ones like Nintendo, aren't in the business of calling up their lawyers on retainer and spending this kind of money on a Sunday to blast a random twitter person.

It's either fabricated bs, or they accessed something that could potentially be considered illegal, or they are breaking some kind of contract. Its not like this twitter person was big enough at all. Its also not Nintendo's mo to go after this nonsense like this.

Like this wouldn't be worth the cost of the lawyer to deal with.

Regardless of the validity of their leaks or not, this is just dumb, and to blindly believe it is silly. It seems more so like plausible deniability to not have actual information, can't leak shit you aint got.

Do you honestly think that Nintendo doesn't have their own lawyers that are salaried to work for them?

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She posted some of that information before Vergeben. I think both were privy to some of the same info, but she got exact wording correctly on Microsoft's Scarlett video so she knew someone who had access to that video.

That said, I'm skeptical. She'd been promising leaks on Nintendo for a couple days now and suddenly can't deliver? It's suspicious, but who knows.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Person literally gains nothing from leaking aside from being an asshole.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
They're on Twitter trying to assure everyone that they'll still leak whatever else they can get their hands on, chasing that 15 minutes super hard, so clearly they're not learning anything.

Zero pity.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Its not petty if the leak is what some of us think it is.

This has been brazen stupidity for 15 minutes of fame.
Yeah. It was all done poorly and each bit on info shared narrowed things down. Flaunting when they would post Nintendo information would have made things easy for Nintendo to track. If anything, they are lucky Bamco, Square, MS, Ubisoft, and the others haven't acted yet.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I don't get the thrill of leaking info for show. It's kind of like spoiling a movie

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Either she just reposts leaks from elsewhere or she's a thief
Which would you prefer she ends up being lol

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Do you honestly think that Nintendo doesn't have their own lawyers that are salaried to work for them?
I can guarantee you that those lawyers are not working in the US on a Sunday night. I am willing to cede that it could be due to other means, but we automatically assume this person is telling the truth, I think it is silly, and its just using an easy villain to pick out because hey we can all see NIntendo ninjas and shit, and yeah I can see Nintendo being petty like that, I just find it far fetched.

If this was the case they would have gone after that 4chan leaker well before Sabi.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
companies, especially ones like Nintendo, aren't in the business of calling up their lawyers on retainer and spending this kind of money on a Sunday to blast a random twitter person.

It's either fabricated bs, or they accessed something that could potentially be considered illegal, or they are breaking some kind of contract. Its not like this twitter person was big enough at all. Its also not Nintendo's mo to go after this nonsense like this.

Like this wouldn't be worth the cost of the lawyer to deal with.

Regardless of the validity of their leaks or not, this is just dumb, and to blindly believe it is silly. It seems more so like plausible deniability to not have actual information, can't leak shit you aint got.
Right. We hardly see Nintendo send out C&D's and such for majority of leaks, the last time something like that ever happened was when SMD64 leaked everything he had on GAF and on his site which included information about Pokemon Sun and Moon, other games, it even included financial information, etc. He was reckless, got C&D'd, his site was nuked, and he was forced to sign an NDA, and he got his source fired.