• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
My shipment got switched over to USPS from FedEx and I Googled how to track it and it says you can just input the same number on the USPS site to track it. Problem is nothing shows up when I do that.

If it's the USPS tracking number provided via Facebook then this tracking number will not work with Fedex and won't update past Pre-Shipment. The package you receive will have another tracking number that works with both Fedex and USPS. Most people that are being notified by Fedex are already registered for a service that let's them know when any package with their name and address is being shipped to them via Fedex.

Also there's no way any preorder from this company arrives on time lol.

I'm also still curious if I received a US Switch or not. I did not find a loose blue warranty card in the box and the small amount of warranty info listed was on a sticker on the inside of the box after you had opened it.

Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
How many of you guys got the switch days before the scheduled delivery date? Mine has been in my state for 4 days now just sitting there! And still says delivery date 12/11 I don't understand what's going on! Lol

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
YES!!!

Switch and Pro Controller came!!!

So count me as yet another person that had pre-shipment the entire time when tracking the Switch.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My Switch has arrived, man what a cool little system. I also noticed the pamphlet for mine was in English, don't see Spanish anywhere. I can only assume after the first batch of Latin American units went out, they started drop shipping US models. Works for me!
Also wanna give a shout out to OP, thanks!

DhExR5x.jpg

Last edited:

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
If it's the USPS tracking number provided via Facebook then this tracking number will not work with Fedex and won't update past Pre-Shipment. The package you receive will have another tracking number that works with both Fedex and USPS. Most people that are being notified by Fedex are already registered for a service that let's them know when any package with their name and address is being shipped to them via Fedex.

Also there's no way any preorder from this company arrives on time lol.

I'm also still curious if I received a US Switch or not. I did not find a loose blue warranty card in the box and the small amount of warranty info listed was on a sticker on the inside of the box after you had opened it.
Ohhh okay, fedex said it'd be here by end of day but I guess they meant be in Houston bc it switched to Usps

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I feel like I won the lottery with the US model I received. Don't have to worry about calling up and having ownership change or whatever was going on.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Mine just unexpectedly arrived. Yesterday, the tracking had no information besides an estimated date of Dec. 11th lol.

There doesn't seem to be any warranty information inside the box at all with mine. 🤔

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Setting up Switch now. I see nothing inside that is primarily in Spanish. There is no warranty card.

Did I win the lottery too?

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
YES!!!

Switch and Pro Controller came!!!

So count me as yet another person that had pre-shipment the entire time when tracking the Switch.

Wait, you were at "label printed" without any shipping updates the whole time a day your Switch arrived today? That means I could hope against hope that'll be waiting for me when I get home from work?

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you were at "label printed" without any shipping updates the whole time a day your Switch arrived today? That means I could hope against hope that'll be waiting for me when I get home from work?

The tracking number for my Switch on USPS site still says...

Pre-Shipment

November 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
MIAMI, FL 33166

...while the tracking number for my pro controller updated every step and now says delivered.

I don't know if Fedex handled my Switch at any point. Facebook only gave me the USPS tracking number and it was delivered by USPS. Really weird that the status never updated.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
My Switch has arrived, man what a cool little system. I also noticed the pamphlet for mine was in English, don't see Spanish anywhere. I can only assume after the first batch of Latin American units went out, they started drop shipping US models. Works for me!
Also wanna give a shout out to OP, thanks!

DhExR5x.jpg

That pamphlet also came in english with mine (as well as a blue warranty in spanish).

Oct 25, 2017
I think fedex is just shit at updating their tracking. Mine was shipped with an estimated date of 12/11 last Friday. No updates until today. It's finally in my state and will now deliver on the 12th instead.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That pamphlet also came in english with mine (as well as a blue warranty in spanish).

Just looked through the box to make sure I didn't miss anything and yeah, no sign of a blue warranty card or anything in Spanish.

What ownership change?

If the subreddit post is correct, these are NA Switch units but the owner is under some Latin American name, which you can call up Nintendo and get it switched to your name and activate the warranty.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Just looked through the box to make sure I didn't miss anything and yeah, no sign of a blue warranty card or anything in Spanish.

If the subreddit post is correct, these are NA Switch units but the owner is under some Latin American name, which you can call up Nintendo and get it switched to your name and activate the warranty.
Can you link that? Why would a new Switch have a registered owner

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can you link that? Why would a new Switch have a registered owner

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...uiku/facebook_dailysteals_faq_need_help_with/

Woops kinda mixed up what the post meant, I'll quote it here and you can check the link out for other info.

Whats with the warranty?
  • In short, the switch is of US region but has latin american warranty. The "owner" of the switch is juegos latin america. You do have to activate the warranty though as nintendo has no record of purchase in their system.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
The tracking number for my Switch on USPS site still says...

Pre-Shipment

November 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
MIAMI, FL 33166

...while the tracking number for my pro controller updated every step and now says delivered.

I don't know if Fedex handled my Switch at any point. Facebook only gave me the USPS tracking number and it was delivered by USPS. Really weird that the status never updated.

Interesting, my label was created with FedEx on 11/29 but still no updates. I wonder if it could still work out that it's been in transit or if they truly haven't shipped it yet.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Switch delivered today but I think this feels like a refurb? I dont remember what my box was like for my launch unit but I'm pretty sure it was taped right?

I looked inside and some of the plastic wrapping looks dusty.

Anyways, how do I find out about warranty information?

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Wonder what the dividing line was on those of us that got US models. Were you mid-evening 11/26-ers?

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My delivery date was bumped up a few days from 12/11 to 12/8, which I expected since the Switch arrived at a local fedex facility yesterday so it wouldn't have made sense for the delivery to still be 5--6 days out.

So what this means that people whose Switches are in your city/county already have hope that their deliveries will be moved up if the tracking info still shows a strange amount of days from delivery.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Still no movement on my Smash pre-order. It's a Christmas gift, so no real rush, but I am going to regret cancelling my Best Buy pre-order if this doesn't show up.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
My Switch came on Wednesday. Haven't done anything with it since it's a gift but it looks nice and clean to me.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Man... My second switch still says pending in Pennsylvania for like a week, I've sent them a message on Facebook but no reply, nervous.

Shinzen

Jul 1, 2018
For the record, the switch order I made on 11/26 at 7PM is still on "Shipping label created" last updated 11/29 at 8PM.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine got here around 8 am today. Were these supposedly new units? I haven't opened mine, but the box isn't shrink-wrapped.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand FedEx. My package was in Ohio(my state), and in a city that was only a hour away but instead it went to Michigan???

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
For the record, the switch order I made on 11/26 at 7PM is still on "Shipping label created" last updated 11/29 at 8PM.
I was in the same boat, until my package suddenly arrived yesterday afternoon with no USPS update. Granted I DID submit a ticket asking what was going on, but it was only a day or two before that and the tracking info never updated, so I'm thinking it's just a bug.

Shinzen

Jul 1, 2018
I was in the same boat, until my package suddenly arrived yesterday afternoon with no USPS update. Granted I DID submit a ticket asking what was going on, but it was only a day or two before that and the tracking info never updated, so I'm thinking it's just a bug.
I checked on USPS and it finally updated about 30 minutes ago, should arrive Monday. I wasn't in a hurry or frantic to receive it, but I appreciate your input. Thanks.