• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
create_movie.jpg

Nintendo has updated their job recruitment site with a big number of new sections for hiring new graduates, showing some neat details about how they develop their games.

Above you can see how they are using motion capture and Maya for Breath of the Wild sequel cutscenes.

There are lots of other interesting details and pictures in the website.

case-shizue_zoom.jpg

detail39_img01.jpg

images01.jpg

soft-network-img10.jpg

Nintendo uses Slack!

Switch heatflow simulation
design-conference.jpg

Prototypes for the Switch Pro Controller
detail47_img02.jpg

Initial concept art for ARMS
detail48_img02.JPG

Tools used to record footsteps sounds for Link in Breath of the Wild.
arms-capture2.jpg

ARMS prototype.

You can check them all and much more in the following pages:

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First time motion capture used for zelda? Wonder if it will have voice acting

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Nintendo? Motion capture? Zelda?

This is kinda breaking my mind.

It's like Nintendo is catching up to the industry circa 10 years ago.

Progress get!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh wow, they were originally gonna go full-on post-apocalyptic future with ARMS. Still, it's nice to see some ARMS concept art that isn't already in the game's Gallery mode.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
all of this stuff is really cool to see

I wish the Animal Crossing models were more stylized

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Everyone's saying mocap is a first for zelda but Nintendo used mocap for a few animations in OOT and didnt they use more in twilight princess?

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Because Nintendo is referring to it internally as the sequel to Breath of the Wild, and it almost assuredly won't be called BotW2, but will have its own unique subtitle

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
mocap isn't new for Zelda.

That ARMS art and playable demo thing are interesting.

That being said the actual direction for ARMS is soo much better than that art lol

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Why does everyone always refer to BOTW2 as "BOTW Sequel"? Why not just say BOTW2?

I can't recall any numbered sequels in the Zelda franchise, at least not in the mainline games (yes, Zelda II was pointed out), and even direct sequels have always had different names (eg Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks).

The game has never and almost certainly will never be called BOTW2.

Last edited:

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018
Quite a lot of this has been available for a while now (the splatoon concept sketch for instance), but it's good to see it get more attention.
Interesting stuff in general.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really want to know who the concept artist for Splatoon and Arms are. Those games have the best design from anything at EPD.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing that's the prototype for the Wii U pro controller. That's a Wii U dev kit in the pic. And is that the old Splatoon prototype on the screen?

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
hard-circuit-image03.jpg

This looks something from 2001: A Space Odyssey

(it's a room to check if devices produce radio waves that could produce interference)

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I can't stop seeing the upper left first photo as Link with his dick out. Someone help me.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I love this shit, Nintendo's process is such a mystery even now, and it really doesn't need to be anymore.