• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised. They couldn't keep them on shelves even if they were bolted down.

So glad I was able to order mine in.

John Marston

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy numbers. And it can't be said enough: the "classic" line of Nintendo consoles was a brilliant idea.

Cal

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like it was doing these classic consoles was a great move on their part. I have no interest in one but wow, fantastic idea.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many NES did they shipped day 1 last year? For comparison's sake.

Edit: Nvm, someone already answered that up there! Impressive!

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got one, but I have to admit I don't really have a desire to play those games again. I just got it for nostalgia. But it's still a sale!

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo actually backed up their words and made more. Props to them. Lifetime they need to hit about 10 million to satisfy demand IMHO.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I'm rather surprised how easy it is to buy one here in Sweden. A number of stores have them in stock, so you can just buy/order from there, there was no need to do any early pre-order.

I guess the higher price here contributes to that, Bergsala (Scandinavian distributor of all things Nintendo) wants a lot more than $80 for it.

Or maybe people just avoid buying it cause it didn't include Chrono Trigger! :P

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm rather surprised how easy it is to buy one here in Sweden. A number of stores have them in stock, so you can just buy/order from there, there was no need to do any early pre-order.

I guess the higher price here contributes to that, Bergsala (Scandinavian distributor of all things Nintendo) wants a lot more than $80 for it.

I added my own Chrono Trigger ;) and it's my most played game on it.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't get one in all gaming shops in Rotterdam unless you plan to pay up to 160 EUR on some on-line shops. I think I will just stay with my Ouya with SNES emulator, but Ouya controller really sucks.
Sad~~~

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Seems like it's 1600 SEK here. Fuck that

(that's 190 USD)

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
It's a damn tragedy this had to come out on the same day as cuphead, as this thing has won out for me over the last few weeks, particularly tinkering with Hakchi. I swear I'll get back to Cuphead eventually though ( even if I've now got Odyssey on my plate, too).

Also hello ERA folk. Liking the integration of some of the previous userscript mods to the old site, though we're still missing inline editing and automated inline refreshing for event threads.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible. Hope they keep making it (want to buy one if I eventually have the chance).

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't stumbled across one in store. Walmart still hasn't shipped mine.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Great numbers; the thirst is real. Are we expecting an N64 classic any time soon? If not is the issue with the hardware (emulator, controllers) or with the software (e.g. licenses)?

Bloodshed

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, that is surprising. If they can keep more coming before the holidays, maybe they were not full of crap.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I was going to try and get one for the kids for Christmas but I think I might just end up with a Rpi in a SNES shell.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
My 8/22 Walmart.com order still hasn't shipped.

Target is going to have some for Redcard holders on 11/1. Maybe I can score one there and wash my hands of Walmart forever.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I still can't find this goddamned thing!

I've been actively looking too - I'm afraid if I don't find one soon, I'll be shit out of luck due to the holidays.

Maybe I'll snag one on ebay for $150... it's not the money that's my issue of buying off ebay (paying the extra $ would be preferable to the "search"), it's the principle of it!