• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ckfy63a

Oct 28, 2017
a place beyond seeing...
This implies they shipped at least 400k units of the Robot Kit, right? Otherwise, Toy-Con 01 would have to be listed in the million seller category.

I don't know if we have sales numbers for it beyond Media Create, but that number seems awfully high to me given how poorly Toy-Con 02 did in Japan. They probably overshipped it.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This implies they shipped at least 400k units of the Robot Kit, right? Otherwise, Toy-Con 01 would have to be listed in the million seller category.

I don't know if we have sales numbers for it beyond Media Create, but that number seems awfully high to me given how poorly Toy-Con 02 did in Japan. They probably overshipped it.
They may be treating it like amiibo and just not reporting as a regular game.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Considering LABO biggest potential sales window are the holidays, I can see it selling big numbers. The car toy cons look incredible.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

I dont think they report all software that is over 1M, only the top 10 selling software.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me, wonder how big of an impact would summer and holiday have on its sale

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Christmas is the true test for Labo but these numbers are surprisingly alright

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
IIRC Nintendo France expect Labo to sell
20% April - September
80% October - December

If this is true (that's up for debate) and labo sales for the pre-holiday period stop now (which it won't) than labo will sell 6.95 units calendar year 2018

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm up for that vehicle pack. My boy (4.5 yo) repeatedly insists that I put the video on.

Interested in hearing about a proposed light gun one too.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
20% April - September
80% October - December

If this is true (that's up for debate) and labo sales for the pre-holiday period stop now (which it won't) than labo will sell 6.95 units calendar year 2018
Makes sense. Labo is a product aimed at kids and said kids won't be buying $70 games out of their own pocket. It's a holiday product.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
People still hoping it wilk sell 80% during the holidays are up for a big isappointmentl, that means it would have to sell 4 times as much, or 5.6M more, october-december

Not gonna happen....LABO's ship has sailed

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People still hoping it wilk sell 80% during the holidays are up for a big isappointmentl, that means it would have to sell 4 times as much, or 5.6M more, october-december

So...is this the new ARMS and 1-2 Switch where everytime we get new numbers the number in which LABO is no longer considered a failure just goes up and up just so we can label it so?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
They report million sellers for the quarter onpage 3 here, including for older games like MK8DX.

In theory, if either pack had sold over 1 million, it'd have been reported there.

In the Supplementary Information about Earnings Release documents, they include all million sellers for the year, regardless of top 10 or not.

Edit: Whoops, someone already posted this above!

Ah there you go, thanks. I totally missed that document and refered to the best sellers.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
20% April - September
80% October - December

Honestly, if I'm going to buy a Christmas present for my niece to go with a Switch, Labo is a given

Oct 27, 2017
It's important to keep an eye on Labo during this holiday. It could Join Smash and Pokemon as the must have for the Switch during Christmas.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Labo sells like Arms or 1-2 Switch, then... It will absolutely not sell 6m units in the Holidays?

No, I'm talking about how no matter how much ARMS and 1-2 Switch sells, people will still label them sales failures. That is what I'm comparing with LABO. That no matter how many millions this will make, someone will always say it is a failure and just keep raising the number required for it to be a success because they can't stand the game being anything near a success.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
i was quoting the part where you said labo's ship has sailed, and disagreed with it.

LABO's ship to sell that many games I meant, sorry., 20-80% split is crazy talk

If you want we can speculate further, I'd say 50-50 could be possible, which means it can sell between 1-1'5M during this holidays, tops.

You said a few more millions, were you thinking 1-2M, or more like 3-4M more?

Oct 26, 2017
No, I'm talking about how no matter how much ARMS and 1-2 Switch sells, people will still label them sales failures. That is what I'm comparing with LABO. That no matter how many millions this will make, someone will always say it is a failure and just keep raising the number required for it to be a success because they can't stand the game being anything near a success.

I would count Labo as a success going by Nintendo France's expectations if Labo sells 10-12m units by March 31st 2019.

