• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geedorah

Oct 27, 2017
They cancelled mine for not having a last name... when it is clearly shown on the order details. Kinda pissed, this was going to be a gift :/

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Like many others here my fedex info just updated with a new delivery estimate of 12/11 next Tuesday. It arrived at a fedex facility in my county so one would expect that it'd be delivered within the next day or so but unless you're paying for expedited shipping in my experience the handoff process to usps could take a whole day or more, and there's only two more business days in this week. I don't know if Saturday delivery is in the cards either.

I'm betting that the delivery estimate will be pushed up once it gets into usps's hands though. I'm hoping to have mine by this weekend. Crossing my fingers.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Got both of mine! Girlfriend will be very please, she was sure it was gonna fall through and she's giving one to her brother.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Checked the tracking again and it's at the USPS like 3 mins from my house, but the delivery date is on Saturday, 12/8. Gonna guess it'll be out for delivery tomorrow, if not I'll go there and pick it up.

Got mine. It says USZ on the bottom, so I'm guessing that's the North American model?

Look at if the warranty card is primarily in Spanish or not, that seems to be the telling thing.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Pro Controller came Monday, first of two switches (ordered during 11 PM Groupbuy) came today.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
My Christmas gift Switch for my daughter shipped today, and is due next Wednesday. I'm glad I no longer have to worry. Thanks for the thread, OP.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mines due in tomorrow. The language on my USPS tracking says

In Transit
Arrived at hub

Says it arrived at Noon here, so fingers crossed it goes out tomorrow!!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mines due in tomorrow. The language on my USPS tracking says

In Transit
Arrived at hub

Says it arrived at Noon here, so fingers crossed it goes out tomorrow!!

I'm hoping it works out for both of us. It's at my local office ridiculously close to me but still has a delivery day of 12/8.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Delivery tomorrow! Did anybody with one of these Switch receive one of the updated ones that are not hackable?

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Played about an hour of Mario using the joy-cons in each hand, theres a strong Wii presence in playing like that.

I have to say, what a huge difference from the Wii U!!!! The U's tablet felt like a Playskool toy while this feels more in line with a tablet. I'm really impressed at the machine itself. It's the next logic step from from the Wii U, being able to make it powerful enough to be a home console yet also portable is such a cool feature!!!!

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
Got mine, looks new, but wonder hpw the warranty situation would work out. Mine was XAW1010 so no hacks

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Mine finally arrived!

I am going to provide as much detail as I can remember for those still caught in limbo without much info to go on:

I ordered 11/26 at 5:23PM CST. I waited until 11/28 and received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number at 7:26PM. The next update was that a shipping label was created at 11:07PM for a Priority package including tracking and $100 insurance coverage. The USPS tracking number provided never updated past the status Pre-Shipment.

Behind the scenes, the package was shipped under a different tracking number via FedEx SmartPost. On 11/29, the shipping information was sent to FedEx. On 11/30, the package left Miami, FL. The package was dropped off with USPS on 12/03 and made it to me by 12/05 with no back and forth. The tracking number was different than the one provided, which allowed me to view the FedEx and USPS tracking info.

I am 99% sure the Switch (Grey) I received is US. I don't have a blue warranty info card in Spanish and the warranty information is on a sticker on the inside of the box and doesn't say much at all. If anyone can tell me how I can confirm this please let me know.

I hope this info will relieve some people whose tracking numbers display pre-shipment but they've received confirmation and had the money withdrawn.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
What's the significance of XAW1011? I've only seen XAW1008 and XAW1010 mentioned. No mention anywhere else on the internet.

Schug

Oct 27, 2017
My Switch arrived and it is XAW10057? Is this modable? I need to do some research on the emulation opportunities.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Hey guys,
Just want to let you know that for those that still didn't get an update via USPS, try making a FedEx Delivery Manager Account and then you can see if they shipped it through FedEx Smartpost via Tracking Reference.
With this, you can essentially look up shipments without a tracking number since they use your account number and address to find any packages being sent to you. I was able to find my package this way.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Ya mine has the spanish warranty slip.
Where does the console say it's manufacture date?
Just curious about when it was made

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
that's what i read but i don't see that at all.
ohwell.
this is a cool console, looking forward to getting some games for it down the line.

Curious to play with mine, but I also don't even have a game yet. The prices are bonkers compared to how often PC and PS4/XB1 games go on sale, but I guess that's the Nintendo tax people always mention.

I got Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for $15, Spider-Man for $40, and it's hard to find a used copy of Zelda sold by an individual under $40-45. Same thing goes for all their other games.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a little bummed out about this. Ordered 11/26 at 8:26 Pacific Time, label was created 11/29, and no further updates since then, and no response after trying to reach their support a couple of days ago. Anyone else in a similar boat?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
My Switch's shipping label was created on November 28th, but it has not moved since then. Anyone else?

