• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Mine was in NJ on friday/sat/sun (Where I live), then went to NY (date got pushed from thurs to fri), now its back in NJ (Date got pushed back down to Thurs). Hoping it comes tomm.. if not tomm, then Thursday since mail isn't being delivered Wed.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Switch is 1hr 45min away from me as of 1.5 hours ago, but the delivery date is still saying 12/11. I'm guessing either delivery tomorrow if I'm really lucky, or the more realistic scenario is delivery on Wednesday.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I was a 11/26 order and my label has been pending since 11/30 with no further update - not received, no shipping date - just still pending. This is a very frustrating system they set up - especially for something that was a total impulse buy for a trip I'm taking Thursday. Oh well, as long as I get it.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
If its coming by Smartpost, USPS isn't delivering this wednesday

"ALERT: ALL USPS® RETAIL LOCATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON WED., DEC. 5 TO HONOR PRESIDENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH. THERE WILL BE NO REGULAR MAIL DELIVERY & PACKAGE DELIVERY WILL BE LIMITED. "
I believe they said some mail will still be delivered. Some people are hoping this includes things like FedEx smart post and UPS

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Switch does appear to be a Latin American model, running system software 4.1.0.

I wouldn't notice the region if I hadn't gone looking for it.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Mine was in NJ on friday/sat/sun (Where I live), then went to NY (date got pushed from thurs to fri), now its back in NJ (Date got pushed back down to Thurs). Hoping it comes tomm.. if not tomm, then Thursday since mail isn't being delivered Wed.
I think our switches are traveling together.
I don't get why they went back and forth like that
Except mine was supposed to be in ny smh

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I think our switches are traveling together.
I don't get why they went back and forth like that
Except mine was supposed to be in ny smh

My date just got pushed down to Wednesday (Its now in a diff town in NJ).. but USPS most likely won't deliver on Wednesday. Its about 30 minutes away.. heres to hoping it comes tomm!

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch does appear to be a Latin American model, running system software 4.1.0.

I wouldn't notice the region if I hadn't gone looking for it.

Hm, what are the implications of it being a Latin American model?

I was a 11/26 order and my label has been pending since 11/30 with no further update - not received, no shipping date - just still pending. This is a very frustrating system they set up - especially for something that was a total impulse buy for a trip I'm taking Thursday. Oh well, as long as I get it.

This is me too, except pending since 11/29. I can wait for the system once it's actually in transit but at this point I'm starting to worry it'll never be shipped.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The shipping on this thing is so weird. Mine went from being in my city to being in a different state and is now going to come back to my city.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Not the switch but I ordered the DS4 from the marketplace (I think they were both daily steals or whatever it's called) and the tracking said it never shipped but I got it this afternoon. Wondering if I have another on the way

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Well, my glass screen protector and SD card that someone recommended here earlier arrived today.
Hopefully i can install the protector smoothly, i get really OCD about them which is why i never used them on my phone lmao

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, my glass screen protector and SD card that someone recommended here earlier arrived today.
Hopefully i can install the protector smoothly, i get really OCD about them which is why i never used them on my phone lmao
Just do it in the bathroom in a clean environment literally as soon as you take it out of the box. I just took the plastic bag the tablet comes in into the bathroom and put the protector on as soon as I opened it and it went on perfect

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Just do it in the bathroom in a clean environment literally as soon as you take it out of the box. I just took the plastic bag the tablet comes in into the bathroom and put the protector on as soon as I opened it and it went on perfect
I'm going to try that when it comes.
Thank u
really hope it works out lmfao

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, what are the implications of it being a Latin American model?
Nothing, afaik. Seems like NoA will still replace them under warranty

I can't say I'm super confident about that not having any sort of affect on how it is supported. Anyone else have any more details?

I'm going to try that when it comes.
Thank u
really hope it works out lmfao
Also, run the hot shower to get the air a bit steamy. It helps with dust. That's how I do any sort of screen protector application. Dust/debris under screen protectors drives me crazy. It seems to go much smoother since I started doing that for devices.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I'm super confident about that not having any sort of affect on how it is supported. Anyone else have any more details?

Also, run the hot shower to get the air a bit steamy. It helps with dust. That's how I do any sort of screen protector application. Dust/debris under screen protectors drives me crazy. It seems to go much smoother since I started doing that for devices.
Someone on reddit claimed he called Nintendo and said that they do full replacements for switches.
Said that the warranties were international so it would be fine.

Will attempt steaming the bathroom too!
Thank you
Hope it works, all it takes is one piece of dust to drive me nuts

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the post earlier, but the one report doesn't give me much confidence, tbh.
Maybe one of us could give a call to confirm?
Im going to just hope it doesn't break or have any issues, cause knowing my luck if soemthing did happen to my switch it would happen right after the warranty period ends anyways.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like they're shipping out a lot of out-of-region stuff (games/systems) without prior notice. Even at the price it's not really honest business when it's not disclosed upfront.

For things like physical games, even if it runs just fine, it might kill the possibility of trade-in as US stores might not accept it. Don't know how that would work for systems. With a rumored upgrade next year, this would be a a good stop-gap for trading in. Don't know if that ruins that possibility.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
My order status says shipped but when i check the fed ex tracking all it says is that the label was created so I'm thinking they made the label but havent actually shipped it yet -_-

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If my package is under 2hrs away from me, but my delivery date ETA still says 12/11, will FedEx just keep it for a whole week until delivery day?

Deleted member 9929

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mine left Miami on the 28th and got to Orlando on Friday morning (the 30th). Nothing has changed since then, I live on the other side of the country. Arrival date says 12/10. FedEx has really tainted my opinion of them, even cast away can't fix this damage.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
26th ~6pm order, my shit is still on just "label created". Anyone else?

I wonder if they're like straight up waiting for more switches to arrive to them, I imagine they sold way more than expected.

Last edited:

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
just got an update from fedex, switch getting delivered on thursday instead, meanwhile USPS has no idea where my controller is, just says "in transit" lol

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Just got mine. Everything in English, except for blue Informacion de Garantia card. Box has USZ printed on it.
Mine was the same.

US Switches have virtually identical packaging, except they have some quick start and warranty information printed on the inside of the box itself, while these have blue Spanish-first warranty pamphlets pertaining to the Latin America region inserted in the box instead.

My copy of Let's Go Eevee is European.

Last edited:

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Not a Switch my DKTF arrived at my post office today. Probably will be delivered today or Thursday.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Mine is out for delivery today. Was originally supposed to come thurs.. then fri.. then thurs.. then wed.. and now today

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Just received mine. The warranty is in fact in Spanish. Is there anything I need to do to activate it.. or check its status?

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like most people are getting Latin American region systems..has anyone who did this deal gotten a US one yet?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Anyone wanna buy my European Pokemon LGE? The region difference shouldn't actually matter but I'm kind of picky about this stuff and am not going to have much time to play in the near future anyway.