• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Due to preventive measures put in place for the COVID-19 coronavirus, and in accordance with federal and local guidelines, our repair centers are closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Once repair services resume, we will work as quickly as possible to get you playing again.

Please note that, during this closure, products sent in for repair may be returned to you as undeliverable.

If our repair center has already received your product, it will remain there until repair services resume.

Close if old.

Keywords used for searching past threads in any combinations: nintendo, closed, support, customer

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I sent my Joy-Con in like a week ago and while this makes sense I wish I had it during this time.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad they clarified in the FAQ that if your warranty ends during this closure they will still honor it once they can start repairing again.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, and people thought GameStop holding their preorder deposits (for now) was bad. None of this is their fault, but what a shitty time for anyone that sent in their joycons and can't play through the quarantine.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
This is the right call. It's unfortunate for those who already sent in their JoyCon and won't get them back for a while, but I'm glad to see Nintendo is putting its employees first -- especially employees who the rest of us don't typically think about or see.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Well, shit.

I'm now facing the quadruple whammy of:

- My Switch fan making a horrible, loud grinding noise that's rough enough that the system vibrates. This happens at least once per day, usually the first time I turn it on. Typically goes away after a minute or two, faster if I put the system back to sleep. Happens in both handheld and docked mode. I think the fan bearings must be bad or something.

- Nintendo repair centers closing for the foreseeable near-term future, so there's no reliable way to get it fixed.

- Switch being out of stock everywhere, so there's no way to replace it.

- Animal Crossing saves being 100% impossible to transfer even if I could find a new Switch, so there's no good way to keep my village.

I'm glad the company is doing the right thing and staying safe, but damn is this a really inconvenient time to start having these issues.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a lot worse going on in the world, but it's a bad time for my left joycon to start drifting.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well, shit.

I'm now facing the quadruple whammy of:

- My Switch fan making a horrible, loud grinding noise that's rough enough that the system vibrates. This happens at least once per day, usually the first time I turn it on. Typically goes away after a minute or two, faster if I put the system back to sleep. Happens in both handheld and docked mode. I think the fan bearings must be bad or something.

- Nintendo repair centers closing for the foreseeable near-term future, so there's no reliable way to get it fixed.

- Switch being out of stock everywhere, so there's no way to replace it.

- Animal Crossing saves being 100% impossible to transfer even if I could find a new Switch, so there's no good way to keep my village.

I'm glad the company is doing the right thing and staying safe, but damn is this a really inconvenient time to start having these issues.

This may or may not make you feel better but I've had a similar grinding, loose bearing noise on my Switch since the end of October. I had contacted support back in December and the guy was really helpful. He had asked if the system was overheating at all (It's not) and recommended just monitoring it for now since my warranty is good until August. Since then I've put hundreds of hours into games (125 hours into animal crossing alone since it launched) and the system is still fine.

I had talked to a few computer engineers that said it doesn't guarantee the fan will die but people online say a loose bearing WILL eventually fair, so take that as you will.