So there are the goalposts and I will not be moving them.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

There is also the fact that labo probably costed almost nothing. Some of the stuff in the variety kit is gamejam levels of game depth
So profit is a VERY easy word to have =P

But yeah, 1-2 Switch is fun to bully xD

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LABO's ship to sell that many games I meant, sorry., 20-80% split is crazy talk

If you want we can speculate further, I'd say 50-50 could be possible, which means it can sell between 1-1'5M during this holidays, tops.

You said a few more millions, were you thinking 1-2M, or more like 3-4M more?
i expect all three kits combined to sell 5ish millions by the end of 2018

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
20% April - September
80% October - December

That's still a lofty prediction for Europe. These types of edutoys aren't nowhere near as popular as in Japan or US. At best you can only say his prediction could hold true for France and that's it.

The sluggishness in Japan is problematic because LABO is very Japanese in design and launched during their biggest holiday season.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

That 20%-80% thing was for Nintendo France specifically and it shouldn't be applied worldwide.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
That's still a lofty prediction for Europe. These types of edutoys aren't nowhere near as popular as in Japan or US. At best you can only say his prediction could hold true for France and that's it.

The sluggishness in Japan is problematic because LABO is very Japanese in design and launched during their biggest holiday season.
I too think that 20 - 80 is a pretty lofty prediction but was the only number to go off. As for my personal expectation, I think 40 - 60

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It will be interesting to see how Labo perform this holiday. I feel with some good deals it will sold really well in the west and japan.

However Labo sadly wont have the backing of Others Region there considering how expensive it is in SEA here.

130 bucks for a Labo set kill any chance of success on developing countries there.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
It will be interesting to see how Labo perform this holiday. I feel with some good deals it will sold really well in the west and japan.
A price drop (Variety / Vehicle 60 USD and Robot 70), New kit with Gun/Camera/Bird and a switch + labo bundle are all the possible announced momentum pushes I could think of.

Apr 21, 2018
130 bucks for a Labo set kill any chance of success on developing countries there.

Nearly 100 bucks here in Canada. I was interested in the variety kit but that asking price is too high.

I think the 3rd Labo kit with the car looks the most intriguing and will probably be the most successful. That would put all the kits at around 2-4 million by end of the fiscal year which I would think is a pretty decent success. Probably not worth continuing but not a failure.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nearly 100 bucks here in Canada. I was interested in the variety kit but that asking price is too high.

I think the 3rd Labo kit with the car looks the most intriguing and will probably be the most successful. That would put all the kits at around 2-4 million by end of the fiscal year which I would think is a pretty decent success. Probably not worth continuing but not a failure.

Yeah. The problem is probably the size of the product. Which add on really fast on shipping which causes the crazy expensive price of the product in some other countries. If nintendo want it do better, deals is important.

A price drop (Variety / Vehicle 60 USD and Robot 70), New kit with Gun/Camera/Bird and a switch + labo bundle are all the possible announced momentum pushes I could think of.

Labo bundles with switch or price drop during black friday can do huge number though i believe.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was sort of tempted by the first two packs but the third one looks like it really nails it. Especially if they do mk8 integration with the wheel.

Itll be a must buy for them for Christmas... I just have to convince them (and my wife) :)

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017

However Labo sadly wont have the backing of Others Region there considering how expensive it is in SEA here.

Watch how Maxsoft saves the day by force bundling Labo with Switch for SEA.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watch how Maxsoft saves the day by force bundling Labo with Switch for SEA.

U mean maxshit lol. They will bundle it while still charging crazy high.

To think that i went to their office in the past before in Bugis lol and they give me some souvenir when i repaired my 3ds there

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
20% April - September
80% October - December

Of that's the plan they need to put in major efforts with retailers to stock those things at Christmas because from my strictly anecdotal evidence it got pushed to the sides by now and isn't well promoted in stores.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Labo bundles with switch or price drop during black friday can do huge number though i believe.
Do you think the bundles price would be switch + labo (370) or regular switch price (300)

I think it could be the first 300 bundle due to the fact they'll want to sell additional kits in the future but honestly it'll be switch + labo

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Might grab the new one as a Christmas present. Something I can do with my sisters kids when they come visit.