• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Original link
http://www.nintenderos.com/2018/05/...bra-ningun-anuncio-de-splatoon-el-9-de-junio/

Their quote translated

Although we do not normally comment on rumors and speculation, we can confirm that, contrary to the rumors circulating since yesterday, the Japanese weekly magazine in question has not written any article about an announcement related to Splatoon for June 9. With which, it is a baseless rumor.

Could possibly be damage control? Shonen magazines aren't known for rumors. ..

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
The dream of Splatoon 3 Battle Royale Avengers x TMNT x Fortnite x PUBG featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series is dead, boyz :(

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
And... what's the source of that website? Is that Nintendo Spain, since they're a Spanish website? Nintendo Japan? If yes, who did they get that quote from, because I doubt they got a hold of NCL.

Weird "denial" for a weird rumour, ha ha.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could possibly be damage control? Shonen magazines aren't known for rumors. ..

Biggest Question: Did this quote come from the Japanese Nintendo branch, or a western branch? Because if it's the latter, this is essentially non-news. The branches don't always coordinate everything together, so I wouldn't be surprised if a different Nintendo branch in the world wasn't aware of news specific to the Japanese market that Nintendo is planning to announce.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that instead of saying the rumor is wrong, they deny the source even exists. They say the article supposedly cited was never written. This may be why they're willing to comment on this particular rumor: They're not denying a rumor, but rather that a source even exists.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
If i read the sentence before the quote right(which might not be the case since my spanish is rusty and based on catalan), its Shonen jump(so not nintendo itself) which put out the quote denying that they would release news about splatoon.

Sounds to me like somebody concluded that Shonen jump would reveal something, and they denied it.

Was the original rumor about them in the first place ? Because i dont remember that it was ever said shonen jump would reveal it.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
And... what's the source of that website? Is that Nintendo Spain, since they're a Spanish website? Nintendo Japan? If yes, who did they get that quote from, because I doubt they got a hold of NCL.

They cite a press release ("Nota de prensa"), that's all.

This is so weird. Normally you don't comment on rumours, and this report is really vague.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo, of all companies, going out of their way to say this basically confirms it's real.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now I'm even more excited lol.

Very few times have Nintendo bothered to comment on speculation. Last I can recall was the android powered NX I think.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
Does shonen jump not release on monday anyway ?

Why would they release any news on saturnday in any case ?

Shonen Jump releases on Monday but most fan scanlations get it 3-4 days before that. That's why One Piece latest chapter was released today, despite only being available on Monday. Stores get it earlier, and there is money to be made by leaking them before launch date.

Eliseo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? what's their source? it just says "nota de prensa" but it doesn't say which news paper did they get that info from -_-

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OK so here's probably what happened.

The original source that posted about the Splatoon news from the mag is Ryokutya2089. They're known for getting advance copies of magazines and leaking the stuff every week.

The Splatoon stuff was posted just after the Minecraft and Famicom Mini stuff, which were in Jump. Ryokutya2089 never specifies the mag, but we assume Jump because the Famicom Mini is a Jump Edition and the site was posting other news generally in Jump at the time.

The likely scenario here is that the tease is from CoroCoro Comic, which comes out on Tuesday. So Ninty technically isn't wrong in saying there's no such tease in Jump.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

The original source that posted about the Splatoon news from the mag is Ryokutya2089. They're known for getting advance copies of magazines and leaking the stuff every week.

The Splatoon stuff was posted just after the Minecraft and Famicom Mini stuff, which were in Jump. Ryokutya2089 never specifies the mag, but we assume Jump because the Famicom Mini is a Jump Edition and the site was posting other news generally in Jump at the time.

The likely scenario here is that the tease is from CoroCoro Comic, which comes out on Tuesday. So Ninty technically isn't wrong in saying there's no such tease in Jump.

So its a technical denial from Nintendo, that was supposed to calm everybody, just so they could indeed reveal something when it does actually happen.

Such intrigue, i like.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Then if it is from Coro Coro it might be related to the manga.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017

You're right, I thought I remembered reading the name Jump in the original source but I went back to look and it's nowhere to be seen. So yeah, in that case it's most likely CoroCoro.

I still don't think it's a huge announcement though and it's probably just CoroCoro being hyperbolic

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo Spain. I mean, if Nintendo Spain can't communicate with Nintendo Japan, I don't know what Nintendo is doing.

Kewl0210

Oct 25, 2017
I asked Yonkou Productions about this. It looks like Gematsu incorrectly assumed this was from Jump, and it was probably from Dengeki Girls' Style and the DO report that.

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/994980398047182848

We're kind of inferring here that the "June 9th" date is based on the next issue of Dengeki Girls' Style which comes out on June 9th. http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/724/1724413/

And the reason we think it's that magazine is because the blog Gematsu sources was posting info from Jump, and right before that about some games from the company Otomate, which were announced in this month's issue.

They source this article http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/10115 from ryokuya2089. And he doesn't say specifically where it's from, just that it's news. But the last few posts were either from Jump or from Dengeki Girls' Style. Or as salromano said, it may be from Corocoro.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If it's related to the CoroCoro Comic then, eh, can't say I'm all too interested. Unless it's an actual full on anime production and not just that motion comic that people hyped up.

mugwhump

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017

On one hand I'm glad if it means we might still get a splatoon anime (unless corocoro are just over-hyping something dumb). On the other hand, now there's a risk the anime will be based on the terrible corocoro manga.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Why would they even comment on this?

Doesn't that ass fuel to the fire?

I remember when Nintendo denied a 3DS revision existing like 2 weeks before announcing it and even throwing WSJ (?) under the bus over it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they even comment on this?

Doesn't that ass fuel to the fire?

I remember when Nintendo denied a 3DS revision existing like 2 weeks before announcing it and even throwing WSJ (?) under the bus over it.
How does Nintendo saying, "No, there's no article or announcement regarding Splatoon in the next SJ" equate to that? If Nintendo is pointing out something being factually incorrect and just baseless speculation, we should take them on their word on that. They'll likely be proven right when the next issue comes out and there's nothing regarding a Splatoon announcement in it.

Nintendo probably will have something Splatoon-related to talk about at E3, or maybe even before E3, but that doesn't mean that the rumor being spread is accurate. Particularly when it revolves around the text of an article that doesn't exist.