• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mine was the same.

US Switches have virtually identical packaging, except they have some quick start and warranty information printed on the inside of the box itself, while these have blue Spanish-first warranty pamphlets pertaining to the Latin America region inserted in the box instead.

My copy of Let's Go Eevee is European.
I must have been lucky. My copy of Let's Go Eevee and DKTF is ESBR.

Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Smartpost more like stupidpost like wtf lol. Been in my state since Saturday night. Probably like 15 minutes from me. But each day it just keeps updating saying in transit in Phoenix az. My delivery date is 12/11 like why do I have to wait another week when it's in my area already! So dumb lol

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same here only got Let's Go Eevee though. Pretty sure they're Mexican copies. Even says USA on the game cart.

Would have been annoyed with the different packaging with the EU version lol.
The smash games that will be mailed out Friday will likely be Mexican copies despite them saying on SD it's "English copies". Just hope that we won't get EUR copies instead

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I got shipping confirmation and they took money out of my account but USPS still hasn't updated their tracking since I got it. Hopefully I get it sooner than later.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that sucks. Brother just asked me if I knew about any switch deals lol. Just a little to late.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Found this on the SlickDeals forum about the deal, this person's label is from Miami but I'm sure it applies to us NJ label people as well:

My USPS label was printed on the 28th and originating out of Miami. No "in transit" status as of today and after asking dailysteals over the weekend they replied with the message below so for those with the same print date give it a few more days.

"There has been a delay shipping out this lot of items because of the demand.
You should see tracking update no later than Friday.
Please write back if you don't see any movement by this point.
Please feel free to write back if you have any additional questions.
Thanks again and have a great day."

Looks like we'll wait it out

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
So I placed an order on Nov 26 at 7:12AM and I have yet to get an email and its still just ordered on facebook. I have tried to contact Daily Steals and have yet to receive a reply in two days. So am I sol you think?

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Guess I'm gonna order a Pro Controller while I wait for my order to get here LOL
Thank God for that Amazon Prime $15 off code, the prices for those are RIDONKULOUS

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just got an update on Facebook -- the order has now been shipped! Don't lose faith my fellow friends who ordered on the 28th.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Oh nice, both of mine are at my local post office! Says scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I guess I can expect them Thursday.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Question: How ass is the Switch's default storage? I plan to mainly buy physical copies of games. Should I still invest in an SD card?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So my Switch is with FedEx smartpost with an updated delivery from 12/11 to now 12/7. That means FedEx themselves will be delivering, correct?

I hope they don't keep the package until Friday just because, that would be lame. Hopefully it comes in tomorrow.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
If I plan to use the internal storage of Switch and later get an SD card, would it be easy to transfer the data to the new card?

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
My November 26th order "shipped" like 5 days ago, yet has been stuck at Pre-shipment since.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
It's now later in the day than when USPS usually delivers packages in my block. Tracking updated this morning for my pro controller saying it will be delivered on Dec 4 but never updated to say it was out for delivery. Still says in transit to next facility lol.

At this point I want the Switch and controller to arrive to get it over with rather than so I can actually use them.

Trixie Mattel

Nov 9, 2017
Received mine today! Even if it's the Latin American version I can't even tell the difference of the box from the one I got from Best Buy back at launch.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just an update for those waiting or whatever.

I ordered in the Monday night groups. My Switch just arrived. So it's legit.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Just got a dualshock 4 from them today it is a Latin america version. If the Smash bros game is the Mexican version does that mess with the purchase of future DLC? I need to be able to buy Banjo when he is released.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lollllllll my Switch went back to Oregon. Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho, and now back to Oregon.

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up guys. Tomorrow is a day of mourning so USPS won't be doing regular deliveries.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
why do you think they are Mexican copies?
Based on reading SD and here that their PS4 and Xbox games being Mexican copies. Would make sense they also get Mexican copies for switch too. That and I think NA is in the same region hence why it's rated by esrb and says USA on the chart.

Edit: And haven't read the product descriptions but apparently on PS4/Xbox games they state they are Mexican copies but play in English. For some reason they haven't added that disclaimer on switch games or even mention you could get a Euro copy.

Last edited:

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
It's now later in the day than when USPS usually delivers packages in my block. Tracking updated this morning for my pro controller saying it will be delivered on Dec 4 but never updated to say it was out for delivery. Still says in transit to next facility lol.

At this point I want the Switch and controller to arrive to get it over with rather than so I can actually use them.
My shipping said the same thing. Expected delivery today but not out for delivery. 15 minutes ago my USPS tracking page updated the delivery date to Thursday.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Argh! The doorbell rang and it was a solicitor.

My shipping said the same thing. Expected delivery today but not out for delivery. 15 minutes ago my USPS tracking page updated the delivery date to Thursday.

I'm guessing this will happen to me too unless it comes in the next few minutes.

I really don't care what day it comes as long as it comes before Smash (I got the deal for Smash as well so that ships on the 7th....or so Daily Steals says). The problem is the lack of accurate information. Did my Switch actually ship or not? What day will they actually come? It's annoying having to look out for a delivery if I don't know when it's coming.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't care what day it comes as long as it comes before Smash (I got the deal for Smash as well so that ships on the 7th....or so Daily Steals says). The problem is the lack of accurate information. Did my Switch actually ship or not? What day will they actually come? It's annoying having to look out for a delivery if I don't know when it's coming.

In my experience unless USPS specifically says Out for Delivery, it's likely waiting in a different car or sitting in the local mail office to be delivered Thursday despite what the delivery day says on the tracking.

If it shows at your local USPS office, you could've gone in this morning and rang the doorbell on the side to have one of the sorters give you the package if it never went in a delivery car. I used that to get a package of mine that showed delivery day on x day, was in the office, but never made it Out for Delivery.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn was hopin u got urs today since ours traveled together
Lmfaoo at least yours made it today 😭
I guess the whole route was just too messy.
To leave new jersey then make it to my post office before delivery guy went on his route was probably unlikely.
It arrived in my neighborhood at 2:45, usually the mail guy passes by my house at 2-3.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived today, box looks brand spanking new.

Nice job Facebook... I won't forget you down the line when I'm looking for deals.