EDIT: Just read the post directly above mine.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to play with mine, but I also don't even have a game yet. The prices are bonkers compared to how often PC and PS4/XB1 games go on sale, but I guess that's the Nintendo tax people always mention.

I got Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for $15, Spider-Man for $40, and it's hard to find a used copy of Zelda sold by an individual under $40-45. Same thing goes for all their other games.
Yeah for real, not only that but I saved a good chunk of money through Microsoft Rewards on my xbox and got games i wanted for basically free.
Backlog is full as it is lol, it sucks to have to leave the switch in the box for awhile but i look forward to playing it.
Nintendo games holding value works out I guess though, it sucks buying games and seeing their prices tank so quickly.
Especially when there's so much to play, but in the scenario where you first buy a nintendo console, and have to buy accessories and games the cost adds up so quick, it's crazy lol.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah for real, not only that but I saved a good chunk of money through Microsoft Rewards on my xbox and got games i wanted for basically free.
Backlog is full as it is lol, it sucks to have to leave the switch in the box for awhile but i look forward to playing it.
Nintendo games holding value works out I guess though, it sucks buying games and seeing their prices tank so quickly.
Especially when there's so much to play, but in the scenario where you first buy a nintendo console, and have to buy accessories and games the cost adds up so quick, it's crazy lol.

Yep I'm kinda conflicted. On one hand I've wanted a Switch since launch but PS4 backlog and waiting for the Switch library to grow held me back. I kinda impulse bought on this deal, but I still have a PS4 backlog to go through and the price of second-hand Switch games isn't really making me want to play it any time soon either.

So it's either I sell it now and get another one with the 2019 refresh, or keep it in the box until I can make time for it and find someone selling a game I want at a good price.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Yep I'm kinda conflicted. On one hand I've wanted a Switch since launch but PS4 backlog and waiting for the Switch library to grow held me back. I kinda impulse bought on this deal, but I still have a PS4 backlog to go through and the price of second-hand Switch games isn't really making me want to play it any time soon either.

So it's either I sell it now and get another one with the 2019 refresh, or keep it in the box until I can make time for it and find someone selling a game I want at a good price.
Thats more or less my plan.
Gonna keep an eye on second hand sales, and if the refresh looks good i'll consider trading this one in or something.
I was waiting for the hardware revision + Pokémon 2019 so this was also a impulse buy for me lmao
Playing mario kart/smash with friends/fam will be fun though i guess whenever the money comes in for that lmfao.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Update:

Switch ordered Nov 26 at 8:26am still says pre-shipment.

Pro controller ordered Nov 28 at 6:06pm is out for delivery!

Smash ordered Nov 29 at 11:28am shipped yesterday. Expected Dec 10.

I hope the Switch just comes today. Would be so stupid if the controller and game came before the console despite the console being ordered first lol.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else still stuck on "Order Confirmed" status? I ordered in the Nov 26 Group Buys, and I've gotten no info since

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn the last update for tracking was last night 8:15PM "Arrived at Hub", still hasn't updated to Out for Delivery and it's already 12:10PM here.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived! Got it all set up and played a couple games of Mario Kart before I had to head out :)

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived today even though the USPS still says it's in pre-shipment. There was no bubble wrap or anything in the box so I hope the thing works, but it looks fine.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Was it passed off to USPS for delivery, or did FedEx handle the delivery?
Sorry for the late reply mate. It was handed over to USPS to deliver even though FedEx does deliver to my house. The second switch just all of a sudden say it has been handed over to USPS around 5am this morning. Gotta hand it to them, their shipping method was as exciting as trying to order the switch in the first place. Lmao

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
If you are stuck on Pre-Shipment you were probably given the wrong tracking number. Mine never updated past that point even now and the box had a different tracking number that had the entire history and also worked with FedEx's website to provide an even more detailed history.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the late reply mate. It was handed over to USPS to deliver even though FedEx does deliver to my house. The second switch just all of a sudden say it has been handed over to USPS around 5am this morning. Gotta hand it to them, their shipping method was as exciting as trying to order the switch in the first place. Lmao

Yeah tell me about it, this has been a roller coaster of emotions and I'm always one to just track the hell out of packages. I didn't think mine would arrive today until it got updated to Out for Delivery at 1:56pm so now I'm just waiting for the USPS driver.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know where I can leave reviews for Daily Steals on Facebook? Gotta look out for them after delivering the goods at this deep a discount; also to help stray off suspicions that they're scammers, rofl.

Oct 27, 2017
My shipment got switched over to USPS from FedEx and I Googled how to track it and it says you can just input the same number on the USPS site to track it. Problem is nothing shows up when I do that.

Oct 27, 2017
Enter the fedex number on the fedex tracker, open up the tracking history, and in the tracking history it will list the new usps tracking number