• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The production values would noticeably go up, they would try to satisfy both hardcore and casual fans, and the gameplay would evolve in interesting ways

would pre order without any gameplay footage tbh

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where that Xenoblade/Pokémon topic? Now that would be terrific honestly!

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I don't know how many more times this needs to be said but Nintendo does not get to say the big things when it comes to pokemon. Yes they own the IP partially, but the big decisions come from TPCi. They make all the deals and what not. I get what you mean but Nintendo has nothing to say about this.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Don't lie about production value going up lol. Have you seen three houses.
You only want IS to get that so that you could marry your favorite pokemon. Mods please close this.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I could come up with a pretty long list of devs I'd prefer to tackle the mainline series over Game Freak at this point.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It'd be cool if it were that easy, but the IP is owned by different entities to some degree, Game Freak included, so it'd take a good while for that to happen imo.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Giving Pokemon to anyone other than Gamefreak would be awesome at this point. (anyone Nintendo regularly works with). Thing is, the Pokemon Company decides, not Nintendo right?

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Don't lie about production value going up lol. Have you seen three houses.
You only want IS to get that so that you could marry your favorite pokemon. Mods please close this.
lol

And yeah no. IS needs to focus on making Fire Emblem. REDEEM THEMSELVES IN MY EYES.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh wait, Intelligent Systems develop FE? Yeah no, fuck that, keep it with Game Freak.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The production values would noticeably go up, they would try to satisfy both hardcore and casual fans, and the gameplay would evolve in interesting ways

would pre order without any gameplay footage tbh

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is OK with the stupidly big amount of money Pokemon makes for them.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Nintendo should buy out TPC at the first possible opportunity, and just upend the bucket on the whole franchise. Get Game Freak out, go deep on a proper next-gen Pokemon experience, and cash in like only a properly ambitious sequel can.

It'll never happen.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Fucking hell. I get being upset, but some of these reactions are just plain childish.

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be cool if it were that easy, but the IP is owned by different entities to some degree, Game Freak included, so it'd take a good while for that to happen imo.
i think the breakdown is even split 3-ways between Nintendo, Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company.

so technically POkemon isnt even a first party Nintendo IP

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
The Pokémon Company can allow other developers to make the game you want while Game Freak continues to make the games they want to make.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Why IS of all studios? Lol

I could get behind GF partnering up with a bigger studio that is used to make more ambitious games, but not completely handing it over (specially not to a studio with such a different game profile). I think there are many things about the games and mechanics that would be lost without GF on the boat.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo giving away Pokemon.
qGhiEIe.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
NotThisShitAgain.png

Pokemon isn't Nintendo's IP to hand off to any developer they please.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is not in the position to assign developers to Pokemon and even if they could, why would they? GameFreak has kept the franchise relevant for almost 30 years now.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feels like a joke/attention seeking thread. The new FE game looks horrendous. Game Freak is doing just fine with Pokemon.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Game Freak just needs a much bigger team or way more time so that Pokémon feels like a proper AAA title instead of feeling like an AA title making more money than almost any other AAA series in gaming.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
So this is a joke but I will still answer.
I don't think that would magically solve all problems.
It's not like everyone likes what they are doing with Fire Emblem.
Isn't one of the biggest complaints about Three Houses and Sword and Shield the graphics?

I am also scared of my favourite Pokemon not making it into Sword and Shield, but these random "GIVE POKEMON TO NAUGHTY DOG CAUSE THEY WOULD IT BETER, PLOX" will find any solution.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon releases are so tied to merchandise and other media, like the anime, that there's no way it gets more than 2-3 years of development time, and a main game will never be delayed.

monapon

Nov 9, 2017
I don't want a mainline game from anyone other than Game Freak. Wouldn't feel right even if I'm not the biggest fan of some of the decisions made.

Spin-offs though, go crazy. But not Intelligent Systems unless we're doing Pokemon Conquest 2. Go with Monolith Soft please.